Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ori, Glad you made it through the holiday and have a plan. It's always a good thing to spend some time reflecting.

How's everyone else getting along?

Comment

HI Ginger,

All is great at my end - except for being cold!

How are you? Enjoying your time away? How long do you plan to stay south?

BG

Comment

Hi all! Woke up in a great mood! Going to end the year sober, and start the new year sober, and I expect all the Quitters to do the same! It has been a great year for me, so much to be grateful for, but sobriety tops the list!

BeachGirly - Love the avatar!

To all the rest of my quitting friends, have a great end to 2014 and join me in saying that I will not have another first week of an umpteenth quit in 2015!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi ABC, So nice to hear about your great mood! I struggle with my mood so hearing other's good news like this makes me happy. We are going to bring in this new you AF. Whoot whoot!!

BG, Glad things are great on your end. We are just east of San Diego where the big storm hit last night. Cloudy, windy and rainy here. That makes my SAD trigger something awful. At least we didn't get any snow like the folks just 60 miles north of here got last night. By the weekend the weather should be back in the 70s. I'm looking forward to that!!

Hope everyone else is doing great and enjoying their AFness!

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I'm so glad to see us all enjoying our AFness through the holidays. I was at the local grocery store last night around 7:00 and I couldn't help but notice all the people in line buying massive quantities of alcohol. It made me think of myself in previous years....thinking this is a perfect excuse/reason/event to drink as much as I can because it's a celebration and it's expected and we can't possibly enjoy the festivities without drinking....lol. What a crock of shit! Then, this morning we went out to breakfast and I couldn't help but notice all the people who were hungover....looking bad...dehydrated, red eyed, flushed and trying to act like everything was fine.

I, myself, worked yesterday morning, then went to the gym and swam, then my wife and I went out to eat....I had a wonderful virgin bloody mary, a perfectly cooked T-bone steak, grilled skewered shrimp, baked potato, and an antipasto salad. We then went home, watched a little TV, and was in bed by 10:00. I slept great and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. Today we're going over to my son's house for dinner and play with our 5 year old grandson.

Doesn't get any better than that......

Let's all plan on meeting back here this time next year and celebrate our totally AF 2015!.........Deal?

Don

Comment

Good morning friends,
                Glad to see all of us checking in and doing so well.
                Cowboy, you have a good point - why are we on a forum called Upteenth Quit. We are done! We will never have to quit again.
                I feel so good knowing that is behind me. I am only on day 21, but this feels so different with the support of everyone here and other pages.

Ginger - hang in there, sun is coming.
                Cheif - what a nice evening for you and your wife, and time with your grandson today is the best!
                Cowboy - How cold are you at today? Did you see any of the festivities last evening?
                Ori - Hi, great to meet you.

I am off to work again today. Working in the health field, this is always an intersting time with AL. It is a wake up call/reminder why I want to be AF.

Happy New Year to all - this will be our best year yet.

BG

Comment

BG - up here in N.E. Alberta we call this God's Country, God made it, then promptly forgot about it lol. Tuesday it was -22C, Wednesday -8C, today 0C (32F) tomorrow supposed to be -24C, Saturday -30C! Some crazy temp swings for sure!

Sounds like everything is good with the Quitters, better weather Ginger? Chief, I envy you, you are a lucky man indeed!

Have a great New Year's Day everyone!

Comment

Hi all.... So glad to see you all! You guys have a good point! What are we doing on the umpteeth thread. We are all done, right? I came here early in my quit when I wasn't sure I could make it stick. I met Chief and SoberSoul (she started the thread) here and just couldn't leave! We could retire this thread but it might be helpful for people struggling to see us "quitters" hanging out here.

We spent a gorgeous day at the beach. Warmer weather here and I'm loving it. I've gone to the ocean my entire life but it's always been on the WA and OR coasts. They are never very warm. This was heaven!! I posted some pics on Facebook, if you are interested.

Happy AF 2015!!!

Comment

Ginger we can't stop this thread, I just got here and I really like it!!! I was so very happy to find this place when I found my way back to MWO in an attempt to quit AL yet again. I really like the Nest but find it very busy, this thread provides a great balance. I find reading the posts from you, beachygirl, chief , abcowboy, very inspiring and encouraging. You guys sound strong but at the same time very honest and realistic, it has been a significant contributor in getting me to my 30 days AF! So a big thank you to this thread for keeping me on the AF path!

Wishing everyone a great rest of January, I'm with you chief , trying to have a 2015 without having to "quit" again. "Never quit quitting" love that saying!
                      Abcowboy, god's country has us beat, we were at -18 today!

Comment

Open, glad you are here and glad that it helps you. I like the low key thread too. I love Newbies Nest and I read it all the time but I rarely post there because it's so busy. I never feel like I can add much to the great discussions on that thread. Glad you are all here and you are maintaining your AFness!!

Comment

open halo, I don't think any of us are going to leave this thread! I find it the most open, honest, and forgiving one here! We are the quitters, never going to quit quitting!

Comment

Hey guys. Happy New Year! As for me, I'm back on day one. I did not fare well through the holidays. Let's try this again!

Comment

Hey Liz, good to see you and a Happy New Year to you too! Day 1's are never great, but it's great to see you back!

Comment

Welcome Lizann, the most important part is that you are back! And like you, we have all been there, so we can relate to the start of a new day one. The holidays can be a most difficult time to get through, but there is always time for a new start, glad you have joined us! Hope you are doing well, and stick around , reading and posting has helped me tremendously in sticking the course this time around!

Comment

Working...
                                X