No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fen email the tech guy....you must have something unique in settings or something that is making this happen...we need you so don't u dare think of leaving...maybe tech support will know right off.....
    I am tired and stressed so bed is coming shortly...
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey there...
      Fen - I agree - you cannot leave ... not even for a short time Try e-mailing Zack and see what he suggests. Not sure where you will find his e-mail but it is worth a try. Take a deep breath!!! I do not have any problems with this site except when I get a PM I have to read it in a space about an inch wide and two words across, reading down which is a pain, but otherwise I am fine ....

Dottie - Happy Birthday to your dad ....I think most of our parents here (that we still have) are the same age - my mum turned 85 when I was in UK. I was a tad concerned about a health issue with her when I was there and had her make an appt with her doc and she is having an EKG later this week .... Dottie, why are you feeling overwhelmed ? Not sure that I have heard you say that wine sounded good in a long time .....

MB - laughed at your cat hat - when I had chemo, one of our cats at the time used to sleep on my head - I used to think it was 'cos he thought I was cold 'cos I had no 'fur'......he never did it before that! Your new kitty sounds a real character !!

Pauly - so glad that you were busy at work. It makes the time there go so much faster doesn't it ? And yes, I do think that that industry has the reputation of being rather mean to each other at work, although where my daughter works, they all seem to get on okay.

Hey Nora .... how are you doing? I think that your docs have not wanted you to get off your meds for a long time have they? I know that you have mentioned it to them before and they say no.

Oh dear Lizann about your hubs and his head .... heads bleed so easily don't they? Is he okay now ?

Oh Reccy - going on a Saturday to the Cadbury Factory was NOT the best choice re the amount of kids there - LOL But the way they have it set up, you are sort of on your own, so it isn't too bad. And thank you for the pics of Amy - she looks so pretty !!!

Well, I am feeling somewhat better re the jet lag - I napped yesterday afternoon and then stayed up until 1/4 to 8 last night. Off into work for a couple of hours this morning and might work in the garden today when I get home. It is looking such a mess. Then I need to sit me down and try and work out what I am going to do exactly about this AL thing ...... SIGH. Of course I did drink while I was over in UK so need to talk to me and decide what is what and how I am going to approach it.....

Off to get ready for work,

Hugs to all,

Love, Sun XXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Fen- please don't leave....too many peeps are gone and I put on my big girl panties and sucked it up last week when my feelings were hurt, so you do the same ok?
        Sun -- let us know how your "me" talk goes.
        Little Beagle...scallops sound yummy!
        shower and out the door....will be bacinabit
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Fen - don't let the site format get you down, I know it's frustrating at times, but don't give up! I'm still having problems as well, and I'm also pretty tech savvy, I'll pm Zack with our concerns and let you know....stay with us and stay AF...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all....off to get ready for work but wanted to check in first. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sorry, folks. I think I'm still emotionally raw from all the rapid change in my life lately. I will email Zack and give it a shot.

Mama, when were your feelings hurt last week? Sorry I have been so out of the loop.

Sun, that cat might have been leeching the heat off your noggin!

Comment

Morning! :happy2:

Happy birthday to your dad, dotts. Sorry you are feeling stressed.

You made me laugh with your cat hat too, beloved mrs bear. I think it's great that dixie is so affectionate, but I can see how it could be a bit annoying too. Wish my moggy would show that sort of affection!

Fenny, it's not surprising if you are still a bit frazzled after the move, hopefully you won't have to go through all that again any time soon. What a pain in the bum about the microwave. Re the new site, I am not having any significant issues so far, even with a sidebar present. My laptop has Windows 7 and Firefox 33.0 on it. What do you have on yours?

Pauly, I agree with what sun said about the day going faster when you're busy. You should definitely go swimming if you enjoy it, and there are lots of health benefits to boot.

Glad you are getting over the jet lag, sunny. Let us know what you decide to do about the AL thing.

Hi abc, nora, and anyone else who happens to be around.

Happy Tuesday to all. :happy2:
                Last edited by Recluse; October 21, 2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hey all,Fen if you try and leave you know we're just gonna put Mama on your trail and stalk you til you come back so it's easier for you to just stay put! moving is alot of stress,once you get settled you'll feel better,i'm thinking of moving from my street when Brady finishes school,i've been here 9 years and the hoods taking a turn for the worse,they are renting most of the foreclosures to freakin hoodlums! my daughter(Bobbi)says i'm racist,i'm totally not,it's not color at all,it's assholes smoking/selling weed all day and just crap i don't want to deal with,i hardly ever go outside in the front,only to check my mail,oops gotta run Brady to school,be back
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Jeez,i was typing and looked at the clock and crimeny,already time for school! that is cute about the kitty,but i could see it getting annoying,it's also adorable about Sun's cat playing feline toupe,animals are so entertaining,having a high allergy week,may hafta use nasacort just to not feel dizzy at work,so sick of this,let's all have a kick-ass Tuesda

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all,
                      sun I have so much going on right now. Selling the house, all the new and changing medical insurance open enrollment crap I have to wade through for us and my dad and waiting to hear from my doc on the tests....so that is part of the overwhelming feelings....and it was not a craving I had rather a fleeting thought....
                      fen I know how u feel about too much going on....
                      mama our cats sleep with us and if they want attention they just poke us on the nose with their paws...
                      pauly that sounds like a tough neighborhood....any chance you could move out????
                      I will be back later. Off to visit dad...the nurse sent me an email that dad was up at 12:30 AM dressed and ready for breakfast....they were able to re direct him back to bed. She is on night shift a few days this week and will see if he does this every night...more to think about...
                      Just a fleeting thought...not acting on it.....
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie - good that you were just having a fleeting thought. Oh - I am going to PM you my e-mail so you can send me an invite for the Fitbit - I know that Fen will beat both of us hands down but it would be nice to have someone else to compete against - LOL. Since walking SO much in UK I am going to see about buying a treadmill now that I am not working much any more .....

I am so sorry that so much is going on for you Dottie - health stuff over here really is the pits - my daughter still hasn't sorted her health insurance out which is really worrying - she really doesn't seem to 'get it'. And so sad about your dad too ..... AND all the stuff with your house that you are trying to sell - so much going on as you said .... I laughed at your cats poking you on the nose when they want you to wake up ....

Pauly - I totally understand about ones neighbourhood going down - ours is too - I LOVE my house but the neighbourhood is slowly going down - and I hate to think we might have to move. Wonder why your allergies are playing up ?

Yes Reccy, I will let everyone know what I decide to do re the AL thing when I decide - today is not the day to talk to myself - maybe tomorrow ....LOL. I sometimes think it would be a good thing for me to be worse so that I could hit bottom .... does that make sense ? But I am NOT that bad so I do NOT hit bottom. I just keep muddling along. I know I feel better when I don't drink. Dang - okay - just as usual ... SIGH.

Fen - I have e-mailed you an invite re the Fitbit although I think you are going to kick my behind and I will regret sending you the invite. Wait until I get the treadmill - LOL. What sort do you have ? I went on Consumer reports to check them out and cannot decide ... And I am going to e-mail you anyway 'cos I think I need to.

MB - I think I need to e-mail you too. Gosh - well, I had been planning on going out in the garden - maybe I will spend some time on the computer instead. Actually my shoulder started hurting a couple of days before I went to UK and got steadily worse while I was there and I am not sure that working in the garden will be a good thing for it. I got some cream for it, in UK that I can't get here which really helps it so might give it a few days.... thing is it is so nice out today ......

Off on a tangent - when you reply, do you all have just a small box, or is it a big one ? I find it very hard as it is just about 6 lines long - keep having to go up and down to see what I have said .....any ideas on how to make that change ? I have tried hitting 'post quick reply' and reply to thread' but the same thing comes up.

Hugs to all, Sun XXX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Fen - I wonder if it could be size/resolution of your screen. I just snuck on for a second from work & the text was overlapping. I reduced it to 75% and now it looks ok (too small to read comfortably though). Anyway, just a thought.

Ok - back to work.............

K9 texted earlier and said she can't log in????????????
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sun - start typing and then go to the bottom right & hit go advanced. It opens up a bigger screen.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

trying this .... THANKS NORA !!!!!

Comment

I have that problem too Sun when i post quick reply,can't read it so i go back,then my cursor gets stuck,will go advanced if i have a long post,i'm surprised k9 is still having a hard time logging on,i did at first but as i said before i think it was just too many peeps trying at the same time,some asshole at work called me ugly cuz i told him i don't do 0 fades but the other girl who does will take him next,i told him to get the fuck out! yes i work in zee hood,little creep anyways,what is this jr high?

Comment

Working...
                                X