The wistful pangs elusive
    That hover in December
    So gently inconclusive:
    The floating shapes of grace
    So strong and yet so brief,
    The fleeting sweet embrace
    Of gratitude and grief.

Michael Leunig.

(Sorry, I don't know how to post the accompanying cartoon)

Excuse me .... we're over here ...

Comment

That's gorgeous Tawny. And yep here we go, into December!

Comment

Morning Undies...a pinch & a punch.
        Love the poem Tawny.
        I'm off to read what happened at the end of Nov!!
        Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by A Better Me View Post
          Morning Undies...a pinch & a punch.
          Love the poem Tawny.
          I'm off to read what happened at the end of Nov!!
          You'll never know Cakes, it was a delete-athon...

Comment

Originally posted by myhappyplace View Post
            ... it was a delete-athon...
            Yeah and that really shits me because now I can't be arsed going back to delete my replies to no-existent posts.

Have a good day everyone. I'm giving myself two more sleeps before the Blunnies go back on full-time.

Comment

And another one for summer.
              I also like number 3 ABC gastro ties

Comment

Originally posted by tawnyfrog View Post
                Yeah and that really shits me because now I can't be arsed going back to delete my replies to no-existent posts.

Have a good day everyone. I'm giving myself two more sleeps before the Blunnies go back on full-time.
                Oh no you don't!
                The blunnies will go back on PART time, then review!
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Oh no you don't!
                  The blunnies will go back on PART time, then review!
                  Yeah Tawny - what she said......Oscar agrees!
                  It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                  Mother Theresa

Comment

Sure thing Raggsy!!!!
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning lovely ones!

It is soooo nice and breezy here at postcode 2145. Loving it!!! Rolling thunder storms early this morning so Lady Dharma had to get into bed with me. Lovely way to start the day. Little bit of rain, cool breeze, little bit of heaven drums and not a care in the world. Well, you know what I mean.

Family enjoyed a get together last night to celebrate my little Grandson's 6th birthday. Probably the nicest get together we've had in a looooong time. I came away with a spring in my step. Not sure that it wasn't an almost running manoeuvre because I couldn't believe we all got along and had a few laughs. It felt like I was in a parallel universe, now that I think about it. LOL - nice night.

Preparing for year end celebrations here. We are hosting a Christmas luncheon on Thursday and next week is our end of year nosh up. I've decided we will play that Kris Kringle game at our nosh up next week, where you can reclaim a gift someone has already chosen that you covet. It's a bit of fun, and years ago when I last played it, a guy called some weird name took the gift he had chosen (a book I can't even recall the name of) and put it in his car so I couldn't claim it. I tried and tried but he wouldn't give it up! I was less than impressed.....AND I was dressed as an elf and had big green plastic green ears on (and lots of champagne under my belt) and was articulating my disgust at him not playing the game properly when my boss came over and told me I was being a bad elf. I'd forgotten I had the ears on and couldn't hear how loud I was.....my excuse anyway. A few days later the guy came and apologised and was mortified he behaved the way he did. He said he had lost sleep over it, because it was totally out of character and he just couldn't believe he got all worked up over a book. His name was Gustoff or something like that. Weirdo..... He was actually very quiet, very smart, really well dressed, single, wealthy, drove a groovy car, not unattractive, wore lovely cologne.....yep a weirdo! LOL So here's how it works. We all buy a uni-sex gift of the same $ value. The gifts are all wrapped in the same wrapping paper to help 'disguise' who bought which gift. We put all our names in a bowl and draw them one by one. Each person, as their name is drawn, selects a gift from under the tree. The gift is opened on the spot so everyone can see what it is. The next person to draw may keep the gift they choose from under the tree (or as the draw continues past the first person) a gift from the already opened gifts others have. You must relinquish the gift you have in your possession if someone else wants it. I am pretty certain that folks here are of sound mind and will cope well in the scenario.......here's hoping anyway. Rahahahaha.......

I have still NOT started my cake baking. I will endeavour to do so this very evening. Now it's cooler I am more inclined. Oscar will be delighted, he loves to lay about under my feet when I cook just in case he gets a dropping. Love that boy to bits. And my boy Dukey who is coming along so nicely. There is NOTHING in the universe like a dog's love for you. Nothing I tells yas.

Salute to Mr G.

BTW - I support the idea of baby drop boxes at hospitals or establishments. My only wish is that the child be immediately put up for adoption and NOT immersed in the state system.

I cannot believe we are in December. I recall reading somewhere that November was the month to show kindness by actually doing something for someone else. I don't think I did very well during November so on Saturday I went to my fav restaurant for coffee and paid for a coffee per day during Dec to whomever the owner chooses to give it to. That too, put a spring in my step!

Spread love liberally, everywhere, everyday..... Just like Rags's lemon butter - you gotta get a good dolop!!! Yum xx

Bridge my love, you still in your garden?

How you traveling Happs?

Cakes - how's the tribe?

Where's Aspy????

I'm doing the GCC again starting today. I have a virtual opponent who loves hair dos, shoes and classical music. She lives somewhere exotic and looks happy! I may be in trouble, but if she starts anything I'll show her MY shoe collection and put her in her place. Her name is Sarah Russo. Our goal is 12K steps per day. We start in Budapest today. Help.......

Missy - how are you tracking step wise?

Ok - that's all for now. I've tried to entertain you for a bit, and have probably succeeded in boring you to bits. So.be.it.

MWAH - have a gorgi day. Smell a rose or two why don't you!!
                      Last edited by nicelife; December 1, 2014, 07:57 PM.
                      Mother Theresa

Comment

I love you Nicey. That.is.all.

Comment

Here's where I start..........

Stage 1 - Budapest - 2/12/2014

It’s Stage 1 of GCC Sprint, a day that’ll be filled with anticipation, excitement and hopefully a Stage win over Sara. You’re about to cross some of the vastest terrain on earth, from snowy fields to desert tracks, so we hope you’ve stretched. But what better place to begin your journey than in Budapest, the city of spas?

What you may not know is that Budapest is also a city of caves. Around 200 have been discovered underneath the city itself, formed by the same springs that supply the thermal baths with their water. So once you’ve stepped your way under the city through a network of winding tunnels, we can guarantee all you’ll want is a warm, relaxing bath; a much deserved reward for your tired muscles. But for now, it’s time to slip into your thermals and get moving. With a little momentum you’re sure to stay a few steps ahead of Sara and take the Stage.
                          Mother Theresa

Comment

You know what? I've just thought about this! I kinda like Sarah and don't really want to hurt her feelings by beating her.......a di-lemma for sure!
                            Mother Theresa

Comment

Gustav.
                              Snigger.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X