No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora - it's easy to be ugly in writing.....unless someone comes to our spot..this thread...and attack us personally....I ignore it. I really don't skim too much unless someone appears to be suffering and needs some positive support.
    I totally understand worrying what others say about us. I sat some key team members down and told them about my insomnia and anxiety issues and that the doc was switching up my meds and I wanted them to understand if I seemed spacey or forgetful. I was so worried what they might think if I acted odd. They were very supportive and understood. Everyone, and I mean , EVERYONE is fighting some type of demon.
    Pauly - that crud is bad, bad, bad. I am glad you are still here with us...you crack me up, too.
    K9 - you will like Perky Blinders. My son had even hard about it and we are both watching it.
    Kradle, I am taking notes about oils and may do some research.
    Enjoy your dance class Dots!!! What a nice way to spend the afternoon. Hope your dad is well.
    Off to a conference call
    boohiss...
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama,just out of curiosity what did the doc put you on for insomnia?feel free to p.m me if you're not comfortable posting it here,i am having a miserable time with sleep! was up a 1 a.m on,finally felt tired at 5, was dozing for a bit but had to get Brady up at 6! jumped in the shower,washed my hair,pu clothes on then told hubs,uh-huh no way am i going in,it totally pisses him off cuz he'd deag his ass to work with a leg missing! skipping work is a no no to him,off to try to rest this bod,hate the holidays cuz it's too much mind stress! oh forgot to tell Little Bobbi flies in tomorrow,yay,must get better by then
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - I sure hope you feel better. Just ignore hubby! :heartbeat:
        PS - so glad that Bobbie is coming in.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly, I am glad to share. I had been taking Klonopin (like Xanax) for anxiety for years. I was upping my dose b/c it wasn't working as well and I had built up tolerance. Iam now taking a low dose of Seroquil for sleep, but I am adjusting to the absence of narcotics in my system and the new drug. SO I feel groggy and anxious, if that makes sense. My doc said I should be fine in about ten days, but right now, for instance, I feel like I could jump out of my skin due to withdrawals.
          Overall, I am fine, but I am really feeling it. It's yucky, and I am having to keep my cool and do deep breathing.

Comment

Sorry you're so jumpy and anxious right now Mama, I KNOW that feeling and it's horrible....hopefully things will settle down soon. I still take Librium for anxiety although I think my real doc is going to cut me off.

I'm glad to see you Pauly! Sorry you feel so bad. I was out yesterday due to sinus issues too! Hope you feel better soon. And YAY that Bobbi is coming!

Do you guys think 10lbs of mashed potatoes is too much for 23 people? I am dreading all the peeling so I'm hoping you guys say "Yes that is WAY too much!" LOL
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I meant to say good news about Bobbi coming home!!
              K9 - I hope you don't get cut off from your meds, but this was a decision Bret and I made as I was needing more and more.
              Sorry, but I think 10 pounds of potatoes is about right. Use fake ones. Nana does and they are great!

Comment

Dance class was great. We are very rusty but did pretty well...we have 3 more private lessons...and some group ones too so this should be good and I hope dh wants to continue...
                Dad was confused as usual but looked good...at least he still remembers me...that is a good thing.
                Get my laptop back tomorrow I hope.. This one is a pain in the arse....no office software so cant do much....webmail and talk to u all so guess I dont need much more...
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

K9, just boil the pototoes first,let them sit the run them under cold water,i used to do instant but real ones taste better,gosh i don't want to be sick when L.B(nickname)comes! cripes,ive drank 6 liters of water,a gatorade,put oatmeal in me,took vitamins,i still feel crap! had to go to the post office to get a package,cook dinner(corn dogs and curly fries)even that was hard,oh poop hope i feel amazing tomorrow,Mama is it safe to cold turkey off klonopin?i guess the doc knows best,love to all

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Dots,dance class sounds funi need to get something like that in my life

Comment

Pauly I'll say it again...ac vinegar, honey, one clove crushed garlic, boiling water, every morning before anything else...I swear it will knock it right out!!

Mama, sorry for the anxiety...Yoga??
                      10 lbs sounds perfect k9.and now you can stay busy for a night peeling potatoes! Excellent plan!

Dots, the girls dance school has ballroom dancing for the kids and for us...I often think of taking it.
                      Off to walk kuna before it gets dark at 430...yuk
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

pauly I took dance lessons when I was single. that is where I met dh....
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

dance class sounds fun! I am glad your daddy remembers you. Pop knew us at the end, and it was a bit of a comfort
                          Pauly, I am weaning off the klonopin, thus the anxiety. I think I'll do over the next two weeks. Not sure, but I go back to doc on Monday.
                          Just spent 30 minutes fighting with an undefrosted chicken, but hubs and I won. YAY!
                          Not quite so Zombie like today, but I just my nightly dose.
                          Hubs said everyone was hung over at work this morning......don't know why that made me chuckle.
                          off to finish dinner prep

Comment

Ok Mama you're gonna laugh at this one. I was looking up the show you recommended and I typed in Perky Blenders. I finally figured out it's Peaky Blinders. But apparently there IS such a thing as a Perky Blender, and it got some good reviews from Walmart. LOL
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Pauly, you poor thing, feel better! Am I the only one that hasn't been sick?

Mama, good luck transitioning. Are you able to sleep with the new med?

K9, I think ten pounds would be enough as well. My kids like me to make breaded potato patties with the leftovers. So you can never have enough!

Nora, you are sounding better these days. I hope that is the case!

I miss zen and fen too! I generally don't read the other forums, so have not been privy to any negative comments. That's why I like it here!

Ok have been having pain in my thumb, of all things for the past couple of months. It's actually gotten pretty bad. It's begun to effect my writing now. Guess I'll be going to the doctor for this. Carpal tunnel?

I kept it classy here today. Love you all.

Comment

Liz - how do you make breaded potato patties? That sounds wonderful! I have made potato tacos before that are very good but they get very greasy.

Dots - I would love to take dancing but I have two left feet. LMAO If I walk thru a room, a piece of furniture is going to jump out at me. Without a doubt. I am looking forward to yoga next month though. It will be nice - my girlfriend is going to do it with hubs & me.....she kept saying that she didn't want to intrude. Hubby adores her - she is a great friend and it's a class of probably 30 people. So, I finally talked her into doing it with me.

Mama - glad that you won with the chicken. I keep telling you to go veggie, then you wouldn't have to fight these animals. ROTFL

Liz - sorry about the thumb. I've had different aches flair up really bad and then just disappear. Weird. I hope it is the same with your thumb.

Ok - I MUST run. I'm trying to look at bills, plan Christmas presents, plan mailing them and getting them delivered on time. Basically, freaking out. :buried: So, it is time to actually address the issues instead of drinking them away.

I'll try to be back.........I miss everyone too. Where are Red & Tree & everyone else?????
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X