G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Wow Mr G your doing really well.....well done on passing your course, am sure you will find a job. I don't go to AA a lot like I use to, but when I go they are powerful. If am feeling stress out about something or I got my washing machine head on, then I know I need a meeting ☺
    Can't believe that I have gone back to college I feel like it going to build my confidence up and Also will keep my brain busy in a good way.
    I need to go to the gym keep saying it,just got to do it ! NOW 😆 lol

Mr V my son use to do windsurfing but the UK is so cold ! He did like skateboarding more. Now he does kick boxing he wants me to go and see him at his next fight, but I hate the thought of looking at someone punching him. But I promise so this Sunday I will see him for the first time jobs he ring.

Take care all x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning to all from the beach pad.

Thanks Catch. I have completed some studies recently, with one last course to go which finishes this december. That's in the bag too, as we have a great teacher who is a wealth of info and cares about his students. All the best to your son with his fight. Are they wearing any headgear protection?

I don't go to many meetings either, but i find them really useful if i need a recharge, or to get my mind back on the job. Real life stories of triumph over adversity right in front of you, along with seeing, hearing, feeling the pain of folks struggling in active addiction. AA, NA meetings really are something special to behold, because it's about people, connection, community. The 12 steps, higher power stuff is another thing altogether that can be embraced, or not.

In class today. A little homework to do this morning. Sadhana done. Going for 40 days straight of Sadhana which the yogi's have recommended for centuries as a time frame where new habits are forged. Makes sense. Either way it's all down to me. Finishing my bands album later today with a few tweaks. A workout before class, which will be some weights and on the bag. Life is good ya know? Now really, what the fk am i gonna complain about?

Sober living raawks and it is where truth lives.

L8tr g8trs.
      Last edited by Guitarista; September 18, 2017, 06:11 PM. Reason: spellin

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the wednesday morning from the beach pad.

The sun's a shining' today, looking for around a 21C spring day. Didn't get time to finish band album last night, a little tired from schooling, but will git to it later today to be sure. Lunch with a friend today, but first, how did i start me day? Sadhana. Daily practice. Speed yoga, speed med, breath of fire. Done! Might play some speed metal on guitar later. Some weight work next followed by an easy run in this gentle sun to the beach.

Working tomorrow at the place i met my last romance! Gawd. I'll bump into her again tomorrow or if not, will do soon enough next time i work there. It's all good as we parted on good terms, but i'll need to be careful of my feelings and thoughts about her after the event. Just got to make sure i don't do my own head in! I feel i've accepted things, so i should be fine, but it will be a little test seeing her again. If my heart skips a beat, let's hope i can contain myself and keep a handle on reality and not overthink stuff.

Oh yeah, another mini milestone reached here today. :spin:

LC, where you at? :happy2:

Have a ripper out there.
        Last edited by Guitarista; September 19, 2017, 05:01 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Mr G , I don't think my son is not wearing any headgear protection. He never did for skateboarding. Crazy!!
          Your ran on the beach sound great. Best think is not to think at all anday your be alright if that makes sense 😊
          Looking forward to seeing my grandkids tomorrow always have fun seeing there little faces. ...
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Thanks Catch. Yep makes sense. Have a great time with your g'kids.

'There are no blocks on the path. The blocks are the path'. Quote from some coach. i like it!

Challenge accepted. Going with it, not against it. This sobriety lark is teaching me stuff i need to learn.
            Last edited by Guitarista; September 20, 2017, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Hey, G-man!
              I am around, thanks for asking!, just wasn't posting much the past couple of weeks--

I am so happy to check in here and to see you in such good spirits.. doing the work we need to do to keep our brains straight and create a life worth living.
              I've been slowly getting back into meditation and it makes all the difference. Your 40 straight days of Sidhana plan sounds great. As does all the exercise, studying, making future plans.. you're walking the walk, you are!:happy2:

Comment

thanks LC. Good to see you. talk about walking the walk you hiker! What a cool adventure you had.

Sidhana done. in work today. err, the place where my recent kaput! romance works! hehe. it's cool though. I haven't seen her since, and looks like she's not rostered to work today, but we'll bump into each other soon enough as i've more work coming up there. My attitude and approach is one of acceptance and i'm cool with how things panned out with her. I walk tall and proud knowing i treated her well and with respect (her words too), and i turned up every time and was a star performer. I'm a hard act to follow is my 'mental protective factor'. Well, it's true lol.

looking forward to a great day ahead. take it easy.

Comment

You set a high bar Gman. The way it should be. And, one YUGE (as Byrdie says) quality that makes a man attractive! IMHO.
                  Keep on walkin'.
                  Ciao - ML
                  Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Top of the friday morning to you pilgrim.

Thanks Marylou.

Interesting day at work yesterday. Busy and satisfying. I mentioned i'm now up for more shifts, and as it happens they are short staffed so they've given me another week of work in a couple of weeks time. Very handy right now, so i'll take that.

Morning Sadhana done. Sometimes i've noticed i wake up not feeling like it, but i just do it anyway. I turn up for myself. How hard is it for me to spend less than 10 minutes every morning on self care? Answer - Not hard at all. Just do it man! So i turn up for myself, no matter what. Don't matter what i'm thinking, just get to the yoga mat G man without thinking about it. Bulldoze those baseless, trivial excuses! Easy peasy really. Same thought or lack of thought process when i dive into the bay on a cold day - just do it and deal with it later haha. I always feel better for doing it. Yoga, meditation, running, gym.....just do it and don't think about it.

Edit: Following quoted from Hip sobriety site -

'What we think.

There is a silver bullet, one thing.
                    There has to be an easier way to do this / some short cut.
                    I’m not seeing results/it’s not happening fast enough/I’m not where I *should* be

What is true.

There is no one thing.
                    There are no short cuts - the only way through it is through it.
                    It happens over time, subtly, and often you can’t see the shifts as they happen.
                    It dies slowly and over time and as a result of many many different things.
                    You have to throw the book at it, have patience with the process, celebrate the small wins and changes.
                    This seems obvious but it isn’t. This gets us all tangled up every time.'

The feeling's good here. Today's agenda after gym/run is finishing my bands album mix. Git some self lovin' in today pilgrim.
                    Last edited by Guitarista; September 21, 2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

The best of the best of good sunday morning to you reader.

Working today and i tell's ya, i'm working with an absolute Hawt, i say HOT chick colleague. Wowza! She's something else. Pretty sure she's single. She's friendly and cool, so will look for an opportunity to casually plug my next gig to her and see if she shows up. I know, i'll start a convo about music...... Whoah G man, easy there fella! Another hot chick from class might be coming over for some driving lessons/practice in coming weeks as she needs to practice changing gears for her work bus, and i'm the only one she knows who drives a manual gearbox car. lol. You know, there really are plenty of fish in the sea!

If you're feeling down, maudilin, sad with heartache, just get yourself out and about in your city, town and look around. Plenty of fish in the ocean. I'm here to tell you that there is hope. Hope for healthy satisfying relationships, hope for healing, hope for a sober and peaceful life.

Band album work finished i hope. sent a finished copy to the band friday night. Drummer gave thumbs up and he's probably the most critical given his love of hi tech audio. next step is bass players approval, then we'll send it off for final stage mastering in preparation for CD pressing etc. Exciting!

Ok, off to work on this magnificent sunday. What a day lays ahead eh? Who knows what it will bring. Loving the unexpected. Bring it all on! I am centred, relaxed, strong, balanced and my heart is open. There is no fear, only love. Just don't piss me off.

Let's git it!
                      Last edited by Guitarista; September 23, 2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Top of the monday morning to y'all.

Good working weekend. Didn't get the chance to subtly slip in an invite to come see my band to my work colleague, but that's totally fine. That's a tricky business to be sure. :eek-new: Some great convo's had over this weekend around mental health in my community.

Sadhana done. Grey skies and cool here. I'll take whatever the day gives me. It's good to not feel the pressure and combat of the internal conversation we all know of whether to drink or not, and when, where etc. Have a nice MAE and a happy, healthy, peaceful week to all. Manage those thoughts because you can, and keep connected.

Let's git it.

Comment

Mr G, my son won his kickboxing fight today he was on top Form, I was nervous looking at the fight and a bit tensed, had a headache afterwards. It was well deserved on his part, he did a lot of training for this fight . Got to see his new girlfriend she a kickboxer to. Am happy for him.
                          You to Mr G, have a happy, health, peaceful week 😊

Comment

Top of the tuesday morning from the beach pad,

Catch, who had the headache? You or your son? lol. Glad he (and you!) made it through the fight. Congratulations to him on 2 wins. 1. The fight, and 2. his girlfriend.

Cool morning, but the sun is out with a forecast of 16C and sunny. Noice. Morning Sadhana done and dusted. Gym and run next after catching up on emails, morning coffee, and breakfast. then the day is free. Might head into town and take a few pics for a Sth american friend who lived here for awhile and misses a few icons/landmarks. Better give the 'all weather euro 5000 fastback sports' toupe a good brush as she also wants a pic of me.

I could've drank yesterday and today then pulled myself up tomorrow for work next week, in the hope not to look too shabby. Ha! What a joke that line of thinking is. Truth is, i would've looked alright, sure, BUT! I would not have looked bright, shiny hair, shiny eyes, have a spring in my step, shoulders back, confident and with a playful ready for anything demeanour. There would've been self doubt lingering just below the surface ready to appear with the smallest jibe or suggestion to do something differently. Bleh! Enough of that illusion that i'm okay after a few days sober. Nooooo. I begin to be okay after at least 21 days - 30 days. This is when my body and energy begin to kick arse, look like i'm kicking arse, and return to better functionality. I know that with longer term sobriety, there is a difference in me at every level. There is a noticeable difference at 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, and it just gets better. Today, i want to hold that vision of my best self in my minds eye, right up front of my daily thoughts. I reckon my Sadhana (daily practice in self care of yoga, meditation, breathing) helps anchor this.

Have a bewdy out there.

Comment

Mr G, I always thought that in early sobriety it is always important to build a very strong foundation around you. Sounds like your foundation is solid . :sohappy:

Comment

Originally posted by catch22 View Post
                                Mr G, I always thought that in early sobriety it is always important to build a very strong foundation around you. Sounds like your foundation is solid . :sohappy:
                                Thanks C. I think it's solid, and i just popped an antabuse, so that'll see me through rest of the week at least. I stopped taking them for awhile, but good to have em handy for situations like today where my recent no longer romance woman texted me to say we're on the same shift together next monday. First time we'll have seen each other since she called our short mini romance off. She mentioned i should be prepared as there might be some other workers asking her about some new guy she's seeing now. :eek-new: Great! Ok, it's cool and none of my business what she does now, but it hurt just a little even though i've been moving forward. She said she won't be encouraging other workers to talk about it, but suggested i be prepared in case. Fair enough. Small chance of much of that happening around me as it's real busy there, but still, it was nice of her to tell me. Good luck to her i say! It did throw me a bit with a small tug on the ol heart strings, but i'll be ok. I'm gonna look my best, be my best, do my best work and just be me. that's all i gotta do. The rest will take care of itself. I'm going to hand it all over to the universe. There! that's much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X