Upstanding Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamThinkDo View Post
    A thorny one, Satzyguin, isn't it? You know both the pain and the elation of drinking, the hard work that goes into quitting and the elation that comes afterwards. Mix in the fact that he's your son and that you love him - I don't really know what you're going through at the moment, but I can make a good guess. But, just as you had to make the decision to stop, so does he - forcing him will probably make him only more resistant and also resentful. Do you think he'll go for counselling, if only to really get him to think about his drinking and the consequences if he doesn't stop? He has to want to help himself first. Sending you loads of hugs.

And to you too, Molly.
    Thanks Dreams :hug:

Comment

evening

not what you were expecting can be a let down but, i would say that by having a 'practice run' by way of stitches is a good thing! wait and see, and deal with it in a few months. dont forget, you can ask for another opinion and research is available now (wiki is not your friend).

satz, you are in a tough position. if your son is fitness minded thats a good path to go down. if he is the slightest bit competitive, use that to keep him going if you can.

Comment

Evening lovelinesses, gorgeousnesses and all round jolly nice people.

Howzabout a group hug.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
          I think the training would be a brilliant idea --- once he gets the bug of that -- no way could he indulge the way he had been...... it'll give him a kick start... and yeah --- the 'cure' --- I used to boast that I didn't get hangovers --- no wonder -- there was no time to get one.......

yes -- of course he knows best --- and if what he's done now works -- then he knows the big op will work --- but I was very upset ---- I'd built myself up to being fixed..... and the thought of having to medicate forever is just horrible --- but so be it..... I'm okay now --- moved on to the next catastrophe --- the boiler is acting up as is the house alarm --- latherin jaysus!
          NOT gonna moan anymore --- I'm working tomorrow then off for 3 weeks which is WUNNERFUL!!!! How's everyone else ? and thanks for the kind words Foxy and Dreamy and all xx
          Sorry Molls but that made me laugh out loud :hahaha:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Evening lovelinesses, gorgeousnesses and all round jolly nice people.

Howzabout a group hug.

That's us - a load of fat birds weighing down the wire :harhar:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              That's us - a load of fat birds weighing down the wire :harhar:
              Who you calling fat...............I'm just big boned.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all! not been up here for a day or two but reading downstairs, the keyboard on the laptop is banjaxed and only works when it feels like it. Horrible day, didn't get the job I had the interview for, brilliant interview (apparently - that was the feedback) but I made a bit of a cock up in the test. Not happy particularly when I was told they left one post vacant so I am invited to apply again, big question is can I put up with the stress of losing one month in three of my life as I stumble through the recruitment process which changes every time.

Hope you've all had a better day than me and are full of Christmas joy, not done a thing but have beautifully clean carpets as the old man spent all day with the Rug Doctor
                AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Evening all. Sorry you didn't get the job silvy may be its just not to be this time around. May be something better will turn up or else if you're up to reapplying in the new year if its not too stressful. Have a nice relaxing evening. Raining heavy since late afternoon and not much on tv do far so I got in to bed early with a book.

Comment

Morning all!

Sorry about the job, Sylv - but good news they're "keeping it open" for you. And if the job is really worth it, jump through the hoops again - short-term misery vs. long-term happiness sounds like a winner to me!

At this rate Molly you'll have a brand-new house in no time, without the hassle of moving. Wish I could have time off - enjoy!
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Lovely story: http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...thout-him-home
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

OK - I confess ... I'm a Dreamy stalker ... and so happy right now to be such. That piece is absoflutely beautiful. Wonderful writing. Thank you.

Good morning, lovely Army folk. May your day be filled with goodstuff.

Comment

Morning army !!
                          Lovely - Thanks Dreams :hug:
                          Originally posted by tawnyfrog View Post
                          OK - I confess ... I'm a Dreamy stalker ... and so happy right now to be such. That piece is absoflutely beautiful. Wonderful writing. Thank you.

Good morning, lovely Army folk. May your day be filled with goodstuff.
                          :upsidedown: Froglet !

Comment

Morning folks - thanks, its not so much the job I want but really could do with cash; I shall keep on til I get what I want, I normally do in the end. Miserable day here in Derbyshire and a 5pm finish, yuk.

Have a good 'un everybody
                            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Sorry to hear about the job situation Spidey what a bummer-The loss is theirs.
                              Hope the hysterectomy/ bladder repair gets sorted Molly I had all that done at 50 and have never looked back so I hope you get it resolved ASAP.
                              Satz reading back about your son and his drinking it is sounds such a difficult and painful situation for you. I cannot bear it when my kids are in trouble and feel unable to help.
                              Hello to Foxy,Dreamy and JC et al!!

Comment

Morning lovelies................hairdresser due any minute..........not be long.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X