G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Maybe some of the ladies can help me out there.....

Question - You know the woman i had a fling with recently that ended in a friendly way 2 weeks ago when she called it off? What does it mean if she 'likes' a photo of me on my FB page taken at a gig last week? i mean, she called it off, so i would've thought that's it, she's outta here and that's that. No more contact (for a decent amount of time anyway) even though we ended amicably. I'm delighted, but a little confused. then she texts me and talks a little about her trip and sends a pic of some countryside. It's cute, but sheesh, if it's over from her end, wouldn't her behaviour be different? Any thoughts girls? Only the female mind could tackle this one i reckon! thanks. P.S. I haven't initiated any contact, she has.
    Last edited by Guitarista; August 24, 2017, 05:42 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G Man:heartbeat::hug: I have been in your shoes, AND...AND...I have been that woman. When I WAS that woman, it was because I had broken it off with a guy and I truly LIKED him, and I just wanted to show him that even though I didn't think after dating a while that we were a good fit as a couple, I cared about him and wanted to show him that there was no ill will on my part. I have been in your shoes and had a guy do the same thing to me as your lady friend did, and it did hurt because he had ended it...and having him contact me like that just prevented me from moving on with my life. He meant well. He didn't want to hurt me. Please don't overthink it, G. She is probably feeling really sheepish about blowing off a really great guy like you. Move on to greener pastures my friend...you will find someone else. Respond to her text and FB posts only if it will serve you well. Just my two US cents. Thinking of you dearly.:heartbeat:Rusty
      Last edited by Rusty; August 24, 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rusty. That makes a lot of sense and has probably saved me from overthinking it! Much appreciated, and i think you are right on. Hope you're good.

Top of the friday morning from the beach pad! day 11. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yo Mr G - hope your Friday's been a hoot. Ours is just starting over yonder way.
          [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - smart reply. Wish I'd read that a few years back re an old flame, might have saved me some confusion, overthinking and a headache!!

Happy day folks!

Comment

Oh G-Man, I just thought of something...now that you're not dating that woman anymore, YOU AND I have a chance. Well, FINALLY I might be living my dreams. :heartbeat::hug: Just kidding, sweet friend.:hug: It is early morning here and about 8:45 PM in Melbourne so you probably have a gig. I hope your weekend is everything you want it to be, G-Star.
            [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION], I can't tell you how many relationship mistakes I have made. :-( Maybe that's why I am still happily single at the age of 56. LOL
            Last edited by Rusty; August 25, 2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Hello Mr. G and all...long time no see!! I have been struggling to stay sober lately. Starting a new job and can't be messing up....G, my daughter remains friends with all her ex's and gets together with them on a regular basis for friendly chat etc.....I agree with Rustys explanation..man, I am so hungover today. Yesterday was my last day on the job and when I got outta there, well, you know what happened. I have a card of antabuse I might have to do it that way...I know this has got to stop....heading out...good day to all...day 1...b

Comment

I remember you, [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]. Good to see you. Pop that Antabuse. Hangovers suck!

Comment

Mr. G. Yes, that can be very frustrating. I think she just found you to be a good man and doesn't want to lose that contact. The age issue was the only thing,so she doesn't want to lose a friendship.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

How're you doing, G-Man? Are you all healed up? Thinking of you..

Comment

Top of the morning from the beach pad.

Hi Bird! Good to see you my friend. Go for it and take back your precious life. healing up well and quickly physically here thanks LC.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and comments about my relationship issue. Yep, i think she simply wants to keep the friendship side of it. Fair enough, and i gotta feel honoured about that. Grateful for her stepping into my life is how i must look at it.

All ok. Spring is coming on September 1. New beginnings.
                      Last edited by Guitarista; August 26, 2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Good morning from the beach pad.

All ok here really. What am i gonna complain about? I'm healing well and quickly from the op 11 days ago, i recently dated a pretty young thing who thinks i'm hot and had a great time, i'm fit and healthy, i'm part of a cool forum and friends here i can post and interact with, and i have a great band and musical future. Only a bozo would whinge!

How are you there Bird?

Let's git it.

Comment

G I'm sorry I didn't get to answer your question the other day, but I'm sure Rusty has hit it on the head. The other thing I was going to say is didn't you tell us that she had recently come out of a long relationship? Maybe she got a bit frightened because she wasn't quite ready to feel as involved as she was and she needed to step away a bit.

Anyway, I'm very proud of you for not letting this derail you. Keep putting that chin up. xxx
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Yo Glassy. Yes, correct. She had recently finished a long term relationship and did say at the beginning she wanted to spread her wings. And that's what she's doing by travelling right now. That may've been a factor. She said she didn't want to stuff me around and leave me hanging while she was away, so i suppose this was a good time to cut things. that's a point i didn't think of. Either way, the great thing is we will remain friends. She obviously still wants to keep a connection cause she's clicked on some recent news on my band page. Noice, but don't overthink it G man!! Appreciate your words as always my friend. have a bonza week Classy Glassy. X

Sunny monday afternoon here. Just been for a long walk to do some shopping. No issues physically. Noticeabe feeling of rapid recovery last few mornings upon waking. had a bit of a fiddle with the clutch in my car earlier. i use my left foot which is the OP side, but felt ok pushing in and out a few times. Will try a short drive later this week. Anyone want to hear about my hemorrhoids? Just joking!
                            Last edited by Guitarista; August 28, 2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

G-Man!...you sound fantastic! I am so happy for you!:heartbeat:

Comment

Good morning from the beach pad pilgrims.

Thanks Rusty. I'm not too bad here thanks. What, i say what can i complain about? Nothing! Hope your week is going fab. :happy2:

Blue skies here. Sitting with strong emotions and just being and letting it be. Off and into it. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X