Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in. Everything is good here. I have to get in a run tomorrow because I'm running a 5K Saturday and I haven't run in about a week although I have been swimming just about everyday. The weather is cooling off and the leaves are falling.

Hope you girls are doing well and enjoying your AFness!

Don

Comment

Doing well here...it is witching hour right now so I'm feeling distracted and having more boozy thoughts but gonna grab a soda (yuck! Wouldn't ever dream of drinking it before) but the sugar will get me through the next two hours. At some point, that's got to go also I know...anyway...so nice to wake up invigorated...
      Chief and Ginger, you are a couple of impressive people with the workout regimen...way to go!
      Ok... On my way into the gas station now to grab that sprite...watch me walk right past the wine in the fridge! Here I go!:exclaim:

Comment

Lola, You are doing great! I get what you mean with the sugar. I need to really get a handle on my sugar intake too. Chief, Do you struggle with sugar? I don't think I've heard you mention that.

I'm off tomorrow morning (early) on an adventure with my three sisters. We've rented a beautiful house over looking the bay. We will be back Tuesday. I should have good connectivity so I'll be checking in!

Stay close Lola. Again, feel free to PM me if you need to. That's what we are for.

Comment

I've missed you guys! Had the dickens of a time trying to get back on mwo and just been super busy. I'm doing good though. Had a few tough days last week with the cravings but feeling much better since the weekend.

Just wanted to let you know I'm back. I'll read back tomorrow.

Comment

Lizann, So glad to see you. I've missed you here. Glad things have been going okay for you!

Comment

Hi Lizann! Great to see you, I'm glad you're back. Lola, good to see you're doing well and beating the Beast.

Just about everyone I know says they have sugar cravings when they quit drinking. I do too. I've read it's because our bodies are use to converting alcohol into sugar and when we stop drinking we get the cravings. We have to watch it so we don't gain a lot of unwanted weight. I've gained 15 lbs since I quit but I feel so much better and people tell me I look good. When I was drinking I didn't eat a lot. Most of my calories were from alcohol. I crave sweets and watch that I don't overdo it but I still would rather have a strawberry sundae than a 12 pack of beer! That's also another reason why exercising is so important.

Have a good weekend Ginger. Take us along with you....

Don

Comment

Just got to our house. It's going to be rainy all weekend but we will still have a great time. The wine is flowing already with my two younger sisters. I'm thankful for my older sister who has never drank.

Got a call from my DIL that my three year old grandson went to the hospital at noon. He's having terrible pain in his right side and they think it's his appendix. Please keep the little guy in your thoughts. He is such a sweet boy. I wish I was home to support his parents. UGH....

Comment

Thinking about your grandson, Ginger. Poor little guy....I'm sure he's scared because he doesn't understand.

Stay strong around that wine, girl.... I wish you wouldn't put yourself in those kind of situations but I know you can't just live in a protective bubble.

Comment

They let Vance go home. I'm waiting for a call to tell me what is going on. I hate being far away when this is happening.

Thanks for the strength, Chief. I'm really good right now with the drinking. It helps to have a non-drinking sister to bond with on these trips.

Comment

Good

Comment

Little Vance is home. They aren't sure exactly what is going on but he's better. May just be a bad virus. Scary though....

Comment

We are taking a ferry ride to Friday Harbor today. My two sisters that started drinking at noon are already up and at 'em. There is no way in the world that I would be able to get up this early and be ready to ride on a ferry after drinking all day. Ahhh... youth it's wasted on the young.

Comment

And the young often waste their youth by drinking too much!....lol

Comment

Hi guys...sooty to hear about sweet little Vance Ginger but glad to hear that everything seemed to be ok...at this point, drinking would make me feel like such a weakling...I can't imagine that I could even enjoy it knowing I'd be guilt triping the entire time...I think I finally feel properly motivated...yes yes yes!!!
                              That is pretty crazy about your sisters ginger...You go girl....good for you for ...you sound so strong! BTW...what is your favorite beverage now? I am quite partial to virgin mojito and I'm making them at home...they can't be good for me but I'm with chief....better a bucket of simple sugar than an ounce of liquid evil. I'll try quitting sugar another day...right now, these get me through the witching hours! Doing 30 minute cardio every day...maybe it cancels out???? Have a wonderful night ya'll.....oh..and here is a really dumb question...how to I PM someone here?. Sorry ginger...still not super savvy on MWO as you can plainly see...

Comment

Been a while since I checked in with you folks. Glad to hear about Vance Ginge. Still can't find my motivation so still up and down. Mentioned to my Shifu/Acupuncturist about my issues when he mentioned my smoking. He basically reinforced everything I know I should be doing. To think that a) I used to help council people in our position and b) .... there was a b somewhere.
                                Btb, alcohol does not convert to sugar. It's your body looking to convert something to Serotonin which is made in the gut. The preferred source is tryptophan if I remember correctly. Leafy greens and poultry. And tuna. Not sure if it's the omega 3's. Don't remember.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X