G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't give you much advice about your lady friend G-man because

Last edited by abcowboy; September 5, 2017, 07:59 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: G man the comeback!

Yes, me too AB!

Top of the morning to all on the pilgrimage to some sort of peace and happiness, whatever that means to one. A minor milestone here today and the feeling's good. Take care out there and don't forget the self lovin'. Let's git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr G well done on the milestone so happy for you 😎

Take care all x
        Xcatch22X
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Thanks Catch. How are you doing?

Top of the morning from the beach pad on the 7th day of spring. Still cooler weather down here, but a little blue sky poking through. Today's forecast is cloudy and around 14C. Off to have lunch with some family today. But first, heading to the gym for first workout since a little surgery 3 weeks ago today. Have been jogging slowly in the last week and all feels good, so will do some gentle light weights and some light easy bag work. I'm not pushing it and def happy to take it slow even though energy levels want me to go hard for a few rounds lol.

A few ideas running around me head. these aren't concrete yet, just thinking aloud. This would all have to wait till my study finishes december this year....1. Get a van on duel fuel (LPG gas/petrol) load it up with a bed, guitar and sound gear and hit the road playing my music anywhere they'll have me, and record other local musicians on the way along with a mental health focus. 2. Go for more permanent structured working hours from next week till end of year/early next year to save some bucks for future travel (which is great, but wouldn't leave me much time or energy for music making). 3. Carry on as i am, and try to pick up some more casual work whilst still having enough time to pursue musical and existing mental health projects. Number 3 sounds good for now.

Anyway, take it easy out there and get some self loving in today, K?. K. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Sunny and 26 degrees here G.

Good to see you making plans!
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
              Sunny and 26 degrees here G.

Good to see you making plans!
              New plan: Heading north now!

Have a bewdy Glassy!

Comment

Am good Mr G😊

Always good to have a plan , what number plan is North Mr G ? Love the way you can just get up and go!
                Everyone be safe x

Xcatch22X
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

You are sounding great, Mr. G!!:yay:

Comment

Hello Catch, Rusty, and pilgrims on the pilgrimage to pilgrimsville!

Friday evening at the beach pad. Productive day here. Run, some exercise, wrote a song, then finished some vocals for my bands album which is almost finished. A bit of hair, i mean toupe pulling going on as i am also the recording engineer, but after a few hiccups, it's coming up roses including the odd thorn but it's rock n roll so that's ok. Back to work/day job this weekend. Feeling pretty good.

take it easy out there. Have a beaut friday.

Comment

Top of the saturday morning to ya friends.

Another little milestone hit today. In work this weekend. Looking forward to a great day ahead. I've just got to remember why. remember why i want sobriety. It's a no brainer. Ii's a cliche, and we hear it here all the time, but i get SO much more great things done and achieved when living sober. I don't skip work or social events, i'm there for family and friends. I'm here for myself too. Just gotta maintain the focus and not put any pressure on myself, but also be happy to get a little uncomfortable and push through when any emotional stuff starts to bubble away. I know what to do - sit with it and let it be and let it pass. Then get busy get distracted with mindfulness activities such as making music or get out of my head with a run or a phone call. Overall, the feelings good and optimistic despite a car alarm that's been going off a block away since 4 this morning!

Take it easy out there. Let's git it pilgrim!

Comment

Mr G very productive day, I keep telling myself am gonna go to the gym today, just doesn't happen, and when i do, i over do it. It all or nothing with me.
                        It amazing how more we can do sober, like you say the important thing is yourself then the others will follow. Your doing great I can tell by your post.

I notice with myself if am in the here and now, not the past or the future my life is balance out. Some days it a little off balance & I need to keep myself in check. I can still get a bit paranoid like yesterday at a meeting. A person that I know shared about his dog fitting, he knew my dog had to be put tosleep, because my partner was speaking to him on the phone. After the meeting I went over to him and say hi before I could say anything else , he said hi and walked of to the toilet. Afterwards he was talking to someone, later I just said sorry to hear about your dog. But I don't know weather it my head saying he doesn't like you, or maybe he didn't want to speak about his dog or knowining what happen about my dog. Who knows it not my business. The best thing is to let it go. Other wise my head will start being like a washing machine 😆
                        Today is sunny outside not sure how long that will lasted. My partner is going to finish decorating the bedroom so I will help him, that will be funny.

Keep safe everyone & enjoy the weekend

Xcatch22X

Comment

Top of the monday morning to ya pilgrims.

Hi Catch. How's the decorating going? Yep, learning/knowing how or when to let go is a great skill to develop. Who knows what others are thinking about? Not always about me that's for sure. :-)

Looking forward to a great day ahead. Got a few things to keep me busy. First off will be some easy gym work, then some music work, and some other bits and bobs. A work mate and i are going to do a podcast for mental health week in early October, a topic close to me little ol heart.

This webinar might be of interest. I reckon American Tommy Rosen is a genuine knowledgable fella. R2. Session with Tommy Rosen: Defining Addiction and Understanding the Forces that Create It - Recovery 2.

Take it easy and.......get some self loving in today K? K. Let's git it.

Comment

My brother suffered a lot with mental health at the age of 21yrs old , so sad to see him go down hill. He never seem to got better in himself. Suffering with chronic depression & schizophrenia. My dad had a lot to do with it due to his up bringing when he was about 5yrs old henough use to beat him really bad, had a few knock on the head in those days people didn't care so much it was normal to get a belt out, or a thick stick to hit your child with. It still hurts me after 25yrs, when I think about it. My brother never deserve it. Anything to do with mental health 100 percent with ya Mr G, close to my heart as well .
                            Last edited by catch22; September 10, 2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Just popping into say Hey Gman! Haven't had much to post lately but wanted you to know I'm keeping up with your success and super vibe. Keep moving forward my friend.
                              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning to y'all pilgrims!

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and that upbringing as kids Catch. Yep, the belt was not uncommon from my old man in our house. He meant well i think, that was just the way back then. But it wasn't the only way to bring up kids, and never has been, so i don't defend those methods. How is your brother these days? Is he still with us?

Yo MaryLou! How are ya? Always a delight to see you. Thanks for your nice words.

Today i remind myself of my commitment to myself, my sobriety. It is springtime here in Oz. New beginnings. I want this long term, not just a couple of months sober here and there. i've been sober much more than not, but i still lose a week of my life even after 2 days of boozing just to recover. Turning up as my best self every day is where i'm at now. Mini milestone reached today. yeah! Let's git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X