G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Nice to read about romance. No rush and who knows. Take care Mr G.

Comment

Romance saved me from complete destruction 5 or 6 years ago. Unfortunately, it did not last and my struggles put hardship on the relationship. Though I believe she cheated, although she claims not to have. When is it actually cheating (sexual, emotional). I have done many things in the past decade and slipped a couple times (alc wise, not cheating) and after losing a job relapsed hard. I think that the worst was leaving for a month to rehab where she thought I would cheat and I am the most loyal man on the planet. I still can't even have an emotional relationship with a woman (or man if thats your thing). My fear was that she would. And in fact that happened. I am still alive. Romance is risky if you are freshly clean because codependency can really mess with you. Replace one thing in life for another. It's pretty hard to separate at the start. But I think honestly. I was filling a blank in my life having a lack of love by using alcohol. Love changed me from 40oz to 10oz and then 0. She might say "I thought we could save you from alcoholism". But that precident is way to high to put on a relationship. Thats some hardcore blame when most alcoholics are just trying to balance and not blackout. Just be warry of the 13th steppers if you know what that is.

Glad you can separate the two. Holding someone in your addiction is hardcore and not nice. So think of yourself first (It sounds like such bullshit when you first hear it). Turns out alcohol makes oxytocin, which is a love hormone so it all makes sense.

I am still full fledged in love with the woman it took me years to find. I love her to death and its a year almost. She was sober, completely like a virgin. I found it compelling but it ended up as a curse. I learned to hide things which was the first time in my life I started to hide alcohol. Its profound to understand that. Its interpreted as a lie. It is but its not lying about who you are. Its shame.
      Last edited by empyr3al; June 26, 2017, 06:04 PM.
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Empyr. Thanks for your post.

Yep, i can seperate the two. This woman may well end up being a positive influence on my life, she is now, but only i can save me from myself. I actually put my trust in the Universe or destiny whatever we call it. I can't afford to worry what another is feeling or doing or i'll go crazy. I can't control that stuff so i'm just turning up as long as she is saying yes. For me, The enemy is within. Shame and guilt. You know, they don't live here anymore.

Hope you're good there my friend. take care.
        Last edited by Guitarista; June 26, 2017, 07:07 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning from the beach pad. Day 16!

Grey and wintery weather here. Perfect for a run on the beach and a dip.

My thoughts today are with friend Ava who is nursing a sick pup.

Take it easy out there. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The best of the best of good mornings to you pilgrim.

Day 17. Aiming for some travel vaccination shots today in preparation for a short trip to Asia to have a look around and say hello to a couple of mates. If i really love it, i might look at moving over and teaching some english there and making some music. Then there's a loose plan to check out Mexico, Sth America, maybe Turkey later in the year and possibly move there. I don't seem to be in any rush at the moment though with this current, new romantic situation! Happy to go with the flow for awhile and see how things pan out. All good here at the beach pad.

Take it easy out there and give yourself some self lovin' today, K? K.

L8tr g8tr.

Comment

Hi G
              I was wondering how the plans with the new gal might affect your decision to go and do some TESL stuff. I was thinking it might actually work in well if you can somehow coordinate with her desire to also do some travel. In regards to destination if you do go ahead, I've spent a bit of time in South America in recent years and for an Aussie i think that might be an easier transition simply because the languages are more similar. (Plus I'm totally biased because i love it there).

PS - your post the other day reminded me of the old joke about the fellow who went on a date and was disappointed because he had a dozen oysters and only three of them worked. Tricky things those oysters
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                Hi G
                I was wondering how the plans with the new gal might affect your decision to go and do some TESL stuff. I was thinking it might actually work in well if you can somehow coordinate with her desire to also do some travel. In regards to destination if you do go ahead, I've spent a bit of time in South America in recent years and for an Aussie i think that might be an easier transition simply because the languages are more similar. (Plus I'm totally biased because i love it there).

PS - your post the other day reminded me of the old joke about the fellow who went on a date and was disappointed because he had a dozen oysters and only three of them worked. Tricky things those oysters
                How are you travelling Glassy?

The new gal sure has thrown a spanner in. What's more, she texted me today and said she decided she can't wait to see me and how about this saturdee night ol boy? Sufferin' Spanish sentinels! I'm delighted to the max of course. So it's ramping up a bit, but still early days. Exciting though. She wants to travel maybe work in outback Oz, me overseas, but as you alluded to, we both want to travel so maybe something could happen there. i suppose it depends on how the relationship grows. If it's unstoppable, then we'll have to work something mutually agreeable out. If it fizzles out, so be it, each on their way. But i am definitely putting my travel plans second for now while i see where this thing with her is going.

I will pick your brains about Sth America Glassy! Have a great weekend.

Comment

Top of the morning to y'all.

Farm is calm here at the beach pad. Date night tomorrow. Wow! Not even thinking about booze. I think this is a combo of hot chick forcing me to step up as a man and as my true self, and AB humming along in the background.

Day 18. Let's git it.

Comment

Good morning from the beach pad. Ok, i'm actually a few hundred metres from the beach, but in my mind, the sea is right outside my door. :llama:

Day 19 and i'm counting. Cruising along real well here. 4th Date night tonight. She is sure going with the flow and giving this a chance. i can't ask for more than that. Last date she seemed to let herself go a little more in the getting close area which was real nice. I'm totally going with the flow here too. I have no expectations and no attachment to the outcome. Surely she'll come to her senses soon! haha, but in the meantime i'm enjoying every moment. Had my travel vaccination shots yesterday, so ready for travel. Part of my purpose for travel was to shake up my life a little and find a partner. To my complete surprise, this woman has walked in the door at this time. So, because things with her are so good, i'm being flexible with travel dates for now to see where things with her go. Very early days, but happy with that for now.

Great work friend Ktab on 6 months sober!

Take care out there. Let's git it.

Comment

Day 20. just back from date 4 last night. it was brilliant as usual. We're doing it again.

take it easy out there.

Comment

Mr G - glad to hear it!
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Fantastic news, Mr. G. Go git it!!
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks Nora and Stirly whirly.

Top of the monday morning to you pilgrim.

Nora, hope you're okay there.

Good to see you Stirly. I read you're going through a bit of a life shake up at the moment. I'm thinking of you, and glad you've got the army thread for support along with me too.

Day freakin 21! Alright!

Romance waffle alert. - I gotta say, the 4th date was pretty incredible. We're really digging each other. On again for date # 5 later this week. Holy catholic confessions! She's coming to see my band with some friends, then just us out together on a date after the gig. She's 30's, i'm 50's so some of her friends are saying.....'dude, how old is he? what if he carks it in 2 years or gets sick?! lol, but fair enough comment. Others are saying....'if you're happy go for it'. She's just enjoying herself for now date to date, which is exactly my attitude. No expectations or projections about how things may or may not be. If this ends tomorrow, man, i've had a great time.

Either way friends wherever you are at, Let's git it!
                            Last edited by Guitarista; July 2, 2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Happy for you G
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora.

Day 22! Mick has 5 years today July 4. Congratulations mate and well done. It's never ever too late to start again, so go for it if you're sitting on the sidelines hesitating.

Got some work on and interest in my little mental health music side project i've got going. Living sober allows me the energy, interest and life force of who i am to shine and get things that i love to do actually done!

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X