Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, BG... That's a tough one. Sorry about the thing with your friend. But he is just that, your friend. When you are ready you will tell him the truth and he will forgive you. Do give yourself some time to get this quit under your belt, though. If it were me, I'd avoid the hard stuff while you are working through this quit. Some very wise people told me to be kind to myself the first few weeks. Stay up late, go to bed early, eat ice cream for breakfast, induldge yourself.... just don't drink. Pretty good advice (especially the ice cream . You want this, so you will get it! And we will be here to help each other along this AF journey. Just keep coming back and posting, reading, posting.....

Hi SS, Chief, everyone! Getting colder and colder here. Still trying to get my hubs on the road early! I think I'm wearing him down. LOL

Comment

Whoot whoot!!! Today is 180 days AF for me. That's 6 months folks. I would in no way be at this point in my AFness, if not for my buddies here. Thank you for your support. Now let's get out there and keep racking up those days! :sohappy:

Comment

Congrats, Ginger.!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Way to go Ginger!!! That is fantastic.

I am going to follow your advice. thank you.

Comment

Happy Halloween all! Wishing you all an AF and (hopefully not TOO spooky) fun-filled evening! Seeing shrink this PM for support and insight....will be interesting to see what she conjures....staying away from booze and am grateful to you all!

Comment

Hey thanks all but pat yourselve's on the back too. Couldn't do it without you! Lola, if you feel like it, let us know how it goes tonight.

Comment

BG, you WILL do this! I have also been he one 'looking in' with my former spouse, couldn't understand how he could abuse his body and his family with AL, now, I am doing he same thing, but trying to catch myself before irreparable damage is done.

You WILL do this, you owe it to yourself. Day by day, sometimes hour by hour. You are healing the entire way.
                Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Hi Roadside! Glad you stopped by.

Comment

BeachGirly is heading to the beach.

Off to Mexico - will check in when home.

Stay AF everyone, I will keep you and your words of wisdom close while I am away.

BG

Comment

Hi Everyone. Just checking in at ten days sober. I feel like it's been most of the past six months so that makes me feel better. The whole deal with cheating on your friend with drinking is an example of the way we make a mountain out of a mole hill. In ten years will it really matter that you waited for a few months of sobriety to confess? Of course not; you guys'll be laughing at the memory and toasting each other with tea!

Watching a loved one struggle with addiction is so painful and knowing how hard he's trying and still failing is something only we fellow addicts can understand. I am glad to be an addict in that I can give my son grace as he walks his journey to sobriety. I never would judge his relapse. Hate the drink; not the drinker.

Hope you all had a pleasant evening. Hubby and i went to see the little grandchildren in their costumes. We enjoyed watching the girls act out their princess costumes and the toddlers getting to know each other. Everyone had one or two drinks; I and another young mother happily had tea.

Talk later and stay close.
                      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS, Hell yes you are going to include all the months sober. I've never quite gotten that starting over business. You had a slip, you learned stuff and you are back. You've had important months of sobriety. They count!!

I had my first drinking dream last night. It was really a strange dream overall but the drinking part was most disturbing. I was being forced to drink something and I was crying and begging the person to stop. I felt such remorse. Strange... Woke up with a horrific headache this morning that is slowing subsiding.

Hubs has agreed to leave this Thursday. We will drive to Nevada stay a couple of weeks and leave the RV there until we return after Christmas. That gets it over the passes before the snow flies. This is a test... We may not do this again in the future. He is such a sweet man. He said that's why we retired early! Let's try it. Left to himself, he'd never do half the things I drag him off to do.

Hope everyone had an AF Halloween. We had 6 of the 7 grandkids and parents for dinner and TnT in our neighborhood. I was exhausted when I finally got to bed. Hmmmm maybe that's why I had the weird dream???

Comment

That's interesting.. your dream, Ginger. Funny you should be dreaming about being forced. I never dream but people say sobriety brings dreams so I am waiting. I am glad you are going away early. You really seemed to need it bad. I understand.

Today we did a huge construction clean-up and i washed the windows of the new house. We have one of those robot vacuum cleaners and it works like a charm. I never realized they even existed until recently. This one even mops the floor although we haven't tried that accessory. I can't believe I won't have to clean the floors. I'll believe it when I see it but so far the little guy does a great job. We just have to tweak him to go into corners with his little brush attachment.

How is everyone else doing?
                          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Do let us know how that vacuum works. My dog sheds something awful and I could use to vacuum up the hair every day (but I don't). I like the sounds of it being done all the time by somebody else.

No dreams? What? I dream every night. I think I'd miss them. Most are good, like little movies. I can do without drinking dreams though!

Hope everyone is having a great day/eve.

Comment

Yes, drinking dreams are interesting. When I have them and wake up I'm so relieved to realize it was a dream. The last one I had I was somehow able to realize it was a dream and I woke myself up so it would be over. Our minds are an amazing thing. I dream almost every night too, Ginger. I look forward to it!

Hi Roadside...Welcome to our neck of the woods. SS, good to see you and good job on 10 days you're adding to your previous run! I'll bet you are feeling good.

BG.....check in with us, even from Mexico!

Well, it's snowing here. It won't accumulate but it's our first snowfall. Ginger, so you're gonna wimp out and run away from the snow, huh? Do you have room for a stowaway?

Enjoy your AFness everyone...

Don

Comment

Well I guess I am in the first week once again though it's so off again on again, a little there a little here... I'm sorry sober to be so out of touch with you. I mean to pick up the phone, PM but I i seem to be in permanent distraction mode . I am watching a lot of tv lately I admit like now...with the girls, Supernatural. I should be reading or writing but...feel so empty headed these day! . I Have managed to loose your blog site however I updated my iPad and it's been screwy ever since..

Still lots of great people here. You've created a wonderful site here. :heartbeat:
                                I do plan on posting here though as well as the steppers. I am wondering a bit, trying to get used to the site, I can't figure out the settings but at least my Avatar followed me!

Ginger , there was a guy who posted here a while ago who interpreted dreams- it was a bit creepy but very compelling .:newhere:

Thanks Deb for staying strong especially during the move. How stressful is that! I hope your granddaughter is happy and healthy and you enjoy the new dishes:love:
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X