Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't live in the U.S. OH or I would totally be down!

Comment

OH that sounds like fun. Hubs and I have done a few 5ks together. He signed us up for a hoola hoop class at the community school.

Comment

How is everyone doing tonight?
        I haven't coloured in a bit...I gotta get back into it.
        I want to take up knitting too...I want to make some big chunky scarves for the Winter. Anyone else know how to knit here?

Comment

Bri back in the day I knotted. I'm thinking to color tonight too.
          Woke up with major anxiety today!!! With a power greater than my own, I changed the dialogue in my head. Feeling a little better, ready to start my day. I'm working but will try and post

Comment

Can't get drinking out of mt head.
            Just found out I have been conned. 2 weeks ago I got in touch with the planning office to request planning so that I could take extra children on. The man came out and wanted 350 cash on the day. Another bill via email last night to say someone would come today and I had to have another 750 up front. Got in touch with a friend who used to work in planning and he worked out that I have been dealing with a fraudster.
            He used the same name but in a different way.....misleading. Rang him demanding my money back and waiting on a call. Not sure what is going to happen next. Relieved to have found out in time.
            Been very stressed this past week about how much this was gonna cost, never mind someone conning me.
            Would love to escape my thoughts and that is where this thinking is coming from.
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Rang the company and had an argument with the man who called here. Told him he had misled me and he argued back. Wants an email to say how I feel, then will get back to me in 24 hours. Not much else I can do.

Comment

Daisy, be strong. I know all to well about those stupid thoughts. On top of everything else your dealing with. Did he show you any ID. Can you call the police? There has to be something you can do. Keep us posted?

Comment

Lizann, how is your anxiety? Better, I hope. I know the feeling all too well.
                  I was doing pretty good today - had hiccups though along the road. Now I am just ready for bed!

Daisy, how are you doing??

Comment

Aww, Daisy :hug: I've been looking for you! I hope you get this straightened out! I'm sorry this happened to you.

Please check in. We need you!

Hi everyone :hiya: I'm in the SECOND week of my umpteenth quit. It's also my LAST Quit. Don't have another one in me.
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Welcome Starfish!

Congratulations on week two and your commitment to quit. It has been a relief for me to realize I can never drink again. I was in the stop/start cycle for years. It did nothing but confuse my already addled brain. Once the door is firmly shut on alcohol things do get better. Stick close and don't be afraid to ask for all the help you need.

Take care,

JackieM

Comment

Bri, thanks for asking, my anxiety was much less today. I just never know. Got out took a nice long walk with the dog after work. I'm glad you go through those hiccups.
                        Hi starfish, good job on 2 weeks.
                        Daisy, how's it going? Any news?

Comment

Daisy - I'm thinking of you. Have you talked to that guy anymore?

Hi Starfish - great to see you here!

Hope that the anxiety stays better for both Liz & Bri. :hug:

Jackie - always great to read your posts.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome Starfish and congrats!!

Thank you Nora - that was very nice of you to say. It was OK today - reared it's ugly head a few times...dealing with now as we speak...going to bed soon though.

Lizann - good to hear you're doing well. Sending big hugs your way!! xx

Comment

Thanks Bri. Felt really good today. Realizing that boredom is a huge trigger for both anxiety and al. Maybe that's half the battle right there? Is that the case for you too Bri?
                              Hope your all doing ok?
                              Tomorrow is my early day, hoping it won't be too busy at work. In counting the hours until my son comes home from Switzerland this weekend! I'm sure that's part of the reason I'm feeling good today, whatever, I'll take it!

Comment

Annoyed at myself....after 14 days! When will I ever learn?
                                After arguments and emails they are refunding me 200. Expecting it in the post. Just have to suck it up.
                                More important for me to get sober right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X