No announcement yet.

This week in the Army: uniforms on, shoes shined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Dreamy and Molly. Just waiting on my 2nd coffee to brew in the caffiteire sorry can't spell it lol. I also have a small expresso/cappuchino machine as I love real coffee and rarely drink instant at home. I don't like black coffee either I need milk or cream in mine. Cold and dark here still. Just fed the cats and now they have gone out.

Comment

Morning.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon army wheres everyone its very quiet today. I have to bring my cat to vet tonight as the cut over his head didn't heal so I need to see what they will do next I hope it clears soon for him and he doesn't need an op as its a bill I can't afford but if it has to be done i'll have to find a way. Hope everyone is well i'll be around later.:love:

Comment

Evening all.

Agree totally Molls -telling someone how difficult something is going to be - puts them on the back foot straight away.
          I know when I heard someone say when I first came on here- stop for 30 days - I almost freaked out.
          To ask someone to stop for 30 days when they are in the thick of it, is going to frighten people away.
          Hence the 'doin' it my way' in my signature. I had to ease my way into it.

To be honest what worked for me was seeing how EASY it seemed to have been for people on here. By just reading & posting a bit I eventually got there.
          I actually did not believe totally sober living was ever going to be possible for me - I had NEVER been in a pub EVER without drinking alcohol.
          Guess what ? it is!
          Last edited by satz123; November 26, 2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Evening just back from vet. Good news kitty is on the mend and doesn't need any more treatment. They just gave me some painkillers to stop the scratching and itching and he has to wear another collar till the it heals over. Just having a coffee and dinner is in the oven.

Comment

Evening.
              Had one of those headaches that started in the auld sinuses and spread............and I've been fecking freezing all day..........had to take to bed with my hottie bottle. Seem Ok now but very tired.

How in the name of things that are good did you keep your mouth open for 3 hours, Molls?

Poor kitty cat, Foxxxy.

I'd have run a mile every time I tried to stop if someone told me it was going to terrible.......its not so bad. Its the staying stopped that was the difficult bit. But seeing the experiences of those that went before me I realised that what ever I was feeling someone else ( it didn't matter whether they were in OZ or the US ) had gone through exactly the same as me didn't make me feel so alone.

But if someone is drinking to the point of serious withdrawals.............and that's a blooming hard one to call...........we should encourage a trip to some kind of medical help.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good points there Molly Satz and Jc. I guess reading and posting here AA and learning for others is part of my recovery odat. Can't comment too much as I haven't got there yet but some days aren't it easy but that's part of life and recovery and al makes problems worse if I just keep reminding myself of that and God knows what else.

Comment

Sometimes that's all we've got............today...........handle that.........then have another today tomorrow...............does that make any sense at all.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yes it does Jc it can get too over whelming if we start to think too far again or the never drink again phrase. As they say in AA keep it simple. Ollie the cat is ok he's eating and sleeping fine so its a matter of this bite to fully which should only take about another week or so. He doesn't have to go back again which is good.

Comment

Evening Molls,
                      They've all had the lurgy at work so I hope its not that and I'll be buggered if I get it...........I've got a few paid days and neeeeeeeeeeeeeed the money.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh sorry bout the headache Jc.

Comment

I'll milk it tomorrow............cough, cough.

Edit: settee time...........plenty biscuits and plenty of room for stragglers.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; November 26, 2014, 04:19 PM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all!

Good news about kitty, Foxy!

Hope the biscuits helped,JC. What were they?

Two weedeaters going in the garden - awful sound, and Sweetest Puppy does not like it. But really, it looks like a jungle outside. My agapanthus are so beautiful this year, growing really tall. Then SP becomes over-exuberant and slashes then down.

Agree with JC - everybody in fact - the stopping was not that bad (well, for me anyway, I think), the staying stopped, and convincing the booze brain of the benefits: that was/is the hard part. But we're all adults here, so we can't really put too thick a layer of sugar around the pill. I suppose that telling people of the benefits that await is sooooo important. But it's also something you have to discover for yourself.

Coffee's on the counter.
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

I guess it also depends on the listener: I like a challenge, so I would have powered through just to prove to myself and others that I could do it. But: I also remember how shit scared I was that I would not even make to the end of the first day, or seven days, and 30 days sounded like the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Day of bliss: not only does the air smell of cut grass, but: I have a gardener here too (apart from the weedeating men). Unemployment here is so high, yet finding a reliable gardener (never mind a good one) is again like searching at the foot of the rainbow. But my neighbour, for whom he also works, says he's good. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I suppose that we all have to find the road that leads us to where we want to be. Synthesising so many people's experience into advice for everybody is tricky. I supposed we all took what we needed and discarded the rest?

Comment

Working...
                                X