• Time
  • Show
Clear All

open halo I do not know you but thank you for your sweet words
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama - Love you!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back later. I wish that I had read this earlier. WE are going to do this sweetie. (((((((((((Mama))))))))))
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mama Bear, I have felt exactly how you are feeling right now soooooooooo many times, I am back on MWO trying to leave AL behind me. Wishing you the absolute best and happy holidays. Remember a new day is a new beginning :hug:

Comment

:heartbeat:Nursie it is so great to see you! And your post was so right on.

Mama :hug: Ben there so many times...have a closet full of shirts to prove it..

Hi Nora , you sound better. I hate dishes that's why I had children.

Dots, your puppy is adorable!

Pauly you sound really good and happy. :thumbsup:

Where's K9 and yes where Is Fen? Though I should be talkin..I've disappeared quite a bit lately.

Long weird night last night. Hubs played his first gig with the new band. It was great. My girlfriend ( yes that girl friend for those who reember all that drama) came with her hubs...it was...beyond eye opening. She wanted our old drunken life back... I could tell. I had one beer. I could see how uncomfortable she was so... Anyway, there's a lot more to this story but to sum up... all those romantic little notions I had of the glory days turned in to the cold hard reality of the gory days.... I still love her. I do. But she's a mess and all I want to do is keep is keep it easy breezy lemon Squeezy...

Home after three hard days of family performances. Very tired but the SeaHawks kicked butt tonight so all is well.
          Sleep tight everyone. Hugs

PS- Liz:heartbeat:
          PPS- matts back at the ranch. He sounds good. Thanks mama and K9 and everyone for your love and good wishes. I need the support.
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Morning loves.....
            I think we are losing family members, but we will carry on.....off to work and thanks fpr the support. I have been doing a lot of praying this weekend and I truly believe God is looking out for me

Comment

Aww mama, been there more times than I care to admit. Had a rough weekend and drank a lot. Apparently I fed the dog twice. I too am ashamed and embarrassed. It Ll started with the I'll have just one glass off wine. Feeling very anxious today. I am glad that you are determined. I'm just so wishy washy. I will feed off of your strength, you go girl. Moderating isn't likely an option for me either. Off I go with my head down and my tail between my legs. Happy Monday my loves. I am so glad that you are all here with me!

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((Mama))))))))))))))))))))

Tree & Halo - so great to see you here. I have been missing but keep sneaking on & stalking. I'll get out of this weird mood.

Kradle - sorry about the weirdness. Looks like you are seeing the real picture now of who she is. (((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Love & hugs to everyone. I'm at work and can't post properly. Thinking of you all and sending good wishes, happy thoughts. :heartbeat:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just read back. I think I will join the "tail between my legs" gang too. Had Sierra over the weekend but she was so busy with all her friends that it was like she wasn't even there...so of course I caved. I really hope she didn't notice, but I am sure she did...so I feel doubly sad and ashamed. We didn't even do much together, not like I'd hoped. Friday night she had her "boyfriend" over but they just hung out on the laptop in the other room. Then Saturday she left at 3:30pm for a party and got home at 11:00. Sunday I was so sad about her leaving that I was crying and ended up taking her home at 12:30 because I knew that dragging it out would just be harder on both of us. I asked her about coming back for another visit soon and she didn't seem too keen on it. I am just hating myself right now. I know everyone is having their issues so I am sorry to be talking all about "ME". Will post later when I am not so weepy. Love you all :sad:
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

awwwwwwww....big group hug........I'll talk more when Bri isn't hovering

Comment

ok peeps...it's time to get our shit together....I have been to the doctor this morning.......got a wee tune up...trying some new- non narcotic sleep meds...weaning off anything narcotic and I am determined to be serious about AL....
                      who wants to join me???

Comment

Sounds like a plan!!!!!!!!!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yes it sounds great, but I feel so down on myself lately. After my weekend visit with Sierra it seems like it will never be the "same"...I guess it happens but I just wasn't ready for it. I have a doc appt on the 26th, I may try Campral again for the cravings. In the meantime, how do I deal with my long boring nights? Netflix and reading can only go so far. And I sound like a big crybaby. And I am not feeling the gym at this point, or any social activities. I used to be okay in my own skin...now I'm not.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Funny my peeps we hate this s.ob.so much!! wanted too say along time ago we are considererd the thread who says theiy're gonna stop,never doand constantlqy modding? Does not do us any good,it's up to us!! too not look like dicks anymore
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I just want to give a big hug to all of you who are struggling. I know it is hard, especially at this time of year, to fight this battle. What I do know, just from my own experience, is that the depression and anxiety I went thru mainly was a by product of my drinking. Becoming sober did not magically make everything ok. What happened though is that I found out I could deal with life's ups and downs on my terms. Believe me, I never, ever, ever, ever thought I could do that when I was drinking. I found some kind of inner strength that I didn't even know I had.

But, everyone is not the same and our struggles are different. All I can say is that alcohol does not help in anyway. That I do know for sure.

K9, I am so sorry you are having a hard time right now. Couch potato is my middle name so I get that. But when I quit drinking I had to do something, anything to pass the time. So I cooked and cooked and cooked til I was exhausted. I ended up throwing away a ton of leftovers (cost me about the same as the liquor I wasn't drinking so I didn't think of it as a waste of money at that moment). You know you have to do something different to break the routine. How about knitting or painting?

Mama, I hope that Mr Bear can understand what you need to do and be supportive as far as not drinking around you or encouraging you to drink. I know my reason for quitting was a VERY embarrassing episode my last big night of alcohol. I quit for good a week later (tapered for 7 days).

I will write more later, have to get back to work. But I wanted you all to know I care and want to be supportive in your journey.
                              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

My lazy day turned into a lazy shopping day. We found some used dumbbells and looked at a home gym. Just looking at options. I don't want to renew my personal trainer because it is just so expensive.
                                I got a groupon for dance lessons and we start that Wednesday. I think that will be a good cardio option for us.
                                Didn't get the laundry done but I don't care. It will still be there tomorrow or the next day. Still have clean underwear so we are OK....
                                TV is not great this time of the year so may try to find something on line to watch.
                                Huggs to all who are struggling. I so understand and have been on the fence too. This time of year just makes it so hard. I want to skip from Halloween to January then I would be OK...
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X