Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - May 2014

Thanks Dottie! You know you're the one that got me sick right? LOL

It started with a head cold and moved into my lungs, now I'm hacking all over. The pharmacy was out of stock of the meds they prescribed me too...so I still haven't taken anything to get better. But here I am at my dreary job. It took all my effort to even pretend like I care!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

So I read back (ok...skimmed). Did y'all know I was Vegan for FOUR whole days?? I plan to start again tomorrow, I think. It's kinda expensive getting all set up for it, but then it should be fairly cheap to maintain. Ok...so has anyone tried Chia seeds? You put them in water and it turns into a gelatinous texture. Have a few spoons full of that and you will not be constipated, ever again. LOL Too much info?
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I use chia seeds,i just put them in drinks or yogurt i like 'em,ladies i will not be joining you in the meat-free thing,but would like to hear how it goes
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - I'm sticking with you on the MEAT team!! You are sweet to worry about me. I am fine, I have just been slammed busy and not quite as chatty......
          Zenny - I can't type on my damn phone, but come think of it, since you may be dumping Bill, it might be a good time to move on in the love department!!
          K9 is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let the chattiness return........................
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

eating a Zensation Zalad from Zaxby's..:h:h:h
            just for Zennifer

sorry - I just had to do it...

Comment

oh fenny-
              Clay is going to work a construction job with his brother for a guy that I have done a lot of business with over the years.
              I have always been good to him, so he is re-paying me by keeping both my boys employed.
              They are both demo-ing the interior of houses that are to be remodeled. Perfect job for my gorillas!!

Comment

Zaxsbys rules Mama! i had taco bell cheap but yum,went to the 99 cent store trying to keep within budget but some goon was holding the line up so of course i kept putting shit in my cart,heaven help me

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yay!!! Niner's back! Can you not post from your tablet at home Niner? Is that why you don't post over the weekends? I'm glad you're feeling a bit better but if it's the same upper respiratory infection I had, I think you should defo be on antibiotics...

Your Zalad Zounds Zublime Mama! Zave Zome for me!

Today's lesson was "how to cook quinoa". It tastes pretty good and you can makes all sorts of recipes with it... I'm going to keep a cooked batch in the fridge.

I use Chia seeds Niner... like Pauly I put them in smoothies and sprinkle them on fruit and yogurt. I had blueberry yogurt made with coconut instead of cows milk last night and it was very good.

Comment

I'm due a trip to the dollar store myself.

Mama... that sounds like an ideal job for the boys!

Comment

I like quinoa Zen,i like to make an apple cinnamon one for breakfast,first time i made it though i didn't rinse it very good,it was bitter as hey!

Comment

paulywogg;1656512 wrote: I like quinoa Zen,i like to make an apple cinnamon one for breakfast,first time i made it though i didn't rinse it very good,it was bitter as hey!
                        I had a heads-up from Fenny! She sent me a recipe for it and told me to make sure I rinsed it before I cooked it. The next thing I'm going to attempt making is "The Ultimate Vegan Lentil Walnut Meatloaf"... DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA! :H Ahh yiz'll be sick of me Veggy tales in no time.

Going to grab a shower and go to meet a mate at the vegetarian restaurant. And tomorrow arvo I have to take a girlfriend to buy her her birthday present... she wants something to wear, so she comes with!!! What else... oh Cheryl has the lurgy now, hope I don't get it back from her. Bill's been good. I think he "gets it" now as he bought himself a bottle of Bacardi :yuk: last night and was openly drinking it. (That was previously a no-no because of the drunken rants.) The fact that he's doing his own thing and doesn't give a rats arse what I think means he has processed it and we're both on the same page now.

I'm sure you're all bored with the Bill saga already. I know I am so yiz must be!

Anyhoo, on that note... je suis outta here. Have a good rest of your Fridays if I don't catch youz later... X

Comment

Zenny....bitch any time. Lord knows I do enough of it.
                          Taco Bell makes me sick every time I eat it, Pauly.
                          I have no idea if I have ever had quinoa....

Comment

Gym was good. Nursing home called and dad needed some of his vitamins so we went to Costco since they were on sale. Then we went to visit him. I noticed his feet and ankles were puffy. I know he wont walk around and I bought him an ottoman and he wont use that either. So I told the nurse and she made a note for the doc to see him. I think it is lack of exercise but he doesn't want to do anything but sit and watch TV and I am not fighting him on that and they folks there try to get him out into activities but he wont have it. So be it.
                            K9 sorry you caught my crud. It was a real bugger and I still have a cough. Hope u get some meds soon so u can kick it to the curb.
                            I use chia seeds in my smoothies every morning. It does help keep me full.
                            Trainer fellow wants us to eat more protein...told him we don't eat meat...he obviously is a meat eater so this will be a challenge. May have to agree to disagree on this one.
                            Off to get a shower. back later.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Yay on the Jim Dottie!! Protein is important, but I understand.
                              Home to rest for a bit. Have to address my collapsed closet tomorrow and I am walking for the National Kidney Foundation on Sunday. No vacation for me till mid July.
                              It's all good and I appreciate my paycheck.
                              K9, what's the latest on your mom?
                              Dots, you are a good daughter. Hope my kids take care of me! (I think they will)❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Comment

Thanks mama. It is tough being an only child so I just do the best I can for him. He took care of mother and me so it is my job now to do the same. He was not by any means perfect and totally drank too much but that is in the past and he needs me now.
                                Vegging out tonight. My fav shows are on so that is my plan.
                                Plant sale tomorrow is a fund raiser for a school garden so going to get some veggies for my garden. Bought some soil at Costco so I am ready to go.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X