G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Mr.G:heartbeat: Good for you for NEVER giving up!:love: I have taken Antabuse several times...in fact, I still have a supply in case I feel wobbly one day. Here is what I would recommend based on my own experience: do NOT take it until you have been AF for a full 48 hrs. Start out with a very low dose to see how your system handles it. I always took it in the morning because then the thought of drinking was totally of the question. Please let us know how you're doing. :love:

Comment

Thanks Rusty. Got the script from doc, but now i find antabuse has been recalled and not for sale currently here. Some kind of problem. So i can't get it. Might try online. Hope all's good there Rustylocks.

How are you Techie?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Friday morning at the beach pad. Sunny and 18C forecast today. Probably like 12c in the bay. Will def be going in for a dip though. Easy day here today. Take care out there pilgrims.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Antabuse ordered online. 14-21 days delivery from India. 30 x 250mg tabs for $50 AUD + $14 delivery. I'm thinking half a tab per day, or every 2nd day. Well, let's hope it's kosher without any silly additives. Either way, as long as there are none or extremely minimal side effects i'll go for it. I could just as well receive effervescent generic aspirin and it would still do the job, cause i ain't drinking on the stuff whatever they send me. Now, to hold out till then? yep, reckon i will ma'am.
          Last edited by Guitarista; May 12, 2017, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Whatever it takes Mr G, good on ya for never ever giving up.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks Tabbers. Hope all's good there mate.

Comment

Top of the sunday morning from a cool crisp with patches of sun beach pad.

Happy mothers day to all the mum's here! You all do amazing work, not to mention giving up the booze too. Absolute legends.

Off to take me mum out to lunch soon. First, a run on the beach. take it easy.

Comment

Good to see you, G-Man.
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hiya G-Man. I must say, I greatly admire your determination. Good news on the Antabuse. As KTAB said - whatever it takes. :goodjob:
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi Stirly whirly! Thank you my friend.

Yo Techie!

A grey and cool tuesday morning at the beach pad. But it is not grey in my heart. It is warm with sunny patches. Having an optimistic week here laced with lashings of hope. Doing the ground work now, just putting one foot in front of the other. That is enough for me today.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of the thursday morning to y'all.

A little clogged up here with slight flu, but it's moving on slowly. Good to be living sober.

Edit: Good reading here. Thanks Abcowboy.

Take it easy out there.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; May 17, 2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Top of the friday morning to y'all from down here at the beach pad.

It's been pussy central here this week. No, not cause i'm getting my leg over, but because a young family of stray cats, mumma and 2 kittens (looks like they were dumped at the creek near my workplace) have been found and taken to the vet for a check up and probably adoption. Not sure the kittens would've survived long out there in this colder weather. They're all cuties so hope they find a home.

Still waiting for antabuse in the mail. See if it gets into the country! A week or 2 away yet. Fairly smooth sailing right now though. In work this weekend. Gotta pay the bills.

Take it easy.

Comment

Oh that's so sad about the cat and kittens G. I hope they find good homes.
                            Good luck getting the Antabuse. As I've said to others here, I really admire your tenacity. It takes courage to keep persisting and you just keep on keeping on. :hug:
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

G'day Glassie! How are ya? You're too kind!

I reckon the cat's will be ok. They're all cute, but i wish them safe passage and luck.

Dunno about courage, but for me i'm actually never far from giving up and just going bush somewhere strumming a guitar and err yes, boozing. But i may be getting it through my thick head that geez, life is short and this aint no dress rehearsal. The curtain is well and truly up. So it seems a bit of a waste to just booze it away in a mindless state most of the time. Done plenty of that already and it turns out there's nothing too special about it.

There are people to meet, places to go......:llama:

Comment

I know the feeling G. I'm never far from taking my trusty old Fender F25 and heading to that scenario myself.

But yeah, we just have to keep on :llama: on.
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X