Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Day 5 and starting to feel alive.

3rd day of plant based eating begins. I'm including some fish for now, more for taste i suppose until i work out what i'm doing, as i continue research. there's an American fella called Rich Roll who makes more sense than many. I relate to him as he's an ex alkie, junk food hot dog cheeseburger eating heart attack canditate, previously in an 80 hr a week stressful sedentary office job. He's around 50 now, but completed a few ultra marathon runs and Ironmans in his mid 40's all powered by a total plant based diet. He makes too many good points to ignore. Then there is the science to support it, the numerous studies over the years. Anyway, it's not gonna kill me to try it out. So i'm going for 28-30 days eating as fully organic plant based as i can.

At this point in my research, looks like i can include beans and legumes, and fruits along with a variety of veggies/colours on the plate. Wholegrain rice, and a focus on dark leafy greens, organic and raw or not overcooked. Meditation for 5 minutes using the free headspace.com guided meditation website. Daily exercise as per usual. I'm turning things around and leaving meat alone except fish for now. People say there's a huge turn around in energy levels and wellbeing even after 7-10 days. Let's see what happens.

So............go git it!
    Last edited by Guitarista; September 14, 2018, 05:30 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey G, I clicked that little 'like' button to let you know I looked in then I thought it just didn't feel like enough. So greetings to you! I hope your plant-based diet puts you over the top!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        Day 5 and starting to feel alive.

3rd day of plant based eating begins. I'm including some fish for now, more for taste i suppose until i work out what i'm doing, as i continue research. there's an American fella called Rich Roll who makes more sense than many. I relate to him as he's an ex alkie, junk food hot dog cheeseburger eating heart attack canditate, previously in an 80 hr a week stressful sedentary office job. He's around 50 now, but completed a few ultra marathon runs and Ironmans in his mid 40's all powered by a total plant based diet. He makes too many good points to ignore. Then there is the science to support it, the numerous studies over the years. Anyway, it's not gonna kill me to try it out. So i'm going for 28-30 days eating as fully organic plant based as i can.

At this point in my research, looks like i can include beans and legumes, and fruits along with a variety of veggies/colours on the plate. Wholegrain rice, and a focus on dark leafy greens, organic and raw or not overcooked. Meditation for 5 minutes using the free headspace.com guided meditation website. Daily exercise as per usual. I'm turning things around and leaving meat alone except fish for now. People say there's a huge turn around in energy levels and wellbeing even after 7-10 days. Let's see what happens.

So............go git it!
        Check out Scott Jurek - ultra runner who is a vegan - big advocate of a plant based diet. Has a book called Eat and Run. (Go git it!)

Comment

Thanks Dill! Nice to see you.

Thanks RC. I'll look him up. Evening of Day 6 AF, and day 4 killing plants. I hear around days 7-10 the feelings great. Feeling good today. I can say i feel a little more energetic than not. And i'm surprised at the orchestra, i say symphony of flavours and colours exploding onto me plate and palate. Organic veggies taste unrool.

In work next few days. L8tr g8trs.
          Last edited by Guitarista; September 16, 2018, 03:15 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

This is all looking very positive Mr G. Well done you. I look forward to your feedback on this one. I've been reading a bit about it myself.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              This is all looking very positive Mr G. Well done you. I look forward to your feedback on this one. I've been reading a bit about it myself.
              Thanks Jonesy. Good monday morning to you and all from the beach pad.

I am doing a fair bit of research on plant based diets and so far from all the different nutrition camps (i.e. low carb/high fat. High carb/low fat, vegan, vegg, meat/veg combo's blah blah) all agree that a plant strong diet is very good for u. Further research is telling me that plant exclusive can protect our cells from chronic disease, and even turn it around. Big call, but W.H.O. has published studies, along with Harvard uni and other kosher joints stating plant based diets are less likely to encourage activation of our dormant cancer cells than animal and dairy foods. Either way, my sense is that plant strong/leafy greens every day for me ain't doing any harm. No science supports plant strong diet will harm us, but a lot of science stating animal and dairy can. The high energy factor most vego's experience interests me too. As my research continues i am finding heaps of conflicting info and misleading debate. But i reckon i can't go wrong eating plants for now. Day 5 of plants and feeling pretty good. Have a rippa Bridgee.

Day 7 AF! Go git it fella.
              Last edited by Guitarista; September 16, 2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Hey Mr. G, I have read a lot on the subject and watched a few shows and stuff on youtube and I find it all very interesting. Tried it out for a few short periods and really liked it. My dd2 went vegan for about a year. Not sure why she went back to meat, current boyfriend I think..I don't eat much meat or dairy as I can't digest it well and it makes me feel like crap most of the time anyway...the book that got me started on it was called Diet for a New America. Sometimes I watch a guy on youtube named Jack Albritton who is pretty cool...good luck with it....b

Comment

Hiya Bird. Top of the tuesday morning from over here.

It's interesting to be sure. A lot of it is old news, but you've gotta dig around for kosher info. How sugar works with our cells, how carbs, proteins, animal fats work with our cells and immune system. A lot to digest, but can be a gamechanger and life saver. At the very least i see that the guru's, docs and scientists all agree on lot's of veggies especially greens everyday, so i'm starting there. I'm gonna replace my 1 x sugar per 2 morning coffees with stevia later this week when i can get to a health store. This is the only time i eat sugar knowingly so i'll be refined sugar free as far as i can tell, with sugar intake coming from daily fruit and whatever sugar is in the gluten free grain bread i eat. Waffle waffle........

Day 8. heading to double digits. It was a grand day back at the salt mines yesterday. Day 6 killing plants. Git it.

Comment

Day 9. Sadhana done.

Go git ur veggies G man.

Comment

Hey Lovely G
                      I'm so happy to hear you sounding well. I've been vegetarian for 42 years (which is kinda funny considering how often I was told it was a phase I'd grow out of). I'm also pretty close to being vegan but choose not to take that stance or use the label for reasons I won't bore you with. I think we need a motto. How does "Life is hard - eat more vegetables!" sound?
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hiya Classy Glassy.

Sounds good to me. Or maybe.....'Life sure is a gas with more veggies'. A bit of farting going on over here! It's good.

I gotta say, my simple throw a heap of veggies into a pot and don't over cook them tastes fab. How are things?

Comment

You're gonna need all the fingers on both hands to count the days this time Mr. G! Not that you're one for counting...
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hola Dill and pilgrims on the pilgrimmage.

Correct my friend. Today is double digits. Day 10! The feeling's good. The sun is shining and the plants are awaiting the executioner.

Take it easy. Let's git it.

Comment

Day 11.

Go git it.

Comment

Hola pilgrims.

Day 12. Closing in on 2 weeks. Next target is 21 days. Still munching on organic plant matter. It's a little pricey so will look at bulk buy and getting a bigger pot to cook in for the weeks meals, then freeze em. Reckon i'll have to lash out on a serious huge pot as the cheaper aluminium ones are apparently toxic when heated and mixed with food. Maybe an iron one.

One day at a time here. The slow climb back to sanity, happiness and inner peace. Based on the premise that mood follows action, some sort of daily exercise is the plan too.

Comment

Working...
                                X