Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back, Lizann! This site can be a real challenge. I'm hoping once I get back to my laptop, things will be better. I used only this tablet to post on the old site and it worked fine. Are you managing to stay AF?

Comment

Yes ginger I am! Thanks for asking. We moved mountains here at home and I'm feeling very accomplished.

Comment

Good for you, Lizann! Lots going on in your world right now.

How's everybody else getting along?

Comment

Hi Lizann! I'm so glad you're back with us and AF!!!! Good to hear! Ginger, I don't have any of the problems on this site like you mentioned. Must be your tablet. I'm just still getting use to the site itself and trying to decide if I like it. But it seems to be more comfortable every day. I've been trying to get my subscription to go through but not having any luck so far.

We're having perfect weather here in Ohio. 75 and sunshine everyday and it's suppose to continue for another week!

Comment

Chief, Enjoy that weather! We got home to rain and 60 degrees. It's starting here.... We head south in three months. I just can't take the snow and gray skies anymore! Saw a post from RJ they are taking the site down Monday and it will be down for a week. We need to make sure we can stay in touch eveyone! Look for the post called "Downgrade is the New Upgrade". I tried to copy and paste the link but it wouldn't let me

Comment

Here is the link to a site that Nursie created as a back up to this one in the event MWO goes down. http://steppingforward.proboards.com

Comment

I'm late joining this party, but I hope the door is open for a newcomer. I am not new to MWO, but laid low for a very long time. I see that the format has changed. I've reregistered, and here is what I wrote on my profile page:

I don't drink at all, so why am I here, you might ask? Because up until yesterday, I did quite a bit of it, on a daily basis! There's a very funny writer who wrote a book called You Can't Drink All Day, Unless You Start in the Morning. Friends, that was me, for years and years and years. But no more. I loved the very idea of wine, with all its romantic, literary, and historical allure, its luscious flavor when paired with good cheese (or even with stale potato chips). I loved the feeling of the Riedel crystal glass in my hand. I loved the feeling of a plastic lidded go-cup in my hand, if I needed to do my sipping (okay, gulping) in public, or while driving around on errands. But, like so many of you, "one was too many, and ten were not enough."

I read this entire thread (took a while!) and also read SoberSou'l excellent blog. I hope she is okay?

I look forward to getting to know you all,

Comment

Glad you found your way back Liz and that you've been staying strong.

Definitely enjoy that weather Chief. Spent all day yesterday raining over here though thankfully we've got the sun back today.

Migration Ginger? Don't tell me it's Fla, always seemed a little too flat for me. Just checked out RJ's update and . . . some vendors. Reminds me of when Microsoft came out with windows Vista.

Newcomers always welcome Ophelia. How's your quit going?

SS?
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

ophelia jane;n2515416 wrote: I'm late joining this party, but I hope the door is open for a newcomer. I am not new to MWO, but laid low for a very long time. I see that the format has changed. I've reregistered, and here is what I wrote on my profile page:

I don't drink at all, so why am I here, you might ask? Because up until yesterday, I did quite a bit of it, on a daily basis! There's a very funny writer who wrote a book called You Can't Drink All Day, Unless You Start in the Morning. Friends, that was me, for years and years and years. But no more. I loved the very idea of wine, with all its romantic, literary, and historical allure, its luscious flavor when paired with good cheese (or even with stale potato chips). I loved the feeling of the Riedel crystal glass in my hand. I loved the feeling of a plastic lidded go-cup in my hand, if I needed to do my sipping (okay, gulping) in public, or while driving around on errands. But, like so many of you, "one was too many, and ten were not enough."

I read this entire thread (took a while!) and also read SoberSou'l excellent blog. I hope she is okay?

Welcome, Ophelia! Glad you decided to join in. This site is in a bit of a mess right now so it will be down starting this Monday for as much as a week but we are hoping for less time. Please hop over to http://steppingforward.proboards.com and join there if you'd like. It's a stop-gap until this site gets the bugs worked out. Whatever you do... stay close until we can get this all sorted out. We'd love to have you participate in our thread!

Comment

ophelia jane;n2515416 wrote: I'm late joining this party, but I hope the door is open for a newcomer. I am not new to MWO, but laid low for a very long time. I see that the format has changed. I've reregistered, and here is what I wrote on my profile page:

Welcome, Ophelia! Glad you decided to join in. This site is in a bit of a mess right now so it will be down starting this Monday for as much as a week but we are hoping for less time. Please hop over to http://steppingforward.proboards.com and join there if you'd like. It's a stop-gap until this site gets the bugs worked out. Whatever you do... stay close until we can get this all sorted out. We'd love to have you participate in our thread!

Comment

When will the shaking stop?? I am at about 24 hours now and can't sleep either.
                        We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
                        ~Albert Einstein quote

Comment

Hi Tatahi5, I didn't get the shakes when I stopped so I'm not sure what to tell you. Did you post this question to the Newbies Nest? Someone there may be able to answer this for you. Sorry I can't be more help. Glad you are here!

Comment

Ori, We live in the Pacific Northwest so we go down to AZ in the winter. Still haven't found that perfect spot though. We are mostly gypsies staying one or two weeks where ever we land.

Comment

So we're back in business! Hi All, hope everyone survived the little vacation from MWO!

Don

Comment

I hung out over at the site that Nursie created. It served us well. I missed your wisdom while I was there though. I had a bit of a rough patch and needed a good butt kicking. You were no where to be found Stayed AF though. Glad we are back and you are here!!

Comment

Working...
                                X