No announcement yet.

Let's Kick Each Other's Butts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the fitbit flex Bri,I've thought of upgrading but I like that the flex is small,plus I've got different colors of bands to match outfits(purchased separately)
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bri-
      The Fitbit Flex has no readable display. It has to be synched to a phone or computer to see steps. The Charge is not much bigger than the Flex and does have a readable display. I paid $120 for the Charge about six months ago.
      Thanks for the workout sites. I will look into them. I have been going more towards a HIIT type cardio plan. I don't do it for weight loss as much as my cardio fitness itself.

Comment

Pauly you convinced me to buy a Fitbit. I need to do more cardio but use the excuse that I do cardio during grappling. To be honest although it's good cardio I want to make a program to improve it on a weekly basis, gradually increasing my duration and intensity. Kind of hard to monitor that on a weekly basis. I'll let you guys know how the heart rate one is. Did more cardio and eating less ice cream, hurray for me haha. I can't worry abor gaining weight right now because I am so hungry with my body craving sugar.

Comment

I think I'm going to make the jump and order the Fitbit Flex. I don't really like the size of the newer ones to be honest...and if anything I would want one with the heartrate monitor and that is just too big for me (it's the Charge, right? The one with the heartrate monitor? however...).
          I love the teal one! But I think black would be best...and teal would get dirty - and I can always buy it down the road too.

I didn't do the gym today...and had lots of pasta for dinner. Ugh. The scale went up today...I'm still hungry though. :/
          Oh well.

Comment

I did good all week until yesterday (day off) and today wasn't so great,still getting my steps in though, Bri,the flex doesn't have a heart rate monitor and as Jackie says there's no display screen on it,but I can tap it to see my step progress and it lights up everytime I'm 20% progressed,it buzzes when I hit 10,000 steps,sometimes scares me like a bee or something haha,but I check my phone to see actual steps and sleep,plus type in what I've eaten,although its hard being honest cuz it tells you how many calories I'm over I'll try and eat better this week though,its the damn ice cream I tell you

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey, Pauly, do you type in foods eaten on MFP. I start but never seem to finish out the day. But then later I see on Fitbit icon it shows calories eaten on some days, and I wonder where that came from. They must communicate.

Pretty calm here (FL) although we did have a tornado quite close to us. Minimal damage, thank goodness. Went to Fitness Center, used ET for 100 cal, rowed for 50, and walked on TM for 2 mi. At 8500 steps, will easily make 10k as I'm doing laundry while watching PGA. Wow, Brian Harmon, 2 aces in one day!

I like your idea of increasing weekly, Dutch. I do that, love the results, then go on a trip, get out of my routine, & it takes me a long time to get it back. Happy to say think I got it back!

How you doing, Bri?
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

TMH,myfitnesspal does connect to fitbit but I just use the fitbit food intake on my phone, sounds like you're having a great Sunday my little 2 year old grandson loves watching golf haha

Comment

Hit the FC again today. Lifted wts, ran/walked 2.5 miles, planks, 60 sit-ups, stretch. Good way to start the week?

Pauly, that's funny gs likes to watch golf. Maybe he will want to play! I didn't take up the game until age 60. Love it!

TMH

Comment

Hey, where is everybody? No one working out?

Well didn't love golf so much today. Lots of holes cart path only because of all the rain. We 3 women were behind 3 guys who were so slow so a lot of waiting. Got almost 11K steps in. A good thing.

Comment

Lol I haven't worked out for three days! But will get back at it starting tomorrow as I haven't been feeling all that well.
                      Today is my 30 days too! So I think I will celebrate with a massage.

I have never golfed before TMH. I need to try it before the Summer turns to Winter!

Comment

Oh! I did weigh the other day and have lost 12lbs!

Comment

Wow, Bri, that's terrific! How much of that weight loss do you attribute to being AF? If I would get myself there, I think I could maintain where I want to be. As it is, I'm a couple pounds up.

Happy for you!

Comment

Dang Bri I'm jealous!! last week I got 96,000 steps,this week isn't too great been fighting a cold/allergies and just have no mojo,luckily feeling sick I don't feel like eating much but still,I love to exercise and I feel sorta meh when I don't

Comment

Still fighting whatever this crap is,one day feel good so I'll get a workout in, next day feelhhorrendous and don't do much,grrr

Comment

Hey, Pauly, I hear you. I keep plugging away, coughing my fool head off & blaming my allergies and/or asthma. Normal inhaler use is 1-2X/day. As of late it is more like 12-15X/day. On the way to church this a.m. Dh said you know, I think you have a cold, it's not either allergies or asthma. Hhhmmm, what a concept.

So today no walks, no golf, no cleaning! May do a bit of laundry but am going to just rest this body. Have Folds of Honor golf tourney tomorrow.

Let's take a day of rest!

Comment

Working...
                                X