No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning from the beach pad. It's nippy, but the sun's a shinin' at least.

Day 67 i hear. Git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Top of the wednesday morning to you valued reader.

It's pretty fresh and nippy here, but my heart is warm. 2nd counselling session went along well on monday. I said i'm interested to maybe explore where my self destructive/check out of society with no handbrake attraction comes from, and why when most people have this urge on occassion, they have a handbrake, and i don't. She's all for it. I said.....'lead the way baby'. So we'll see where this goes. We agreed if anything gets to heavy we don't have to go there. For me, i don't feel there's much underlying stuff going on that has been a barrier to me forging ahead in life (except boozing....ok, and maybe why i keep returning to it), but i figure why not use her expertise since i'm there and see what her perspective is. She may well pick up on something of gr8 value to me. Interesting stuff.

Day 66 but who's counting?
      Congrats on day 67 Mr. G!!

Good to hear your second session went well. This stood out to me - but i figure why not use her expertise since i'm there and see what her perspective is. She may well pick up on something of gr8 value to me.

I like the fact that you are so open and willing to explore things but also that, after only two sessions, you have put your trust in this young lady. That, to me, is one of the most important things in order to get something constructive out of the sessions and to learn more about yourself in the process which will help you learn why, as you say, you have no handbrake. (Nor do most of us, I might add, or we wouldn't be here.) Best of luck. I'll be waiting for news after the next session....
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks Stirly whirly. I am finding the process interesting, but more importantly, i feel bouyant after seeing her. I think this is just because i'm touching base with someone in a blatant act of self care. Hope the knitting's cruising along nicely.

Top of the morning reader. Day 70. Alright!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

It must be day 71 but i sure ain't one for countin. Yeehaw!

Comment

Day 72. Let's git it.

Comment

Day 73 but i sure ain't never been one for countin'. Too many apostrophe's? Don't matter. Let's git it.

Comment

Mr. G., you seem different this time in your AF journey...your commitment, plans to travel, willingness to see a therapist and openness to the process just seems so positive. Thanks for posting and encouraging all of us with your journey.

Comment

Thanks Snoopy.

Hope all's well there Ma'am. :thumbsup:

Comment

Hi G! I'm a big fan of apostrophes, commas, and the like. Punctuate away, my friend!

Comment

Lol Pie! Ok.

Must be day 75 but who, i say who's counting?

Gig tonight, yeaah. Might find a wife. Let's git it.

Comment

The best of the best of saturday mornings to you valued reader from the fabled and celebrated Vogue magazine award winning (2011) beach pad.

Top gig last night in the big smoke with my band. We carved it up and folk actually seemed to like it. Always a good sign. Day 76 and shooting for 90, then 100, then onwards to the previously elusive 6 months.

Kick some sweet ass out there.

Comment

good morning MrG. Sunny from my view of the beach (well ocean more like ocean) over the Tassie.
                          Day 76 is just great and I really admire how you dont give up.
                          Its an atmosphere of exam revision in my house - daughter has her end of semester exams - her first time at uni. I am charged with supplying essentials like chocolate, meals, warm house etc. Mr GB (grumpy bum - my partner) is somewhere in the forest that is our garden.

Comment

Morning TT.

That sounds like a real nice day over there. All the best to your daughter with the exams. Doing some study myself this year. Not as full on as uni. Just the right pace for me with it's little research/homework challenges and 1 day a week. No spiders or snakes over your way they say? But i bet there are some cute critters to be found in the garden forest. Bit drizzly here, but jumpin jehosaphats, the sun's just come out. Sunny and 14c next few days.

Have a bewdy.

Comment

Worst critters we deal with are possums (which are not dangerous but annoying and destroy the vegetation) and rats/mice. And the human kind:eek-new:

Comment

Good morning all from the beach pad. A few possums here too TT. Possum pie is becoming a delicacy round here.....

I had a couple of bothersome humans around in my previous role at current job. Managers! My conclusion is they are good enough folk inherently, but blinded by a little fear, laziness, and an ingrained company/managerial culture that comes from the costly punitive model of communication rather than the more cost effective collaborative model. Lol. Sometimes you have to make your own way.

A groovy sunday ahead jamming wit my band. Doubles as a great social thing.

At day 77, i am feeling less like i want to escape anymore. I am actually enjoying reality. My reality, which i can contribute to creating. Yibbidee yibbadah, that's all folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X