Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all,
    The sun is out but it is bitter cold..bbbbrrrrrrr
    Need to pick up meds for dad and deliver, will have a short visit too.
    Dance lesson later today.
    We spent most of yesterday afternoon re-arranging the furniture in the basement. I want to exercise there and so we needed to make some clear space in the middle of the room. We have paid for the trainer until mid March so after that we will do something else. Too expensive and we cant afford dance lessons and a trainer too.
    Hope to hear from K9 today...
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Here I am!!! Dots is right, I am pretty exhausted. LOL
      You guys know I usually go under the grid when I'm not working, and yesterday I took a "holiday" so I could spend time with my "friend" We actually had a really good day...he is TOTALLY a morning person and I am NOT...that's my biggest complaint so far. He's like a freakin' leprechaun singing and dancing in the morning. Good grief. LOL
      But seriously, it's been good to see him again. We went and visited some other old friends from high school (they've been together since HS). Well this particular couple went through some very tough times involving drugs and jail time...but they've put that all behind them now and the husband is actually a drug/alcohol counselor now. They are throwing us a BBQ tonight so I was thinking I could get some tips from him. They are all about sobriety now. It's just been nice to get off the couch and get out...or when I was on the couch, not being alone!
      I do however have muscles and joints that haven't ached like this in years. LOL
      Will check back in with you all later, I need a little nap. HA
      Love you guys.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - anyone takes this for what it does or doesn't mean to you personally.....I think your Higher Power has his eye on you......and is putting things in your path that you need right now!!!!!! That makes me so happy............
        I am feeling so much better, but is super noisy in the office right now and it makes me want to punch someone............grrrrrrrrr
        And everywhere I look there are stupid people!!
        "I can't pay my rent ......."
        "the neighbor is not nice........ and spits on me" (I swear I am not kidding)
        blah, blah......
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I hate it when my neighbors spit on me!!! LOL

Comment

K9 I am really glad you are having a good time!!!!
            You deserve some time for yourself.

Gotta get dh moving or we will never get the errands completed...he can be a real slug at times....but he is my slug...
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

gotta love your own slug!!! so sweet!!
              yep....the neighbor spit on him and threw a grocery cart over the balcony...to be fair the upstairs neighbor is what we call a "slow baby"
              it's cray cray today......

Comment

Mama - Sounds like you have some top-notch tenants! LOL

Thanks Dots - I am having fun...we'll see where it goes...

So my latest issue (because I always have one), the lady that I replaced at work is really pushing this condo/duplex on me. What if I don't like it, or what if I just don't want to move? It only has a carport and I'm used to a garage. I know beggars can't be choosers but I want to be HAPPY where I live....guess I'll look at it, but I don't know if I'll have the heart to tell her if I don't want it, she's kinda convinced the owner that although my credit is bad, I am not a risk...

Comment

don't let her push you into something you don't want....
                  maybe tell her that you'll be happy to look at it but you have very specific needs and will really want to think on it???
                  You appreciate her being so concerned for you, but you need some time, especially with the holidays, etc

Comment

Good advice Mama, she is like a bulldozer, you have to stand up to her sometimes. I'm willing to look, but that's all I can promise right now.
                    So tonight we were supposed to have that BBQ, but we decided to have a chill night at home, my new checkers partner is making us spaghetti (he loves to cook AND clean) and we're just gonna watch a movie (no drinking! We both agree on that one....) He is a little OCD so I told him to go ahead and take that out on the house, clean up whatever. LOL

Comment

Awesome sauce K9!! Enjoy and tell us about him. Looks ( Joaquin or Jax?), hobbies, work, etc.....if you are comfortable with that, of course!!

Comment

and since you are playing checkers, he is the King and you are now Queen??:applouse:

Comment

I'll see if I have a picture I can put up. Definitely NOT Joaquin....Jax-ish...kinda...? LOL
                          This morning he got up 1/2 hour before me so he wouldn't be in my way. He's very nice and outgoing to strangers, which is a good sign. And fiercly protective of people he loves. His one bad habit (besides smoking, but who am I to talk) is that he cusses too much but I have already told him to knock it off and he said OK. LOL I just hope that between the two of us we can kick this AL thing, we're both kinda weak, like I doubt I'd tell him no and I know he wouldn't tell me no...so we both gotta want this.

Comment

We'll see if that worked.
                            Attached Files

Comment

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              good luck with the AL.......hubs keeps me good during the week, but Friday and Saturday not so much. I have to want it too....
                              I congratulate long term sobriety anniversaries here, but I don't say much else cause I feel like a hypocrite.....

Comment

He's totally down for quitting...so hopefully it will make it easier for me. Besides, now we have other ways to fill the evenings. I forgot how about the day after aches and pains of checkers. LOL I have to admit that last night and the night before we were not good about the AL...but it was his idea that tonight we cook dinner, build a fire, rent a movie and "cuddle" and he definitely said NO al. Fine by me!

Are we the only people here today Mama? I have a feeling the rest of our group is out spitting on their neighbors! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X