X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starty View Post
    Can I count with ya Mr G :eyes:
    You know you can Starterfarter!

Another yoga class today. Sheesh, gotta say i'm hot for teacher. The rest of the class are easy on the eye too, well maybe apart from the bloke on the mat next to me who i'll call Ferdinand. Ferdy looked a little older than me but his flexibility was pretty advanced. No-one likes a show pony buddy! I was sweating after only a few minutes like you would after a few rounds on the bag, and this is just holding stretches/positions. Not for pussies. Respect!

L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Morning from the beach pad. Day 9 and i'm counting for now. Why? cause i want to see those AF days rack up like jewels in a buried treasure. Yo!
      Hiya Mr. G!!

You know what - this is the first time I ever counted my sober days. I always scoffed at those that did. Thought it to be downright foolishness. This time, however, after a few days sober, I suddenly realized that I had chalked up a whole week without AL and then I thought - hey, in not too many more days, I'll be in the double digits. That got me started and on every day of my daily planner I write what sober day I'm at. It really does give you a sense of accomplishment whether it's day 3 or day 3000. It's you doing what is best for you - keeping AL's sorry butt out of your life. Onward and upwards, my friend. Enjoy your day!!
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yo W'dup?

Onwards and upwards indeed Stirlywhirly.

Gig tonight yeaah....then up early to move my old piano from storage to a friend of a friends place who's happy to keep it for me until i move to a joint where i can fit it, and that will be a magnificent day. Working towards that, but first things first which is maintaining sobriety. Day 10. Starty, where u at girl? Countin?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

You can do this Mr G and any days sober are never wasted. Good luck with the pesky piano!

Comment

Mr. G-I am in your corner, rooting for you all the way!:heartbeat::heartbeat:

Comment

Hey friend! Just popping in to say good day... hanging close to the site and saw your 9 days! Well done. Those are the hard yard ones. I like counting too. I have no idea why. I guess because it's fun. I add up my very beginning days in 2010 until now to feel pretty good too. I am a yoga lady myself... Our class is filling up with a lot more guys. I'm liking the energy! And eye candy myself! wink
              AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Thanks TT, Rusty and Choices!

:heartbeat:

Comment

Top of the saturday morning to you.

Fab gig wit me band last night. Noice feedback a bonus, but i had a gr8 time. No probs with booze cravings at all. Very content hanging all night watching the other bands till end of night. One band there were telling me of their upcoming little tour of Europe. Got me real motivated.

Moving my piano this morning. Not real straightforward. Be glad when that's over.

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Morning reader. Sun's out, noice.

Bustin out some riffs today wit my band. All pretty good here. L8tr Yo!

Comment

Morning from the beach pad. Around 23c and sunny forecast today. Noice.

Day 13 and i'm counting the days for now. But not the minutes. Plenty of fab things to do and to live for. Why just exist and not live? Boring. Just existing can seem a safe option, but that is an illusion. If i am not living and growing, then i am dying. If i should be so lucky to have the attention of any angels and demons lurking, then maybe on this the 13th day there is a battle or at least a bet on which way the young fella from the south will go. But i will not assume there is such care either way. I will forge my track regardless, oblivious to any such otherwordly shenannigans. Day 13, the day it turns around. No looking back.

Comment

Morning reader,

Well, day 13 went without a hitch, apart from a huge bolt of lightning hitting my weathercock and what looked like a horse with a unicorn flying over my rooftop.

Day 14. No turning back.

Comment

"No turning back"- I like that talk! And I believe you on that!

Comment

Now I have a vision of back to the future meets never ending story! I'm a bit deflated back to day 1 but all wasn't lost.. 1/2 a glass... And I don't want to count it but if I don't.. I may think I can handle it.. And I don't want to just battle this thing all the time. Onwards and upwards... No cravings here either.
                            AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Glad you're back in the game Choices. Your AF time was not in vain. Having a drink for me after some AF time is dangerous ground, as it opens the door again bio-chemically within, which in turn affects my mood and thinking. As long as we are learning something from this, and putting this knowledge to use.

Hi Lex!
                              Last edited by Guitarista; March 22, 2016, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Mr G can I ask a question? When you fell off the wagon did any of your friends comment or were they pleased that you were drinking again? I am curious as to what others think when we change our standpoint with booze (as happens with me)

Comment

Working...
                                X