No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red, she took me off the Klonopin almost cold turkey. I am allowed to take 1/4 of what I used to. I am still on the Paxil. She added Seroquel for sleep. Yesterday, I felt so awful, I took a wee bite of the Klonopin and within 30 minutes I felt better and was able to go the party.
    I am going to BEG her to do something else on Monday. I have to be able to function and I am not doing so great.
    Thanks for your thoughts about my birth mother.
    Trying to hang in there....I thought about going to the ER this morning, but I didn't.
    Bleah..... I had NO idea this would be so bad. When I am well, I swear I am not even taking an aspirin.
    Love and hugs to all.....sorry I have so whiney the past week.
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well so much for staying in today...we went to the farmers market and bought some goodies then to the Frontgate outlet and found an area rug for the family room....It was 75% off so I just had to have it. No laundry and I dont care...
      Church tomorrow then a little Christmas party at dads nursing home. I bought some candy for the staff to share...they really are great with him and so much better than the last place he was.
      mama I cant imagine the trouble u are having with the meds....I HATE taking anything....so far so good on that. Hope you feel better and back to normal soon.
      Where is everyone?????
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

thx Dottie!! this has not been pleasant but I will persevere....
        I am here.....this is my life line. K9 tends to disappear on the weekends, I think we have lost Zen, Reccie , Sun and Fen.....
        I am glad you are going to see you Dad today....when we lost Pop I developed a profound appreciation for health care workers.
        need to finish the tree...I insist that we all do it together and it's hard to have to get the boys together at the same time.................

Comment

Morning all,
          Off to church....
          I hate that we have lost folks....why do they leave???? They added so much to the group....sigh....
          Back later.
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Happy Christmas tree decorating mama.

Dotts, hope you have a wonderful visit with your dad.

Hope everyone has a truly happy Sunday. I have finished all my shopping and wrapping so I am just really enjoying the build up to Christmas.

See you all later.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I still don't understand why Fenny and sunny have left. I have followed this thread for a long time and it's sad to see them leave.
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hey all. Sorry that I haven't posted.I've been crazy busy but I wrapped everything yesterday so I think I'm done ?????

Today is my hubby's 60th birthday. So, I'm trying to make this a good day for him.

Red, I will tell Fen what you said. I need to call sunny too. I've Just been so busy.

I'll be back once I turn my computer on. So hard to type on this Kindle.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all new phone so post will be weird and quick Mama I am on klono and it acts on the same receptor as al so imagine if you were a heavy drinker for years and quit quick it would be the same withdrawal only harsher I've read and felt she needs to taper you way slower! Hello all back later when I get the hang of this really big phone haha
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning everyone. :heartbeat:

I don't really know what to say about people leaving....I had no idea Sun had left... Whe I duck out its usually overload or depression or busy busy busy time...so... I don't know.

Mama you got me thinking the other day about drinking and meds.. I know I'm bipolar and am on Lamictol ...but while the lamictol mitigates the really rough symptoms for me, there's no question that there are days when the underlying condition is just unbearable and then I drink....perhaps this is what happened for you the other night??? You were doing well until the dr. Started changing meds... I think. Anyway, I just got to thinking about why I relapse and the pattern is the same every time - isome days are simply tortuous not with cravings but with the deeper issue of the bipolar....I think I will bring this up with Dr. graham. I don't want to be on that see saw forever. And I could be...definitely .....

Anyway, nice to see you Nora and happy birthday to Scott! My hubs will be 60 in May..sounds almost surreal to say that....
                    FT. So glad you are having a great Christmas!! I love this time of year - I embrace all the festivities and warmth., and I'm. Buddhist! I know people complain about the commercial overload but humanity is huge and complex and really I think most people can just look at all the Walmartiness of it all with detachment ... Sorry I soap boxed there for a minute!!

Just got off the phone with Matt. He's so home sick. He did have a rough time adjusting again to the ranch but he says he's much better now...settled back in so to speak. I sent him a memory foam mattress topper for his birthday as a surprise. He tells me how awful the mattresses are in the bunks so I hope this helps.... I also had everyone we know send him birthday cards ... I bought him a birthday gift yesterday ...couldn't resit. God I miss him....

Ok the girls are up demanding food...geez...love you all.happy Sunday :hug:
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

There is no doubt for me either Kradle, that there were days I would drink cause I felt so darn bad. In hindsight...those days were NOTHING like this week has been, so at maybe I can put it in perspective...
                      I was shopping today and talked to a pharmacist and she could not believe what I was told by my doc...
                      I am armed for my visit tomorrow!!!
                      The tree is finished and presents are in place. All I have to do now is worry about food and hide money around the house for the boys to find on Christmas morning. I made a sweet photo collage of the boys when they were little with Pop and Nana. This will be one of her gifts.
                      Got a lot done...feeling good.
                      Dots, I guess people get bored, hate conflict.....I dunno. I hate it when people leave too. I have known Fen and Sun since the day I joined......

Comment

I think Sunni is in UK atm? I remember her getting ready but wasn't sure when,what did the pharmacist say Mama?
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Had a great visit with dad...they had a trio playing music and the residents were singing along....he was very confused as usual but nothing I can do about that..
                          Back to the gym tomorrow. I think I have gained 10 pounds this holiday season....has anyone done a juice fast??? Just wondering.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
                            Dots, I guess people get bored, hate conflict.....I dunno. I hate it when people leave too. I have known Fen and Sun since the day I joined......
                            Okay - I am going to try to explain why I have left ..... it is nothing to do with boredom or conflict - although I do hate it when folk start arguing - it makes my tummy go funny ....

I need to get my head in line to try and explain ..... you ALL here are great! Please do not think it is anything that any of you have done that has made me leave - it isn't. BUT, I have been on this site for so long - and I never seem to get any better - recently I have noticed a difference with my attitude towards AL - and towards drinking. the thing is that much as all of you are wonderful, no-one here REALLY wants to talk about AL. It is a great thread for a social one but I need more than that - I am as much to blame as any one else here in that we all just seem to go on and never really address it - but it doesn't do me any good. The purpose of this site was for me and the AL - much as I love you all here, it is not helping .... so I have decided that I need to stop posting here - I was, for a long time, just posting on the Topa thread because of bad feelings on this site about me drinking TWO drinks a day and then giving advice about drinking - so I did stop posting in general. I will probably still post on the Topa thread and if none of you mind will pop in here now and then .....if you do not want me to, I am fine with that too .....

Love and hugs, Sun XXX
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sunni - I really, really hope that you will stay posting here. I/we do want to post about the AL here. I need to be able to talk about it here. Maybe that is why I have gone in a hermit mode myself.......
                              You are a good friend and I think you understand. I am sorry that you think that you can not be yourself here. That is what we need on this thread. People that are honest on where they are on this journey and offering friendship and support to everyone else on this journey.........even to those of us (me) that seem to be stuck at the side of the road or in a ditch.......
                              This thread was supposed to be the place that people at all different places on this road could come together and be supportive to all.........
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sunny please check in on us. If you read back a little you will see we do talk about al here. Recently there were some slip ups. I understand what you are saying. You need to do whatever you need to do. I will miss you here.

Comment

Working...
                                X