MWO problems log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO problems log

I sent a PM to RJ yesterday regarding problems logging on to this site, seeing all posts, etc. and the administrators were not aware that there were any problems.

Perhaps we could all log our problems here and then we'll have documentation of what is going on. It is probably best to be as specific as possible.

I had difficulty logging on ~ 20:00 GMT. I did not get the Access Denied Screen of Death but the page would not load.
    Starfish1 has posted in the Ladies on a Mission Thread (I can see it in the list) but I cannot access the post.

Anyone else?

MWO problems log

Been having major problems tonight, since early evening gmt for hours. Page hanging, error message, unable to log out etc.

Update of programme or wotnot is needed really...... Busy times is worse so it's incapable of dealing with the traffic. I've said all this before.

Comment

MWO problems log

Major problems all day - every day GMT for past 2 months.
      I wonder if loading of HUGE amount of data like Newbie's nest every time slows it down ??
      Should a new Newbie's nest be started each month for instance ?

Comment

MWO problems log

Rox,

I don't think the administrators have time to read through all the threads. I thought if we put specific documentation in one place and kept it going, they would understand the severity of the problems here. In the response to my PM, they said they had had no problems accessing the site. That has not been true for me and I know it has been even worse for many people in other parts of the world.

Thanks for adding to this! NS

Comment

MWO problems log

Satz,

I've also noticed that the "big" threads take longer to load. That might be a great idea.

NS

Comment

MWO problems log

satz123;1685315 wrote: Major problems all day - every day GMT for past 2 months.
            I wonder if loading of HUGE amount of data like Newbie's nest every time slows it down ??
            Should a new Newbie's nest be started each month for instance ?
            I've said that before too, but was told it was nonsense. By someone who knows these things
            NS, I think it was on a thread dedicated to these problems, may even have been started by you :H so it was easier for them to see it, like this one.

Comment

MWO problems log

But this time we're going to tell them about the thread and in that one, we weren't being specific about times and exactly what we experienced. It isn't enough to just say the site sux .

Comment

MWO problems log

Me neither, but like satz said, it's more noticeable with long threads.

Will be attentive to times and notices in the morning and log it here rather than kicking the dog.

Comment

MWO problems log

I had major troubles this past weekend with the site just not coming up. I go to NN many times a day and never have a problem with it loading once I get in. I have heard many other who have, tho. i was getting 'page not accessible' when I was trying to log in here. I would say it happened 5 or 6 times last weekend. Just couldn't get in at all. I know 2 people that had issues with log in credentials. Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

MWO problems log

I've had trouble off and on all day. At 7:15pm Pacific Time the page tried to load but failed and a page appears that says Database Error: the database has encountered a problems. There are some things listed to try. I was unable to access the site until 7:30pm PT.

Comment

MWO problems log

1:45 GMT forum page would not open.

2:15 GMT got this message
                      Database error
                      The database has encountered a problem.
                      Please try the following:
                      Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
                      Open the Treatment for Alcoholism | Help for Alcoholism | Medication for Alcoholism | Alcohol Treatment Program | How to Stop Drinking - My Way Out home page, then try to open another page.
                      Click the Back button to try another link.
                      The Treatment for Alcoholism | Help for Alcoholism | Medication for Alcoholism | Alcohol Treatment Program | How to Stop Drinking - My Way Out forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
                      We apologise for any inconvenience.
                      2:20 got into forum but threads would not load.

2:23 could not get back into forum; page would not load and I saw this message:
                      The webpage at https://www.mywayout.org/community/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
                      Error code: ERR_ABORTED
                      3:10 got on and posted this.

Comment

MWO problems log

Site has been total crap for the past 3 hours. Database error message then nothing. Reporting from Australia.

Comment

MWO problems log

The site has been getting slower and worse over the last 3 m9onths or so.
                          Often I can't get on for hours.
                          To-day it took me over 2 hours to get on, then screen freeze.
                          I'm no IT person, but maybe delete old info more than say 14 months old? Would this free up space?

Comment

MWO problems log

Oh yeah, I'm getting increased data base error messages too.

Comment

MWO problems log

ok to get on this morning, then 9.10am bst. it froze for 15 mins. refresh didnt work and couldnt log out.

Comment

Working...
                              X