No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey G-man.....great job on those 150 days living the life that was meant for you! So happy to see you loving life!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Congrats on 150 Mr. G. Awesome, friend!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Wow, thank you friends!

Appreciate your words and y'all dropping in.

Wednesday morning here so I suppose it must be 151 but who, I say who's countin. Next stop, 6 months I am Mary style. Congrats Mary!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          Wow, thank you friends!

Appreciate your words and y'all dropping in.

Wednesday morning here so I suppose it must be 151 but who, I say who's countin. Next stop, 6 months I am Mary style. Congrats Mary!
          Six months? Pfft. Tough for many. Geasy for you!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

How're you doing, G? Saw in the Nest you weren't feeling up to par..
            Big fat hugs coming your way! I've been the hugging queen lately.. I'm afraid my colleagues are beginning to avoid bumping into me!:happy2:
            Will check in after work..

Comment

Hi LC. I'm up for hugs 24/7 especially from a corker like you Ma'am! :congratulatory:

I'm fine, thanks for asking. This is feeling stuff. Feeling emotions, thoughts, memories etc. and learning how to best deal with them. Great tools to develop for us. And I do pretty well at it as it happens, well so far so good. How are you doing?

Yo Techie!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning G.
                We are over the hump!
                Do the other guys in your band notice a difference the fresh faced MrG?
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  Morning G.
                  We are over the hump!
                  Do the other guys in your band notice a difference the fresh faced MrG?
                  Morning Mary. Yes, we are.

I suppose they notice. They don't say anything to me. But I notice. It shows in my playing I know. Well, since you asked and got me thinking yes, another band I play with noticed. One of the guys gave me big raps after last Sunday's gig. I think my enthusiasm for the cause was brimming, and that relaxed cool manner you can get after a few months AF. I'll take that. Noice. Hope all's well with you my friend.

Comment

A proper rockstar, big into the gig and super cool :happy2:
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

hey, G! glad you're feeling better.. great idea to hang out at the music store.. i'm still amazed at how well distraction can work as a tool. i'm with you on the learning to deal with emotions, memories.. discomfort is a big one for me. when i can take a step a back from it, i realise how happy i am to FEEL! and how proud i am of myself to be figuring out a new way of life. it's so difficult sometimes, in the moment.. but isn't it wonderful to come through it? a real, honest to god natural high or a deep sense of peace, or, or, or.. the diversity!
                      so happy to have contact with such super duper people like you..

Comment

Ha,indeed LC. I would add..........Super heroes!

I like the step back approach. Simple and useful. PAUSE. You are amazing and your attitude looks to be a winning one from here. :happy2:

Day &^%$$%* and all's well. You know, I think this is the longest I've been AF since my last 2.5 yr stint here which ended in april 2011. So relatively new territority is being forged and explored. This morning I feel great. All directly related to no AL (drugs) in the system. This body and mind now powered by good tucker and thoughts that only serve me well.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Awweeeesome!

Comment

Wonderful stuff G Man. Once we STOP doubting our greatness and reestablish the self love we can do amazing things. Huge progress at your beach pad. It is a techie daily must read. Awesomeness abounds!
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

G,
                              That's so awesome how you are feeling so good. I like the idea of using distraction as a tool. I use that all the time.
                              I also think of thoughts as clouds passing by and that I don't have to feel or dwell on them if they make me feel bad, I just let them float by.

Keep those good thoughts dude.

Have a wonderful sober Friday.
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

'You can have the life you want OR you can drink'. Love it Narilly. Yes, our thinking is where it's at. From thoughts come feelings, so I'm choosing my thoughts carefully, and letting the rest be. Happy sober Friday to you too my friend. :happy2:

Jumpin jalopeno's, it must be day *&^%! but who's counting. Kick some ass in your own ini, inim...inimo.....inimitable way.

Comment

Working...
                                X