No announcement yet.

The Three Principles Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LC and Bear, you are two of the people who I thought were open-minded and who might benefit from the 3Ps so I'm really glad to see you've stopped by.

No matter how busy a person is, there's time for this because other than reading or watching videos as time allows, like Kuya says, there's nothing to do. I love immersing myself in things I'm interested in so I've been doing that with the 3Ps over the last several days on a solo trip and have enjoyed it immensely. I've done this in the past on trips or vacations with practices like meditation or a new exercise routine that I wasn't able to sustain when I got back to my normal, sometimes overly-full, life. I'm not worried about losing this, though, and will look forward to expanding my understanding through my own thoughts, reading, and watching as my time and motivation allow. The pressure is OFF in so many ways - which is what I've been looking for all along!

Comment

In the US we have to memorize all of the multiplications from 1x1 through 12x12 in second grade. This turns out to be useful because for the rest of our lives, we know that 4x3=12 and 8x12=96 immediately - the answers are stored in a certain part of our brains. But I remember having to practice daily, fill out sheet after sheet of multiplication tables, and take quizzes each day.. It took weeks before the whole class made it through 12x12. Being the kind of kid I was, this was very stressful and I lived in dread of making a mistake. I also became very worried about the number 13 because I had no idea what I would do with it.

In third or fourth grade, we learned how to multiply. For me, that was such a relief! I don't know what 123x355 is but I can figure it out (to be honest, I don't even know my multiples of 13). But I don't have to practice it daily so I'll know it immediately in the future, either. There are "principles of multiplication" that once you know them, you're set.

I'm thinking/hoping the 3Ps are like that.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        Thanks Kuya I watched both of those Rudi Kennard films and they are very good.

Even though I have a cold and feel pretty rough my mind has not sunk into a low and I have not gone out looking for stuff to medicate with. That is a massive first for me.
        Oh my I am SOOOOO pleased for you! :welldone:

Insight can come in all forms...including a cold

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
          In the US we have to memorize all of the multiplications from 1x1 through 12x12 in second grade. This turns out to be useful because for the rest of our lives, we know that 4x3=12 and 8x12=96 immediately - the answers are stored in a certain part of our brains. But I remember having to practice daily, fill out sheet after sheet of multiplication tables, and take quizzes each day.. It took weeks before the whole class made it through 12x12. Being the kind of kid I was, this was very stressful and I lived in dread of making a mistake. I also became very worried about the number 13 because I had no idea what I would do with it.

In third or fourth grade, we learned how to multiply. For me, that was such a relief! I don't know what 123x355 is but I can figure it out (to be honest, I don't even know my multiples of 13). But I don't have to practice it daily so I'll know it immediately in the future, either. There are "principles of multiplication" that once you know them, you're set.

ns...that is very strange I too remember having to recite the tables parrot fashion..thinking when the hell is this going to be any use..we used to have to learn up to 12 x12...but somewhere along the line my interest was caught..and I ended up doing all my tables up to 20 x20...but I see there is a move over here to stop children learning them and having to repeat them......the reason?If they havent learned them,and get them wrong..it could embarass them..how things have changed!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
            ns...that is very strange I too remember having to recite the tables parrot fashion..thinking when the hell is this going to be any use..we used to have to learn up to 12 x12...but somewhere along the line my interest was caught..and I ended up doing all my tables up to 20 x20...but I see there is a move over here to stop children learning them and having to repeat them......the reason?If they havent learned them,and get them wrong..it could embarass them..how things have changed!!
            My daughter, who got A* in her maths GCSE last year, cannot do a single thing in maths without a calculator and seems to not relate any of her knowledge to the real world *sigh*

Having said that I find she and her peers much more savvy about the world than we were. They ARE concerned about issues like war and poverty. They are going to have to mop up the mess our generation created......I feel for them.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

I have read and reread this post and I cannot answer to the long term as I have only been in this understanding for a few months.
              What I do gain from listening to those years ahead is that the understanding changes over time.... so I dont think it is about practicing in a learning type way.

I think it is more like being a baby learning to walk, we learn because we gain freedom by walking and everyone learns at their own rate.

Apparently I did not crawl at all and just sat on my arse until I was nearly 24 months old. My mum thought I was damaged! She used to leave me sitting playing alone, safe in the knowledge that I was not going anywhere.

Then one day she came back in the living room where she had left me and I had gotten up and walked out of the front door and down the street!

Everyone who wants to will learn their way easily at their own pace... there is no need to 'study' just sit back and enjoy!

Comment

That's what I like - there's no need to practice or be quizzed! There's nothing to memorize.

Sounds like you walked when you were good and ready, Kuya.

Comment

Originally posted by kuya View Post
                  "Somebody should have told us" (simple truths for living well) by Jack Pransky.

This is a great little book, quite clear and inspiring and written by one of the founding group of principle work.

Highly recommend
                  Good recommendation - thanks.

Comment

Further book reviews

"Invisible Power" Ken Manning et al

A great book for showing how many trainers are coaching big business in the modern world and producing fantastic results. Not so much a learning about the 3Ps as an applications of them. Still well written though and an easy read.

" Do Nothing" Damian Smith
                    I don't recommend this book. Muddled and not well put together.

"Paradigm shift- a history of the three principles" George Pransky
                    As the title says, it is the history of the discovery and then dissemination of three principles from the 1970's until today. I found it interesting and genuine....showing that these guys are simply human, with human reactions and wants and needs and faults. It shows a transparency in these people that is reassuring but it is not a stimulating read! LOL

Comment

Another couple of Michael Neill videos

Michael Neill - Relationships and the Three Principles ... - YouTube
                      https://www.youtube.com › watch

Michael Neill is a coach, adviser, friend, mentor, and creative spark plug to celebrities, CEOs and royalty from the United Nations and five continents aroun...

I love watching this guy........always makes me smile

Comment

Thanks Kuya. I am looking forward to researching Jack Pransky. I agree about Michael Neil. He is easy to watch

Comment

hi there,I've read the Michael Neill book in a day,and watched his you tube.I loved his you tube - I think I'm not 'getting it' after reading book.

I've ordered 'somebody should have told us' - is it literally just we create our reality,so we watch those negative thoughts,and remind ourselves of them being just thoughts.

I started Jamie Smart 'clarity' but it seems to have a work focus which I want to get out of my head in spare time - so think I'll go with Jack.
                          Am I missing it,what do i do when I feel anxious,just watch it,in a mindful way?
                          I'm really interested - I can see that I'm 'desperate to get it' - which is the opposite of the point of it!!

Thanks for sharing I'm liking it so far,just frustrated that I'm not 100% enlightened by day 2,how out of character for me
                          one day at a time

Comment

I was talking with my son tonight and he was saying how he and his wife are 'reading' Jamie Smart "Clarity" using an audio reader.

I had suggested this to him as he was never a big reader and she is from Colombia and whilst her spoken English is good reading is harder. They listen to a chapter a couple of times to let it sink in.

He had been very cynical about the whole thing at first and hadn't even looked at links I sent, it was only after seeing my changes that he decided to, at least, look at "Clarity".

As we were chatting we were both aware of the changes that had already taken place in him, he is a worrier and very sensitive but is finding it easier to let things be.

We were also sharing that different things work better with different people. I have a visual imagination so prefer analogies and stories.

I came across these today that may help people visualise the concepts better

Three Principles by Sydney Banks - Animated by CoachCafe.no - YouTube

Three Principles by Sydney Banks - Animated by CoachCafe.no - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by bear73 View Post
                              hi there,I've read the Michael Neill book in a day,and watched his you tube.I loved his you tube - I think I'm not 'getting it' after reading book.

I've ordered 'somebody should have told us' - is it literally just we create our reality,so we watch those negative thoughts,and remind ourselves of them being just thoughts.

I started Jamie Smart 'clarity' but it seems to have a work focus which I want to get out of my head in spare time - so think I'll go with Jack.
                              Am I missing it,what do i do when I feel anxious,just watch it,in a mindful way?
                              I'm really interested - I can see that I'm 'desperate to get it' - which is the opposite of the point of it!!

Thanks for sharing I'm liking it so far,just frustrated that I'm not 100% enlightened by day 2,how out of character for me
                              Haha Bear, so funny but so true of most of us, me included.

We live in such an impatient age but I will tell you I have calmed down so much after only a few months....it is such a relief.
                              I found exactly the same, Michael Neill is great to listen to but commercial to read . Jamie Smart is great on all fronts. I understand your hesitation about Jamie's book because I thought EXACTLY the same (that this was aimed at coaching business people) but I was wrong and I think he made it sound that way to widen the market appeal but it is, in fact, far clearer than Neill on the essence of the three principles.

Read it...I promise it will not disappoint.

Three principles tells you HOW the mind works, HOW you create reality and where your feelings really come from.

It is not mindfulness, although you WILL create more space to be mindful.

It is not positive thinking although you will end up thinking more positively.

Mindfulness is a cake. Positive thinking is a biscuit.

Three principles is the oven.
                              Last edited by kuya; December 8, 2015, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Mindfulness is a cake. Positive thinking is a biscuit.
                                Three principles is the oven.
                                I like that analogy. I've tried "cooking" so many things and have liked many of them very much - exercise, yoga, meditation, breathing techniques, reading/writing affirmations, etc. - but just couldn't stick with doing them them daily or at least habitually. I certainly couldn't do them all all the time and so was influenced by the most recent successful approach I'd heard or read about. It seemed like so many different things worked for different people, how could I ever figure out which group I fit into???

This idea is freeing. I can "cook" whatever I want, whenever I want, and enjoy it, but I don't have to and skipping for a period of time or doing something different doesn't undo whatever progress I thought I'd made.

I'm buried in work and tasks today and don't think I'll be cooking any "treats" but for once, I'm ok with that. And don't feel sort of sick about all I have to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X