G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

G-Man:heartbeat: I am really proud of the precautions you are taking-the Antabuse-in order to protect your quit, especially when you have to work with the woman with whom you had a brief romantic relationship. I hope it all goes well. I am in your corner.:hug:

Comment

I am in your corner with Rusty, G. You are doing great.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks Rusty and Dill. :heartbeat:

I reckon i might look at it similar to what Byrdy suggested in the nest. Maybe i dodged a bullet. Maybe being with her's not all it's cracked up to be. To be honest, she did run hot and cold during our time together which was a PITA really. Hot when we were together, then cold and a bit distant between dates. Couldn't work her out then, and not gonna try now! I sure wish her well, but I reckon i'll go with the 'i dodged a bullet' theme, and remember that her ass isn't that great either.......:thumbsup:
        Last edited by Guitarista; September 26, 2017, 07:04 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I flew over to the nest to see what Byrdy wrote. I must say, that sounds like very wise advice from [MENTION=11704]Byrdlady[/MENTION]. It rings very true. Press on, Mr. G!:thumbsup:
          Last edited by dill; September 26, 2017, 07:22 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Mr G I think the best think you can do like you said hand it over to the universe. Good advice what @Byrdy said. I think count yourself lucky . I do believe things happen for a reason the right women will come along when your not aware. Good for you making your foundation solid. Yep am on your corner with [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] & drill.
            Take good Care Mr G, your sobriety should always come first, glad that your thinking that way :hug:
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Top of the morning pilgrims near and not so far,

Thanks Catch. I will push through it. It's not the hardest thing i've had to go through! I think i really will try to take a light hearted approach and try to find and focus on funny stuff with her, rather than putting her on a pedestal as some unachievable great lost love lol. She's a good person, it's just we weren't really suited, just a physical attraction i think. I think of her fondly, as she does me, but i have to respect her choices and path and i do. It hurts just a little bit, but at least i've got a few days to get my head around the fact she's met another fella. I wish her all the best with the new romance. I know i was my best self when with her, and that's all i need to know. She told me yesterday she had an awesome time with me, it was a thrill, and she thinks of me highly. I gotta be happy and grateful with that. Any hurt feelings come totally from within me (i aint hurting too bad btw). No-one did anything wrong. I don't have to do anything or hide from them, i can let them be and let them go. Handing it over to the universe as you say Catch. Just writing out my thoughts and feelings. I know i'm repeating myself.

Edit: self reflection - So, if i am feeling a little crap and a little hurt, then it is my own self esteem. It is from my feelings of self worth. I know i teeter on the edge of great self esteem and confidence, and low self esteem/confidence with no evidence to support the latter. So, i need to keep working on my self love, self esteem, self worth. I need to remind myself of my achievements with study, work, music/my band, exercise, fitness and current sobriety. I need to up the positive self talk and keep on with my daily practice, and let time and the universe do the rest and do the heavy lifting. that is all.

Went to an AA meeting yesterday on a whim. Was good to plug in again to a likeminded community. Sadhana done. Feeling okay. gym and run next, then visiting family. Might be taking a struggling mate to an NA meeting tonight if he's up for it. In fact, might plug into a local NA meet tomorrow lunchtime for a top up and some connection to help keep my mind on the seriousness of the job at hand.

Take it easy out there. Git in some self lovin.
              Last edited by Guitarista; September 26, 2017, 05:22 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Self reflection take 2:

You know, what an absolutely awesome experience it was going out with the above mentioned woman. A beautiful woman who threw herself at me with all her passion and ways, albeit for a short time. Over 8 or 9 dates, we had a ball and the feeling was mutual and thrilling. Better to have loved than never to have loved at all? I think so. I knew i was putting my heart and emotional sobriety on the line getting involved with her, but despite a little heartache, wow it was worth it. I will put my heart on the line again no question. Here i am in my above posts worrying about this and that when really.........i am so lucky, and i am so grateful for the experience. Yeah, that's how i feel.

Roll on next week when i see her at work for the first time since. I will relish her presence and smile a lot, wishing her nothing but the best in everything she does. I will kick some arse here in my own way in the meantime and look after me. Off to pump some iron and hit a leathery old bag.

Comment

Mr G your a good person , and wishing her the best is the best thing for the mind , , your gentleman. You have done a lot with your music am well impressed, & with all the studing you have done am really proud of you.
                  Me going back to college has made me feel that if I can do this, Hoping I can get a job from this . My talking therapy & my partner was the one that encourage me to do this and said I can do this, and I am worth a lot more, it was hard for me to see this. So i can so relate to the low self esteem/confidence. Am glad that I realise that I can better myself by doing this.
                  I always find that AA meetings chargers up my battery inside me 😊 it feels good !!
                  So who's arse are you going to be kicking? 😎
                  Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                  sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                  my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

I'm kicking my own arse Catch! Thanks for your kind words. :happy2: Great you have a supportive encouraging partner. I love study and being in the classroom, though not for tooooo long or i fall asleep!

Wednesday evening chill here. my bands album is coming along well. Ice-cream time. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

I have nothing but admiration for you, G-man. Your thoughts are so spot on....and I am glad you are thinking about the positive aspects of your relationship with her. So glad you are here on MWO!:love:

Comment

Thanks Rusty. i'm glad you're around too. :thumbsup:

Comment

Strong and balanced.

Let's git it!

Comment

Morning pilgrims. Another milestone reached today. It's a bewdy and i'm proud of myself.

I think i'm starting to understand. Starting to see a sober life ahead for me, and all of the benefits of that. Wow, the treasures and jewels that await me. God! So many people to meet, to be of service to (especially the ladies....joking!), so much music, connections, rich rewarding friendships to be made. Git out there and go git it G man!

Comment

Wonderful post, G. Yup, go git it!
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

How are you doing bro?

Comment

Working...
                                X