Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH , I've been there too. For me as badly and despondent as I feel, the worst thing is staying in bed! Can you sit outside just for a few minutes? Even just walk, just a little for the sake of movement? I know it's hard but it usually helps me some. The more I do it, the better I feel. Are you alone? If you want, you can call me, I'll PM you my cell number.
    Are you eating? See if you can get in some protein. Don't give up, this too shall pass. Did something happen to get you this depressed?
    I had a good day. Went to Giants training camp. Not a huge Giants fan, but we live close to where they play so we hung out there a bit and watched. It was hot and sunny but it was a nice different thing to do on a typical Monday. Ate way too much today, but I'll do better tomorrow!

Comment

OH- I'm in the same boat. Try and do something - as Lizann suggested. I'm also a PL or Skypecall/ what's app away. PM me if you want.

It's 4.30am here and I'm wide awake- typical sign of passing out early from wine and then wide awake for the past hour. Tired but awake tossing through what the pat week has been like, why I can't stop this stupid cycle.

Daisy- Happy Birthday. What a great start to 50- clean and sober!

I'm going to try and read a bit more and catch some sleep. And desperately tired but sleep isn't coming

Comment

OH, great to see you again! Let's stick with it this time and we can celebrate 2 birthdays for you this time next year! :hug:
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

OH, Welcome back. I've been wondering about you and hoping you'd check in. PM me any time.
          G

Comment

Thanks so much everyone , that is why this place is so special, the support you get from every one is unconditional. Appreciate the kind words, finding strength in reading back from past posts. I am forcing myself to go outside today, even if it is for a bit. Just wondering if I am ever going to hit that rock bottom, and when I can achieve my last quit..

Comment

So proud of you Daisy, 50 and clean and sober!! Awesome!

Comment

Happy belated birthday Daisy! Nice to see you Open Halo!
                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Good job Min!!!!!

Comment

Hope you're feeling better Halo!

Comment

I understand.....I deal with depression off and on too.😞

Comment

Originally posted by open halo View Post
                        . Just wondering if I am ever going to hit that rock bottom, and when I can achieve my last quit..
                        Hi, OH. I hope you don't wait for your rock bottom - none of us know what that might look like. And it could be really, really bad. I won't list the ones that come to my mind but I'd encourage you to do that -- imagine the worst thing that could happen to someone you love as a direct result of your drinking. Do you really want to wait for that? Your life feels tough now but it will be nothing compared to what comes from a disastrous rock bottom.

You can achieve your last quit the moment you decide to do it. As Pav's avatar says, you've had the power all along. So use it! There is no reason for it not to be now. I witnessed your several month run of sorbriety - it wasn't always easy but you were doing it and you were proud. And I'd venture to say that it was much easier than what you're going through now.

You know in your heart you have to do this, OH. There's nothing to be gained by delaying and everything to lose. :hug: NS

Comment

Wonderful advice no Sugar, I guess it is because I constantly hear that one needs to hit their rock bottom for true change to finally occur. And with my quit not sticking, I am feeling defeated at the moment. But you are right, it can be done, and one should never wait for the worst to happen. Everyone here can make their life better, including me. Thanks No Sugar :hug:

Comment

You know, OH, I used to fantasize about getting a serious illness that wouldn't kill me but that would be bad enough that I absolutely couldn't drink. I even thought prolonged hospitalization would be good. That shows you how messed up our thinking can get! Now I know, though, that it probably wouldn't have worked - I bet I would have gone right back to where I was once I recovered from this fantasy illness because I wouldn't have done the work to change my brain - self-care, gratitude, interacting with peers, etc.

Where you were yesterday - miserable in bed - sounds like as good as any rock bottom.

Nothing particularly bad ever happened to me but no longer caring about my life was worse - it was an abyss. I finally decided not to live a life that often felt like it had no meaning anymore. You can make that choice, too. I hope you stick around consistently and let us help you.

Comment

OH, hope you're feeling better today. Lots of good advice that I will use as well. I was waiting for that rock bottom moment, maybe even had it but like no sugar said we can decide to do it.
                              Min, I think if we had the answer to why we keep doing this, we wouldn't be doing it? For me right now, just one day at a time. I can't think about not drinking beyond that.
                              I am so glad that if I have to be on this journey, I'm on it with all of you. Thanks for all the support.

Comment

Daisy - Happy Birthday

OH - How are you doing? It's good to have you here.

Liz - I can't think any further ahead either. I get up in the morning and as soon as I can, I log on and post in Newbie Nest Roll Call and on The 24 Hour threads. I tell myself that I already posted it so I can't drink. I know it sounds funny but whatever works. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well.
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X