No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - August 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read her comment...I will go and email you.

Comment

And I reiterate...a quick glance at our IP addresses by admin would quickly clear my name. I can't believe that any of you would believe I could cause harm to another!

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
        Morning all -

Dotts, This really does not sound like the Fen I know. I have known her for years. So, I asked her straight out. It is not Fennel. I don't know who it is but I don't think it's worth our time to continue to respond to her anymore.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day.
        I have found the "ignore" feature to be a wonderful thing. There's a saying- "Don't feed the trolls". When you respond to this person, you are giving her pleasure. She's probably home drinking when she's posting these things and getting attention from you makes her feel oh so happy. Don't make her happy. Ignore her pathetic butt.

Comment

I dont think any of this is productive. Can we all move on and concentrate on the AL free life that we all want/need??
          Fen I am glad you are back and hope you stay with us. We are here to support you in whatever life has thrown at you.
          We need each other and I think our efforts are better served supporting each other.
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning all,

Having been here for years (joined in 07) I have seen some people come to the site where they have no intention of being here for recovery but just want to create trouble. Just like a hacker has no regard for who they hurt, these rare people just want to "stir the pot" and laugh at everyone as they see that they have. If madame is a real person, she obviously has issues as she wants to see the negative in others which are probably negatives that she owns. Let's all move forward. Composed this at the same time fennel did. The forum moderators can certainly trace the IP address as she is saying and they can ban whoever this madame person in. Another give away with these fake posters is the number of posts they have. madame only had 4 and the one who was here years ago doing the same thing only had 3 or 4 as well.

Welcome back fennel, although it was a quirky way to be re-introduced. We'll all get beyond this and hopefully laugh about it one day. So sorry for you in your pain. Divorce is an awful thing no matter how amicable the spouses are

Dottie, I don't know the details of your life as I am fairly new to posting in general and abstinence threads but wanted to say I am very sorry for the loss of your spouse and am so glad you are moving on with your life. Enjoy your fun posts of your dates too!

Good morning to everyone else. We drove 6 hours yesterday to be in absolutely beautiful weather in southern CA. Was SO hot where we live so am going to enjoy relaxing. Bought some tart cherry juice (has a lot of melatonin in it) so had a glass of it last night and enjoyed the sounds of the ocean, the view, and the perfect weather as I sat on my balcony. As I think about my drinking (we're all different) so much of it for me was the "picture" of it. You know, the glass of wine on the balcony looking at the sunset. So, my cherry juice looked just like wine and I had such a great night's sleep and am certainly "un-hungover!" LOL. Some folks say that whole thing of needing the fake drinks will go away (the desire for it) and they are probably right. But it's the baby step I need right now in my recovery process. I may have said a thousand times I will curtail my drinking, I don't want to do the same with quitting. My name is Addy...and I am simply All Done Drinking...Yes!

Addy
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Addy - I hope you have a wonderful time. We're supposed to get VERY HOT weather over the next few days though.

Fen - I am truly sorry about the divorce. :hug:

Dottie - what are your plans today? I forgot. Like Addy said - I love hearing about your fun!

Pauly - I saw your thread about the sinuses. Mine are so messed up. I'm sure the drinking really added to it!

Ok - got to run all. I'm at work. Catch you all later. Last night I didn't turn on my computer and it's too hard to type on my Kindle. So, tonight I'll be around.

Have a great day everyone!
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Addy...
                Yes, it's a quirky way to get back on the forum. When Nora texted me, I had to clear my good skwerly name. I will try the tart cherry juice. I fall asleep okay, but I wake up at three or four in the morning and watch mindless Youtube vids until I conk back out. Gotta love those menopausal hormone issues.

Thanks, Nora. Really, the divorce has been a long time coming...Mrs. Fen is a workaholic and literally gone half the time, which is no way to conduct a relationship. If I am ever stupid enough to marry again, it will be someone who a) is a teetotaller or in the program and b) is home most of the time.

I've been going to AA- and while I really dissed it in the past, it has suddenly become very helpful to me. I even have a sponsor! With that said, I'm not pushing it on anybody. I believe there are a great number of ways for peeps to go AF.

Gotta jump in the shower and go to a meeting...AT and T guy was just here and I was wholly unprepared. My friend accidentally made a repair appt. for today, but thought she'd canceled it and rescheduled it for tomorrow. My hair looked like I backed out of a hedge and I had to throw a jacket on because I was bra-less! Not that anybody could tell, lol. He switched out her DVR box and it looks like we're back in business for "Naked and Afraid"!

Back later...

Comment

Fen - I'm glad that AA is working out for you. I know that it has helped so many people. I haven't completely ruled it out.
                  I still haven't started taking the Nal but I do have a prescription for it. I'm doing ok at the moment but we all know how that goes. I can't get too relaxed or I'll slide right back down that rabbit hole.

Rusty - hope you are home finally! Get some good rest and enjoy yourself!

Mama - I know you're swamped with work but thinking of you.

Liz - are you working today?

Blue - did you go somewhere? Is that why you are offline?

Ok - back to work again.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just my tuppence worth - there is no way that Fen would ever be that mean - truly !!!

Hugs, Sun xx
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sunni - so great to see you again! I do hope that you & Fen stick around. :hug:

I'm so glad that the Nal is working for you! That is fantastic.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Atwork just a quick post. I haven't said anything about Madame and I agree with fen. Whoever it is just wants to throw a monkey wrench in our happy little group. If you have secrets, I don't care. But I will not give it any attention. Thank you fen for posting. I have missed you. I'm glad you are well. I did report this to admin a few days ago.

Comment

Fen and I have made up and I agree she could not be that mean, I said that I was wrong and apologized so I think all is well. Glad she is back.
                          Dinner with Dave tonight then Paul Friday and Saturday I think. Going to music event tomorrow night and food truck rally on Friday night. No clue what we will do on Saturday. Sunday afternoon might be Dave again.
                          They are both nice but I kind of like Paul better and I have no clue why. Dave is in AA and divorced recently so I wonder if I am rebound gal. Paul lost his wife to early Alzheimer's 5 years ago so he gets my issues with my dad and losing a spouse. I know i dont have to choose but I dont like juggling days and dates and what I told whom....we shall see.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                            Fen - I'm glad that AA is working out for you. I know that it has helped so many people. I haven't completely ruled it out
                            I know folks have dissed AA in the past but there are different methods of recovery for everyone. I approach AA with taking what I need from it and leaving the rest behind. So for example, I am not doing 90 meetings in 90 days, but am trying to make one meeting a week and that works for me. When one is absolutely adamant about quitting and not be "wish" /washy about it, one needs to be diligent in quitting. Byrdie shared a statement over at NN yesterday that when she grew a backbone instead of a "wish"bone her life got better. I personally got so tired of "wishing" I could control my drinking when it became apparent that I could not. Where I got so confused and held on for long long was that sometimes I could control it but at least 1x a month I couldn't, and it was that one time where I really could have ruined my life.

As a professional, a DUI would have been deadly for me to have gotten. Our laws where I live are brutal. You can get arrested for one drink if the officer stopping you chose to do that as you are under the influence. Studies show even one drink can impair people (especially women). It was very rare I could stop at one when I went out. So, a girl party ALWAYS meant two. And there were embarrassing times of being a bad example to my teens where I got too drunk in front of them and was a horrible role model at that point in time. I am finding life is so much better now that I am totally present for both of them. Even a slight hangover would make me on edge the next day.

On vacay so no AA meetings so will be checking in there every day to stay strong. Have a good day friends.

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes~)
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

So Dots,in the PM to Fen you said that you drink occasionally and you don't think we're very smart here? I'm confused about this, I didn't think Fen could be Madame,just didn't really fit, but if that's what was said in the PM how would anyone else know?unless maybe you said it to someone else, I dunno
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, Dotts never said that to me.

Dotts and I are fine, we emailed and straightened things out. And she NEVER insulted anyone here and never lapsed in her sobriety, even when her hubs passed away.

Anyway, how are your allergies? Mine are kicking in big time right now. It's nice to see you again. <3
                                Last edited by fennel; August 12, 2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X