X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed TMH
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sorry!!!
      How did I miss this?!
      So here is my theory on my weight loss if anyone wants to listen (lol) and this is what happened to me when I lost 50lbs last year when I was 8 months sober.
      In the beginning it's hard as hell to lose any sort of weight. I am pretty sure it's because when we suddenly stop drinking, we deprive our bodies of all those excess calories. I used to consume over 1,000 calories a day in just booze, and then I made shitty food choices on top of that...so when I quit...I usually can't get the scale down at all. I am assuming it's because my body is wondering "what?! what the hell is going on here, where did all my calories go!?!"...slowly then, after eating healthy and working out, the weight begins to melt off (I used to see this at around month 2ish).
      So...this 12lbs I will say is because of dedication at the gym and eating as healthy as I possibly can...but I still fluctuate up and down. We'll see if this is the case...at around 2 months or so if I lose more weight.
      I know the 50lbs last year had a lot to do with quitting the drinking for sure...but I'm getting older now and more sedentary..but am trying.

TMH and Pauly - ugh..yesterday I felt so crappy!! I just sat on the couch all day...my allergies are beginning to slowly kick in too as Fall approaches.
      If I read this thread before I probably would have passed on the gym but I burnt my legs out (and almost puked to boot)...back at home now. Doing laundry as well and will have a huge salad at around 2 or 3ish...trying to eat earlier on weekends.
      I always eat late on weekdays because I don't get home until 6:30pm or 7. Ugh.

Comment

i am so frustrated!!!!!!!! >
        i am back at 150 for FS! > WHY WHY WHYWWHWYWHWYWYWYWYWYWYY!?!?!

I have been eating and doing so well!! I've really cut my calories down...and I know what I wrote yesterday and should practice what I preach but gawddammit I worked hard and it's been a damn month! And only like, freaking 10lbs!?! WTF!!
        Yesterday I had a couple coffees and a huge salad at around 3pm...and I worked out at the gym for an hour, hardcore, sweating buckets and everything...and I lost 0.2lbs?!!
        This is so frustrating...and so so so often I feel like giving up....but I know I can't.
        GRRRRRRR.

Another day anyway...
        Although I really really want to eat a HUGE bowl of mashed potatoes....

Comment

If you guys have time, check out this site: http://drhyman.com/. This doctor is into funtional medicine, which basically means treating the cause not the symptom. I've seen amazing results with just cutting out some allergen foods. Might be worth a 'look/see'. I struggle with SAD but since cutting out gluten, I've noticed I'm not feeling that overwhelming "blue" feeling as much or at all at times. BG did the 10 day detox and felt amazing. We can do anything for 10 days, right? And if we feel better after doing it we are more likely to stick with it, right?

Hope you all have a great day!!

Comment

Hey ginger thanks I'm going to check it out.
            I'm. 5 2 and I way 110 lbs. since reaching menopause I have gained 5 very stubborn pounds. I don't it doesn't sound like much but I have always exercised and eaten well. I have resigned myself to the new fuller me. Sadly my doctor tells me this is fairly typical in menopause.
            Bri, my daughter who is a fitness freak tells me it's 70% what you eat and 30% what you eat. Hubby and I will be taking a hoola hoop class in October. Just trying to mix it up a bit.

Comment

*should be 30% exercise.

Comment

Thanks Liz - I definitely know that it's all about nutrition (studying it actually! going to be writing my final exam soon and am dreading it!)...but it's oftentimes harder to take your own advice. Mind you, I have been eating really well...staying away from processed/refined foods, anything that may trigger allergies or water retention - I'm mindful of combining my foods as well (for example, eating fruits away from other foods to avoid fermentation and putrefaction in the gut)....etc etc etc...
                But for some damn reason, my body will NOT LET GO OF THE POUNDS. >
                It's infuriating!
                Lol.

Will look at my diet a little more closely...maybe need to give up the little things here and there...I just don't want to be *completely* miserable, lol.

Hula hoop classes sound like a blast!

Comment

Thanks for the link Ginger. I am going to look into doing the 10 day cleanse. I have cut out most processed foods already and I feel much better.

I do want to lose weight but my main concern is my overall health. I know years of drinking depleted my body of much needed vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. I was having a lot of muscle twitches which I have attributed to a lack of magnesium.

Our bodies need whole foods to function. I believe clean eating combined with exercise will lead to weight loss.

Comment

GAHHH!!! I gained 1.4lbs since yesterday. WTF?!
                    Anyways...ate healthy enough today...and kicked my legs ass at the gym again today...

I'm still hungry. Lol.

Comment

I've gained 2 lbs going in the wrong direction here! Still been exercising but think I'm overeating in an attempt to feel better,haven't been sleeping properly either,this fat feels stuck like glue

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lol. Pauly I hear ya on that 100%!
                        I've been eating pretty clean but still gaining!! >
                        Anyways....I weighed in today...went down 0.2lbs...even though I kicked ass in the gym again...and ate so well...
                        Let's try this again tomorrow.

I am hardcore craving an ENTIRE pizza right now.....

Comment

In same boat, guys! Have not been working out except for a little golf. Sure my coughing is annoying. I saw my chiro yest thinking getting adjusted would help me to heal. Looking forward to some more energy, makes you realize that as mundane some chores are, having the strength to do them is welcome.

A week ago,we bought a vintage hutch. It's still empty, and I cannot tell you how much I looked forward to getting our good crystal, dishes out of our other condo (rented it out during season) and setting this up.just an example. It will come.

Let's start kicking butt again soon! Have a great weekend!

TMH
                          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Update: only got in 9 holes of golf on Sat b4 the rains came. Yest I managed 6 or 7 min on ET, then walked on TM for 3 mi. Pouring rain outside. Socks & shoes were still wet this a.m. Just from walking across the street in it.

Got out just after 8a for a 2 mi walk, then lifted wts, did planks, situps, stretched. Glad to say little more energy altho still coughing a lot. How's everyone doing?

Comment

Only got 6,000 steps this morning but I'll try to move a little more a work and this afternoon, a boring breakfast of fruit mixed with all one (bleh) gluten free oatmeal(plain,bleh) and almond milk with the fruitshake thingie

Comment

Giving in - going to see the dr. This afternoon. Dh thinks I have walking pneumonia, but you know how drs. like you to tell them what's wrong. Cough just isn't getting any better.

Good news is I started my UD/DD or ADF & am back to losing weight. On DD I try have only 500 calories with unlimited fruits/veggies. UD is harder, hard to get to 1800 calories without eating some junk.

Hello..........How is everyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X