Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hiya Pauly.

I'm not exactly a morning person, although i'm def sharper of mind in the mornings. Morning runs take a little adjustment, but i don't put pressure on myself. Minimum jog around the block and job's done. It's mid winter and 0-5 C most mornings, but i'm rugged up noice so don't feel it. Hope ur doing ok over there.

Day 656 how's trix? 23 days of running. Adapting easily.

In work then a week orf. Music jam tonight. Oh yeah.

Git it pilgrims.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 658!

New album coming along nicely. Aiming to finish by end of month. Good to have a purpose that interests u. Orf into the day.

Let's git it.
      Last edited by Guitarista; July 1, 2020, 07:22 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hiya Mr G,
        Day 91 here, things been hectic so not checked in for a bit.
        About to do a nice big walk as I have the day free.. aiming for 10k.. Git it!

Comment

Hiya Fickstar,

Good job on the walk. Leave hectic eating ur dust! 91! Almost hittin' the ton pardner! How was the walk?

I was amazed this morning how easily i got out the door for a first thing run, especially after an out of the blue gig last night. A bar here had the 20 people limit booked for dinner and live band but band cancelled so we got a call. Physical distancing, max 20 people in venue, sign in to register contact details in case tracing is necessary. Nice to play again. However, on the other side of town there has been an outbreak of cases and lockdown has been enforced in some suburbs. I'm not affected too much...........yet. Seems some folk were sneaking out of the required quarantine. See how it pans out in coming weeks.

Day 6, i say 660!

Git it pilgrims.

Comment

Stay safe out there, Guitar Man!!!
            Last edited by techie; July 4, 2020, 12:07 PM.
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks Techstar! You too mate.

Day 662!

The feeling's good round here. In work today. Would rather the day off but i cannae complain. It's always an interesting day at work.

Album coming along, study rolling along, mental, emotional, physical health - check!

Go git it pilgrim.

Comment

Day 663!

Who woulda thought? The days rack up pardners.

Congrat's to Mick on 8 years AF!

Git it.
                Last edited by Guitarista; July 6, 2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Good morning G,
                  Day 97 here have been getting out for my walk every day this week which is great! Missed a lot last week and wasn't happy about that.
                  Hope you aren't being too affected by the lockdowns. We've been virus free for ages here but suddenly have 3 cases amongst the young, so its still out there.
                  Have a fabulous day :hug:

Comment

Morning Fickstar and all pilgrims on the p, pu, pilgrimmage.

Holy moly, 98 days! Gr8 work you raaawkstar. I'm lucky that my work still rolls on during the pandemic. Further lockdown is def a PITA though. I'm lucky in that i can still git an income and record new music at home at least. Lot's of bars and restaurants who got hopeful have now had to close doors again. It's hard for many.

Day 667!

In work. Let's git it.
                    Last edited by Guitarista; July 10, 2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Day 668 AF, Day 35 early morn running.

Fickstar, tomorrow you will achieve 3, i say triple digits on the rebuilding your life journey! Wowza!

In work. Git it!
                      Last edited by Guitarista; July 11, 2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Mornin G-Star!
                        Congrats on 668 days AF, and 35 days running
                        I have settled into approx 7k as being my ideal walk length as it gives less trouble to my ankles than anything over. Not sure wtf is the issue with ankles but figure everyone has some issue or other as the years roll on. Am very fortunate there is no mechanical problem so figure nothing actually stopping me!
                        My gym is reopening so might try to substitute the walk with a sprint on the exercise bike, although from memory that irritates the ankles as well. Keen to try it and see if any better though.
                        Anyhoo, have another great day :thumbsup:

Comment

Hoop de doooooooooooooooooooo 100 days to me! :sohappy:
                          Hows about we make it 365... gittin it :thumbsup:

Thank you so much Mr G for that phone call out of the blue which set me back on my way. That talk was just the very thing I needed. :hug::thumbsup: My thinking on addiction has been revolutionized by reading a number of books but two stand-outs for me on the issue of relapse were The Biology of Desire: Why Addiction is not a Disease by Marc Lewis and The Upward Spiral by Alex Korb. Essentially the difference it made for me is that I view my addiction as a habit that I can change. It removed the stigma and the shame (both extremely damaging and counterproductive). The substance is irrelevant. The neural pathway I laid down by repeating behaviour was and is the key. The old pathways are still there, even after you lay down new ones, thus relapse is shockingly easy, but so is the way back so don’t despair. Another key for me was acknowledging what I was seeking from the old behaviour. One was euphoria, the other was relief from grief and stress. Now I access those things with other behaviours. Nowadays if I think about drinking, I think to myself, what would it give me? And I can’t think of anything that I don’t already have so the thought is fleeting.
                          Last edited by fickle; July 12, 2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Way to git it Fick!
                            You too, G!

Comment

Way to git it Fick!
                              You too, G!

Comment

Hola Fickstar, Mr V and pilgrims everywhere.

Holy flatulatin friars Fickstar.....100 days! That's nothin to sneeze at! 103 today for you, 672 for me.

Gittin it BIGTIME. Those books look gr8. I agree totz with the habit angle. The substance to me is irrelevant. The fact is/was, i had a damaging habit. And i have changed it. Knowing the science and biology is a huge help.

Mr V. How r things mi amigo?

Noice few days off here. Back at work monday. Self care routine done. All that's left now is to make sure i address 2, i say a couple of bullet points that i've identified as important for me future. 1. Educate myself around investment strategies. 2. Make music recordings. As long as i do these 2 things for around an hour a day, i'm taking care of the future today. If i'm feeling good and balanced, then the ripple effect flows out.

Go git it pardners.

Comment

Working...
                                X