Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! So great to see you here, BG. I saw your post on another thread. Welcome to the umpteenthers. I agree with you.... The more we can have in our toolbox the better off we are. We have Chief here to give us the "real" scoop when we need it. He won't mince words and that's what we need!

Hi Sunbeam! I tend to stay on this smaller thread. I get a little overwhelmed on the bigger more active ones.

Lola, glad you are back and AF. I always worry a little when I don't see a post for a day or two.

Ori.... Where are you buddy?

I'm busy trying to convince hubby to leave for our southern trip now and come back for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just hate this dreary weather and want my sunshine back. I suffer from SAD. No matter what I've tried nothing seems to help but good old SUNSHINE!! (and hiking

Who am I missing? Well... HI to everyone

Comment

Hi Everyone! Welcome, BG!

Glad to see we have a lot of folks doin' the AF thing!

I mowed today and worked in the yard. 72 degrees and it's suppose to snow this weekend!

Comment

Hey, Chief! Enjoy that good weather. It's creeping away.

Not having any luck yet talking hubs into heading south early. I'll keep working on it though. I'm pretty tenacious when I need to be!

Comment

Good luck with that Ginger... use your charm and good looks ;-)

Glad to see some new umpteenthers (that's a mouthful)! Everyone is welcome and I can't stress enough how important it is to check in every day.

So glad you are stringing some sober days together Lola.

It's easy right now and of course that is dangerous... but I've got some sober tools in my back pocket ready to use in case of my monkey mind giving me some bad advice. Chili for supper and I've got to start making it so it has a chance to simmer before we eat it.

I believe we are having a 'cleaning' crew of friends and family this weekend to clean up all the construction debris and tools and then... WE MOVE IN. All furniture, dishes, and clothes will seem like NEW! I haven't seen my stuff for 8 months; two months in storage while we stayed at the office and another six months while we built the house. Christmas in November!
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS, I'm SOOooooo excited for your move-in day. You have endured more than most could have and you are going to get your reward very soon! Yeah!!!

Hubs and I talked through my idea to leave now and it boils down to only one thing..... I want to go now and he doesn't. He loves this house and doesn't mind being stuck in doors when the weather gets cold and wet. I on the other hand, HATE that kind of weather and feel trapped when I have to stay inside. I guess I'm a little worried if I feel trapped I might turn to AL to sooth my soul and I DON'T DRINK!! So I will be looking for an inside project to do for the next eight weeks or I will go insane!

Hope everyone is good and staying AF. Friday is 6 months for me!

Comment

Hi,
              Checking in...
              I have had a great day today. I had the house to myself this morning and puttered around before I came to work for the evening.
              After working an evening shift is a tough one for me. I like the way you all reference the tools in your back pockets etc. I havent
              quite developed that yet, and feel very vulnerable. It is like the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other.

1) There is no AL in the house.
              2) My husband knows how important this is to me, and he is obstaining and being supportive. (even if I was grumpy last eve).
              3) I have tried a hypnosis app, but not really pleased with that, Just repeats same thing over and over. Might purchase MWO tapes.

So, 3 days AF now.
              I recall getting over the 3 days and things started to feel better.

Thanks for listening.
              BG

Comment

Ginger - 6 months - that is so good. You should be very proud of yourself.

Comment

BG, good job on three days. We all started right where you are now. If you want this, you will get it!! Having hubby's support is so important. Check out the link to the toolbox in my signature line. There are some awesome things there. I started from the first post and read them all. Some clicked with me and some didn't but that's how I built my own arsenal of things to use in my own toolbox. I haven't tried anything but reading and posting here. I do take L-glutemine to help with the sugar cravings when they hit. It really seems to help. Glad you are here and staying close. It is the key to my success and I'm sure it will be yours too.

Comment

Hey all,Ginger,i wish l-glute worked for salt cravings as that's all i ever crave haha,just wanted to say hi to everybody and say congrats on 6 monthshi BeachGirl,good job on 3 days
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly!! Great to see you here. Salt used to be my thing when I drank but now it's sugar all the way, baby!! Just like when I was a kid. Hmmmm Pauly, do you hike? We will be in your neighborhood in February. We should hook up!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Ginger! 6 months! You go girl! Well done! You are a valuable asset here. Thank you for helping us all change our lives.

Pauly, it's good to see you. SS, I bet you can't wait to start moving in. That's so cool. We all know how much you've been looking forward to this. You will enjoy it so much more doing it with a clear head. BG, 3 days is great! Keep it going....you'll feel better each day that passes. You'll think clearer, look better, and see yourself in a different light. Check in everyday and read and post. We're all with you. Lola, you are also doing great...keep it going. It gets better all the time.

It's good to see all the days adding up!

Comment

Thanks Chief - just that little comment has helped me tonight.

I dont hate myself quite as much, and I can do another day.

THANKS!

Comment

Beach girlie, of course you can do it. In this moment in time you don't drink! What is life but millions of moments just like this one. What you do is decided moment by moment. Stay conscious and awake and aware. A sober lifetime is many moments like this one strung along together. So happy you are creating your new sober life with us.
                            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Confession:

I have a very good friend, who travels alot, and we only chat. I tried to explain to him the depth of my alcoholism. The first time I said it outloud, besides my husband. It was very difficult to admit.

He swept it away and said I didnt have a problem, and if I just set my mind to it, I could do it.

So he challenged me to go all of September AF. I agreed, I wanted this so bad. For so many reasons, but to show him, who grew up in an alcoholic family especially.

I made it 3 days, checking in daily. Then I started to lie. ( I know, I have said all the bad crappy stuff to myself already).
                              On about day 10 I told him I had a slip up, one time....he totally took a strip off of me, I was in tears. So I continued to lie and be AF (ha) for the rest of the month.

I feel like such a S..., I have never lied to this friend. We like each other for who we are... no secrets.

I quess soon, when really AF for a time, I will tell him and hope for forgiveness.

I am sure others have done similar things. STUPID ALCOHOL.

Comment

Thanks SS - yes, it is moment by monent isnt it?

Soon it will be day by day
                                Then week by week.

I want to be AF forever. I hate what it has done to me, and my family. A good part of my extended family are addicts of some sort. Some AL, some much worse.

My adult son is VERY addictive. He has overcome most of it. Still smokes, that is minor compared to the heroin, cocaine, alcohol that almost killed him x2.( actually brought back to life by paramedics and ER staff) He has struggled and come back and is a wonderful man now. I used to be so angry with him and could not see how he could do this and not quit.

I understand now, and appreciate what he has done to become clean. He is a very strong man. He told me he was able to do it for me - he could not bear seeing the pain I was going through.

Now - I dont know how I got this far, embarressed and mad, but I am here, and I am going to change for Him and for my grandson. If he can do that for me- I will do this for them and for ME

Comment

Working...
                                X