No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - March 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am home and completely exhausted. Early night for this Bear.
    Sun - I hope you don't have an ulcer....and I think you would look great with short hair. It is so thick....
    Pauly - you crack me up...hair color from the grocery?? hah
    I will try to post more, but I am sooooooooo busy.
    Love you all
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Went to dinner with my best friend, her husband who has Parkinson's, her mom who is 93 and moms friend who is also in her 90's, this is NOT how I want to spend the rest of my life.....UGH......but it did beat sitting here all night crying....this all sucks....
      Tomorrow I star the cat sitting...where did my happy life go?????
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dots, tbh your Friday night was more exciting than mine, just sitting here watching tv,hubs went to Kell's bf's brothers birthday party, I know they're all drinking so I steered clear, don't worry,some sort of fun life will come again, defo no the same as with your hubs,but something and at least you're getting out,not sitting around moping
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sun, hope the meds you got help your tummy! Have you had an ulcer before? Dare I tell you guys that I use the hair dye from grocery store too? I guess you don't get a discount at the salon, Pauly?
          Mama, hope you can catch up on some sleep. Are you working tomorrow?
          Dottie, yes, that doesn't sound like the most exciting evening. But you did get out. My night consisted to suitcase shopping for our son. Not exactly a thrill a minute.
          Early night for me too. No drinking for me today. Goodnight guys

Comment

I forced myself to get out. I was so depressed last weekend I just couldn't stand it.
            Tomorrow we plant flowers and I feed the cat am watching.
            Sunday I am going shopping with another friend to get food for the 2 funerals this week. Way too many folks dieing..what is going on??? I will help with food but I can NOT go to the funerals. Just too soon for me.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi all
              Pouncer died this morning. She sleeps with me and I woke up at 430 and she was sleeping peacefully then at 530 she kinda started gasping and died. It has been very hard to take care of her the past month or so. I have buried her in the garden in the dark..:sad::sad:.....will reply better soon

Comment

OH Bird ..... I am so sorry ....... ((((hugs)))). At least Pouncer died peacefully with you right there next to her - that must have been reassuring for you at least that she didn't suffer! Lorry loads of hugs and love sent to you - I am thinking of you,

Love, Sun XXX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good Morning Friends,

I have been very busy traveling and working....long, long days at work and then collapsing into bed. I am doing well and can't complain about my life. In less than two weeks, I leave for South Carolina on vacation with my sister. She and her husband bought a beautiful home about 1/2 hour from Savannah. We always have such a good time there...we shop, walk, bike, swim, and soak in the hot tub til we prune. :-) I have the best sister in the world...I am truly blessed.

Bird...so sorry to hear about Pouncer!:sad::sad: She was lucky to have such a great mom like you.

Dottie-glad you got out a bit yesterday although I know it wasn't an ideal situation.

Mama Bear-the first week of work accomplished...good for you!!! I hope the job is everything you wanted it to be.

Sun-I sure hope you don't have an ulcer! Hope the meds work.

Liz-did that meeting help you? Do you plan on going again? Interesting news about the former CEO at the hospital What goes around comes around, huh???

Pauly-I think it's hilarious that you bought hair color at the grocery store. I would keep that secret to myself. Hahhahahahhahah!!!!

Nora-your audit is probably over by now...how did it go?

Ugh...I know I am missing SOMEBODY....forgive me if I have overlooked you.

Helping to make a meal at our church today. We are hosting 10 men from the local homeless shelter, who have been staying at our church for a week. Busy day, so I will sign off and catch up with you all later!

Comment

cross post Rusty - you sound very relaxed and as if you are having such a good time even though you are so busy! I bet you are really looking forward to your holiday with your sister and hubs - how lovely for you that you get on so well with her. I too have a little sister and we get on well too - we are very lucky !

I am only on day two of the meds - Liz, a few years ago I had these same symptoms and went to the doc - they put me on the meds that I bought yesterday so hopefully this will sort the problem. I have to smile though at the not wanting to drink .... or maybe the Nal is working early !! It can take anywhere from 3 months upwards to work - and I have been on it for 3 months so much as I would like to think it is the Nal, I fear that when the nausea is sorted the drinking stuff will be back .....

Pauly - as my daughter is in the same line of business as you, she gets a discount at the beauty supply stores - don't you ? I am off to have my eyebrows and eyelashes dyed this morning !! Really quite excited about it actually! They are both invisible as they are so fair - so it is going to be nice to actually SEE them without putting stuff on ! As for the short haircut - the girl that is going to do it is going to call me if she gets a cancellation before she goes away - otherwise I have to wait until mid April and I really want to do it before I chicken out !

Jan - hope that you got a good nights sleep in !!

hugs to all, Sun xx
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sunny-hi! I am so glad the Nal is working. It is amazing, isn't it? Just wanted to add that my sister's husband is NOT coming on this trip. It's just the two of us.:happy2::sohappy: My BIL is a wonderful man....treats my sister, my mom, me...our whole family...like gold...but this was my 54th birthday present from her. She is 5 years older than I am. I am glad you are close to your little sister, too.

Off to the gym!

Comment

Bird, I am so sorry about pouncer! I agree, she died peacefully with the one she loved most. My heart breaks for you, they are so much a part of the family.
                        Rusty, you are always so good about keeping up with everyone. No the meeting did not help me, yet? There were only like 8 people there. I find coming here much more beneficial! Your vacation sounds soo relaxing! Does she live there year around? We used to rent large beautiful homes in the outer banks, NC. My parents, sisters and our families would go. So much fun.
                        Sun let us know how the dying goes. I'm guessing this is something temporary?

Comment

Oops, hit the wrong key! Anyway, off to Erin's in a bit to paint. I should run on the treadmill before, but CJ is is still sleeping. Home on a Friday night for that one. Her bf is skiing today, so I actually get to see her today!
                          Well another cup of coffee and off to start my day.
                          Have a good one!

Comment

morning love bugs....I slept like a log and am still tired, so think I will drink coffee for a few hours before I head in
                            Pauly- I am so proud of you for skipping the birthday party to avoid drinking!
                            Rusty - it is always so good to see you!! Savannah is about 3 hours north of me and I love it!!! Have a fabulous time. If I weren't so darn busy I would try to get to see you
                            Is NAL a prescription? What are the effects? I am wondering if I should try it.....
                            The new work crew likes to drink, so I am really watching it. One girl keeps bottle of Captain Morgan in her "secret" drawer for late nights. I get it cause we work balls to the wall all day, but that won't be my solution!!
                            Bird - am so sorry about Pouncer. I really am. Lucky is purring next to me and I was a wreck when we almost put him down. Lots of hugs, dear friend.
                            Dots - I am glad you got out even if it was depressing. Nana went to a few dinner shows with a seniors group and went to some square dancing, as well...She is also a member of a sewing club
                            Have fun with the eyebrows and eyelashes, Sun

Comment

Morning all,
                              Phone rang at 5:30 from the nursing home telling me that dad fell and that the ambulance was taking him to the ER...so I got up, let the dogs out and drove to the hospital. These are the times I really miss hubby. He would have been there for me and kept me sane. Now I had to do it all by myself. Dad is fine they put stitches in the gash and I took him back just in time for breakfast. Had a meltdown when I got home. I just dont understand any of this....
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

oH SHIT Dottie.....I am so sorry...home from work and going to flop for date night. One of the corporate team brought her Michelob Ultra and sipped on it while we worked...she rather heavy and probably didn't even feel it.....cray cray

Comment

Working...
                                X