Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all - just wanted to say hi before the day got crazy. I'm going to be really busy at work today. But, I need to start my day off getting my mind in the right place which is SOBER. So, I had to check in.

Have a happy, sober day everyone. :hug:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Howdy all! Anyone see or hear from the absent quitters? Min, AG, Daisy, etc. etc?
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No Cowboy - I haven't seen them. I hope that they are all doing FANTASTIC! If you are lurking, please let us know how you are. :hug:
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora! I'm doing pretty darn good for an old guy lol. Of course I've been watching the quitters thread, don't like it when things get to quiet in here! Min, if you out and about, maybe you could check out the Army thread, seems like a lot of UK members in there and the time change wouldn't be so much a problem? Just remember though, you'll always be a quitter!

I see daisy resurrected her "Fresh Start" thread in Just Starting Out, I think we were all looking for a fresh start when we found MWO!

Have a great day my friends, no quitting on your quit eh!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

HI everyone, just wanted to say hello. I'm on my 5th day now AF and its my umpteenth attempt but I'm really positive this time. I'm just getting myself together after a long term relationship break up and hiding in a alcohol in the evening.
            I feel better than I have done for a long time and want to hang onto these good feelings. I'm off camping with just myself and my dog for the weekend to a lovely North Yorkshire coastal spot. I'm taking loads to read and my walking gear. Looking forward to camping where I walk up feeling clear headed and ready for the day ahead.
            Good luck everyone. I've been checking in on this site for a long time now and its been the thing that keeps me recognising how destructive alcohol is and everyone is so supportive.

Comment

Spring - have a wonderful weekend. Sounds like you will a marvelous time.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome spring start!
                Cowboy good to hear from you, I believe Min was going to spend the week at her mums. So I hope that's what that is about. Not sure about the others.
                At work, where I don't usually post but my boss is away. Heading to Boston tonight to see the Patriots practice this weekend! (Football, for all who don't know). Eating, shopping and football, :yay: I don't think I will have wifi. Have a good weekend!

Comment

Hey everybody!

Hope everything is going well for you guys!

Just checking in.

Have a successful day!

Comment

Welcome Tat, Blue, and Springstart. Hope you and everyone else are having a wonderful day today and set to have a wonderful weekend

I've been doing okay but now I'm struggling a little bit. I recently had a 2-day headache which felt exactly the same as the hangovers I used to get occasionally except I hadn't had anything to drink - nauseating headache, one-sided over the left temple/eye and the skin stays sore/tender for a couple of days after. The first thing that crossed my mind was - hey, now I can take some Excedrin because I don't drink (hadn't taken any headache pills for years because of the warning on the back about 3 drinks or more and I usually did 3 drinks and sometimes more). Well, the Excedrin didn't work so I won't bother with that again, but now that I'm headache-free I have been questioning whether my headaches were actual hangovers, regular headaches, or migraines (my dad had migraines every 2 weeks for years so that made me wonder). Then I thought, if I'm going to get headaches anyway, I might as well drink! What?? Well, I didn't drink, but that is often at the back of my mind now which is making things a tad more difficult. I must stay strong, stay healthy, and focus on the positives (one of which is I'm slowly losing weight so my clothes fit much better and that is making me feel really good). I have a family birthday dinner/celebration tonight too, but I want to get to 6 weeks AF. I have 1 month AF tomorrow, and then 6 weeks AF is my next goal, so I just need to keep going. I'm going to eat a bunch of stuff and drink a bottle of fizzy water now as I know that will help. I just hate this feeling. Will try to check in later.

Comment

Just realized while reading another thread that I had forgotten my vitamins the past couple of days - bet that has something to do with the crummy craving. Off to rectify the situation

Comment

Hey Knitty - I hope that taking your vitamins helped! You are doing great ignoring that voice in the back of your head!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sorry you are struggling Knitty. I hope the vitamins help. I have been taking mine everyday but the drinking thoughts still creep in sometimes. When they do, I have to play the situation forward. What would happen if I drank? It might be a one time thing or it might take me years to stop again. It is just not worth the risk.
                          You are doing so well. I have no doubt that you will make it to six weeks and beyond. Hang in there.

Comment

Thanks Nora and Jackie. I will make sure I play it forward when I have these thoughts. All ended up okay and I didn't drink. I probably took the vitamins too late in the day to have an effect last night, but the huge bottle of sparkling water definitely helped. However, I was 'saved' anyway as hubby handed me the car keys as we left the house (I had forgotten I had agreed to be the designated driver) and so couldn't drink even if I wanted to. I was very grateful that I didn't have to struggle with the decision anymore and could enjoy my evening. What is even better is that I have been happily acting as chauffeur to family since 8:30 this morning and I feel so free and alive and light on my feet. I've even just started knitting again and planning projects It makes me realize how depressed I always was when I was drinking. I need to keep remembering that.

I'm off to make lunch and have a really busy Saturday. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Comment

Originally posted by Knitty View Post
                              Welcome Tat, Blue, and Springstart. Hope you and everyone else are having a wonderful day today and set to have a wonderful weekend

I've been doing okay but now I'm struggling a little bit. I recently had a 2-day headache which felt exactly the same as the hangovers I used to get occasionally except I hadn't had anything to drink - nauseating headache, one-sided over the left temple/eye and the skin stays sore/tender for a couple of days after. The first thing that crossed my mind was - hey, now I can take some Excedrin because I don't drink (hadn't taken any headache pills for years because of the warning on the back about 3 drinks or more and I usually did 3 drinks and sometimes more). Well, the Excedrin didn't work so I won't bother with that again, but now that I'm headache-free I have been questioning whether my headaches were actual hangovers, regular headaches, or migraines (my dad had migraines every 2 weeks for years so that made me wonder). Then I thought, if I'm going to get headaches anyway, I might as well drink! What?? Well, I didn't drink, but that is often at the back of my mind now which is making things a tad more difficult. I must stay strong, stay healthy, and focus on the positives (one of which is I'm slowly losing weight so my clothes fit much better and that is making me feel really good). I have a family birthday dinner/celebration tonight too, but I want to get to 6 weeks AF. I have 1 month AF tomorrow, and then 6 weeks AF is my next goal, so I just need to keep going. I'm going to eat a bunch of stuff and drink a bottle of fizzy water now as I know that will help. I just hate this feeling. Will try to check in later.
                              Hi Knitty!

Hope your dinner went well!

Comment

Originally posted by Knitty View Post
                                Thanks Nora and Jackie. I will make sure I play it forward when I have these thoughts. All ended up okay and I didn't drink. I probably took the vitamins too late in the day to have an effect last night, but the huge bottle of sparkling water definitely helped. However, I was 'saved' anyway as hubby handed me the car keys as we left the house (I had forgotten I had agreed to be the designated driver) and so couldn't drink even if I wanted to. I was very grateful that I didn't have to struggle with the decision anymore and could enjoy my evening. What is even better is that I have been happily acting as chauffeur to family since 8:30 this morning and I feel so free and alive and light on my feet. I've even just started knitting again and planning projects It makes me realize how depressed I always was when I was drinking. I need to keep remembering that.

I'm off to make lunch and have a really busy Saturday. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
                                YAYYYYY Knit!!! Congratulations on one month!!!!👍👍👍

Have a great busy Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X