Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Sending good vibes your way, brother!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Oh Gman - I'm sorry and totally agree with others- her loss. You're attitude rocks though - inspiring to me: focus on the positive and let that gratitude shine, as yours does. Thank you sweetie - we move forward.
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks friends for your supportive posts. I'm just laying low here this weekend. I'm a little sad, but i'll be okay. Processing stuff, and i know there are plenty of fish in the sea and i'll be fine and will move forward. it was fun to be sure, and i learnt a thing or 2. Grateful for the experience and for her time. We'll remain friends and are on good terms. Thanks again everyone. Your support means a lot. Have a nice weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Mr G.......big hugs.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sending hugs Mr G. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Might be a good time to pop an Antabuse if you haven't recently?
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hope you're good brother, sending strength your way.

Comment

Hi, G--

I know you really liked her. Sorry! I am glad to hear you sounding positive, but it IS ok to be upset/angry/hurt also. In order to feel the good we have to feel the bad - numbing the bad only leads to numbing the good as well.

Hope you get a run, a swim and a meditation in.

Rawk on.

Pav

Comment

Good sunday morning friends. Hey, thanks for all of your posts and words, i appreciate it.

Thanks Pav. Yep, it's ok to feel sad and in order to feel the good, we need to feel the bad. I know this ain't a re.....rel.....relationship forum, but i reckon my best approach mentally here re this woman is to look at the whole thing with huge gratitude. I can't stay in loss (deprivation) mode, as that is too painful and damaging and doesn't serve me well or make a difference to the situation. If i can get my head around the fact that i had a gr8 time and it was all a magic little gift that came my way for a few weeks, then i think i'll be good.

thanks again everyone. Have a good weekend.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; August 12, 2017, 04:13 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hey Mr G. Appreciate reading your thread and posts.

Am trying to find some nice kinda equilibrium... but beer is being a salve to what i want to avoid (if that makes sense?!). Your journey here is kinda enlightening, so thank you for sharing. Keep doing so - it really helps.

Comment

Thanks RC. I'm still in the fight. I'm off now to look for some kind of 'broken hearts' forum to maybe find some inspiration. I need a bloody reality check i reckon!

Take care of yourself mate. Thank gawd for our running!

Comment

Ok, just back from a broken hearts forum lol. I copied the below post cause i relate to it and think it's useful to me right now. Thanks to the writer.

'Step 1: Dedicate one last night to your feelings. If you're really sad, cry your heart out, drench your pillow, for tomorrow you'd be a free man.

Step 2: You're a bit free of stress now, acknowledge that. Thank yourself for that.You're awesome. Spend some time doing something you love and do that with all your heart. Do something new, something you always wanted to do. Maybe some new idea you had? Work on it. The time is now.

Step 3: Stop keeping in touch with her. No phone calls, no re-reading your old messages. If you guys were really good friends, you will be friends again. But give time a chance to make things anew before that. When you meet again after that, things will not be the same.'

Edit: P.S. I had to laugh.....i just read a post on same forum from a fella who says he's a voodoo priest and to contact him if you want to bewitch her heart so she'll love you forever. Gaaaawd!
                        Last edited by Guitarista; August 12, 2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Edit: P.S. I had to laugh.....i just read a post on same forum from a fella who says he's a voodoo priest and to contact him if you want to bewitch her heart so she'll love you forever. Gaaaawd!
                          :egad:

You stay strong, G! Time will heal your broken heart.:hug:
                          Last edited by dill; August 12, 2017, 06:38 PM.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Did you pop that antabuse Mr G? :heartbeat:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Dill. Hey Nora. No i didn't. But i'll be okay. thanks 4 asking.

It's not like i'm breaking up a long term serious relationship or anything (thankfully), so i know it'll be fine real soon. I'm just having a whinge. But sheesh, i admit it hurts. i also know it's how i allow myself to think of it. being grateful for her time and company is the way i am trying to look at it. I send her nothing but love and best wishes. Best do this for myself too. Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Hello friends,

i think the best way for me to tackle this current little bit of heartache is to stand up, turn up, and once again just be the best man i can be every day. She said she's very attracted to me, i make her feel good, never been treated like this etc, etc...and that she might regret her decision. I know this sounds like i'm holding onto hope. Yep i am a bit. But i also know there's as good a chance or more, that she really has closed the door. Either way it doesn't really matter and it's all out of my control. Either way i have to get back to living and being the best man i can be for me, and all around me. Fk this wallowing in perceived pain stuff. What a waste of time. I will try to just be grateful. That's something i CAN do and control. Thanks for listening to my current emotional BS. I'm thinking even though it's a little embarrassing, it's good to write things out, as is often suggested 'round here by wiser heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X