• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
    Buenos dias mi amigo.

Day 29 is not to be sneezed at!
    How is the Antabuse going? Are you still taking it?

Have a great day here in the beautiful wintry wonderland of Oz.
    Thanks Classy glassy. Yep, still on AB. I popped another pill this morning, so good for next couple of weeks. Minor turmoil with the new bird, but really, that's all in my head. Our next date is next week, which is 2 weeks away from last date. i was thinking.....wait a minute, c'mon girl! Surely you can fit me in at least once a week? But, she is very busy with shift work including overnighters and a challenging job, so i took some breaths and am going with the flow rather than whinge to her and likely blow the whole thing! Geez G man, chill out bro!

Day 30! Oh yeah! Hope you're good Glassy.

thanks and big waves to Mr V and Mr T. Hope you're good gentlemen.

Sunny wednesday morning here. Let's git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congratulations on 30 days sober, Gman! I'm so happy for you and hope you're enjoying the lovely sunny day.
      As far as the girl goes, it sounds like she really likes you. And I don't think it's a bad thing to move quite slowly in the beginning of a relationship, especially given your new life situation. Gives you ample time to work on your own things/your self which is so important right now. Just my 2 cents. You're rockin'!.:love:

Comment

Keep popping the pills Mr G. Don't pressure your new woman. Look after yourself and keep warm. It's bloody cold here!

Comment

Top of the thursday morning pilgrims!

Hi LC and TT. Always a delight to see either of you. Thanks for your words. I agree LC, good to move slowly given new relationship developing with someone, PLUS a new relationship developing with me. I'm very mindful not to pressure her TT, i agree that would piss anyone off. On that score, she flagged thursday (tonight) as a possible free night for her last week, but she is coming off some nightshifts, so i changed my tune/thinking which at first was .....'c'mon, i'll just leave early and u can get some sleep then' to......'hey, don't worry about thursday as potential date. Rest, relax, do ur own thing and let's leave it till next week'. I told her i was being a self centred whackyass and didn't consider her (heavy workload) situation. She texted me last night and our date is next week instead. I'm good with that after pulling my impulsive want it all now head in, and so is she. I actually thought i may've fked up by pressuring, but looks like i pulled myself up in time and all's good with her. i.e. i've slapped myself about the head a few times and chilled out. We're hanging out to see each other, but her circumstances this week mean she really needs sleep. This conversation soothed the savage beast/child within! lol.

Day 31. take care out there. Make time for some self lovin'. Let's git it.
          Last edited by Guitarista; July 12, 2017, 04:48 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

As I hear they say in your part of the world, "Good on ya" Gman for the way you handle that.
            And...belated congratulations on 30 days +1!!
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
              As I hear they say in your part of the world, "Good on ya" Gman for the way you handle that.
              And...belated congratulations on 30 days +1!!
              Thanks Marylou. How are things with you? Yep, you're command of the Aussie lingo is spot on! This romance stuff is fairly new to me and i always feel i'm on shaky ground re where things will go in the early days. Suppose that's natural and i just have to handle it and breathe hehe. I know the best thing i can do is carry on with my life, take action on my dreams, be true to myself, and just be the best man i can be each day. That's enough i reckon.

Day 32. Git it!
              Last edited by Guitarista; July 13, 2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

It's enough and the best thing and you're doing an awesome job with it, Gman!! Good on ya! :hug:

Comment

Thanks LC. You're a bewdy mate! :hug:

The best of the best of good mornings to you friends. Day 33 and all's pretty good really. New squeeze is set to ring me for a yap this weekend so looking forward to that. So far our next date is scheduled for next friday. But to be honest, who knows what the opposite sex is thinking especially where new romance is involved! lol. Must admit, there is a little narrative in the back of my head saying....'she's gonna pull the plug once she wakes up to you!' But i'm not paying too much attention to that, more enjoying our time together and the fact for some reason she is enjoying hanging out with a knucklehead (ok, handsome, talented, decent fella mainly) like me. One of the mysteries of life to be sure.

take it easy and remember to get in some self lovin' today before bed.

Work this weekend. I appreciate the job. Let's git it!

Comment

Good sunday morning to you from the beach pad.

Day 34. Let's git it!

Comment

Great G!
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hey Mr G - Congrats on day 34. (Good job on not pressuring your lady love! :heartbeat: She obviously feels something special towards you)
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora and Tech star. She does feel something for me, but i haven't worked her out yet. Not sure what her plans for me are! lol.

Working weekend over here, so gonna chill tonight. Expecting to chat with the new woman tonight maybe, so might get an indication of where she's at. Could there be a date 6? stay tuned!

Hope all are having a good weekend.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; July 16, 2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad punters!

Day freakin 35 but who, i say who the fk is countin'? I am! for now.

Had a nice yap on the dog and bone with the love interest last night. Date 6 next friday, and she even suggested we go camping sometime after i brought up the subject. Plus, she's coming to my end of month gig to see my band again, so i must deduce that she's still keen lol. I think i'm working out that she's just keeping her future options open re romance at the moment and seeing where things fall. She sure ain't rushing into anything. Fair enough too. The question for me is....am i happy to tag along for awhile to see where things go? Am i okay that i am not top priority in her life at the moment? Answer is yes for now. She's worth me feeling a bit of uncertainty about the future. I doubt i'll tag along in a state of romantic uncertainty for months on end, but worth it for now as she has a lot going on now and next month or so. Hard for an impulsive 'want it all now' addict mind to stay patient and relaxed! But perfect challenge to test my emotional life coping skills.

It's gonna be a gr8 week. Feeling a little clogged up/fluey today in the head, but aside from that i feel gr8. Plenty of music to make this week. Gotta git some albums started and finished by september.

Take it easy out there. let's git it.
                            Last edited by Guitarista; July 16, 2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Great job on 35 days, Mr. G! That's 5 whole weeks - fantastic!!

As far as the new lady goes - I can understand your wanting to see her as much as possible. Been there, done that. However, it looks like she's taking things easy and that, IMVHO, is a good thing, especially for you at this time. After all, you've got your whole future ahead of you, no sense in jumping into the deep water when you can wade in slowly and be more sure of a good thing. Just my two cents worth, of course. The romance is great, but I truly believe that friendship plays a HUGE role in whether a relationship will last or not. Being comfortable with each other, knowing each other well, along with the romance and passion, is a combination that can't be beat. Really hoping for you that all goes well. Oh, and another thing, Geester - we've all been around here for some time now - years, in fact, and I think I can speak freely. We only know you through your words and perhaps a couple of video clips, but you are a special guy and you yourself need to appreciate that. When you look in the mirror, I hope you see what we see in your words - a caring, sensitive, yet determined man who is moving forward and dealing with his addiction. A man who is open to others, accepting of others and is always there to support others. We see a man who deserves the companionship of a woman who appreciates him for who and what he is. I hope both you and she see what we see. Go git it!!!
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Ah shucks, thanks Ms. Stirly. I appreciate you taking the time to say that stuff. :heartbeat:

Comment

Working...
                                X