No announcement yet.

The Three Principles Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent example, Kuya - that made it much clearer. I guess we've all had glimpses of that - like times when my kids did something pretty funny but annoying and it made me laugh and even say how lucky they were that they didn't do it when I'd had a bad day. On some level I was aware of what you described.

I'm sorry you're still feeling bad, El. I hope you watch or read something here that helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
      Excellent example, Kuya - that made it much clearer. I guess we've all had glimpses of that - like times when my kids did something pretty funny but annoying and it made me laugh and even say how lucky they were that they didn't do it when I'd had a bad day. On some level I was aware of what you described.

I'm sorry you're still feeling bad, El. I hope you watch or read something here that helps you.
      And that is often the case with this new paradigm, people will often recognise that they "know" this already. It is the implication that has been missed.

For thousands upon thousands of years mankind had watched things fall to the ground yet it took until 1665 for Newton to give this into "law"... that gravity works all the time, everywhere in the universe. It is a principle.

Likewise when you realise that you often feel differently about the same event it PROVES the principle that your feelings are coming from inside you.

This knowledge flies in the face of EVERYTHING most believe. "I will be happy when..... (insert have more money, have a boyfriend, have a better job, have a child etc etc)

Our consumer driven world is built on the fantasy that THINGS make you happy.... you dont have to become a Zen monk to still accept and be liberated by the knowledge that THINGS DO NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY.

So if your feelings are coming from inside you (and have nothing to do with outside circumstances) then your search for happiness is over... it was also inside you all the time!

Comment

Have any of you seen this documentary:The Film | I AM The Documentary | Official Site ? It compliments many of the things we've been discussing here.

Comment

Have any of you seen this documentary:The Film | I AM The Documentary | Official Site ? It compliments many of the things we've been discussing here.
          That looks really interesting... I can't wait to watch it

Comment

I've watched it 4 times -once on my own and then to be sure each member of my family watched it. They aren't doco-nerds like I am but I felt like this one was important enough to be a little bit pushy. Turns out they all loved it and were affected by it, too. Plus, parts are really funny.

Comment

Originally posted by kuya View Post
              T

Haha Satzy I have never denied the spiritual just the dogma of a personal god, the content of religious books etc, which I still think is BS.
              I am a vet and I see the miracle of the life force in my job every day....I just never realised it extended to the mind as intuition.
              I knew there was a profound reason why I like you Kuya. A vet. One of the noblest professions out there. I salute you !

Comment

NS thanks for this. My viewing for tonight !!

Comment

Originally posted by kuya View Post
                  T

Haha Satzy I have never denied the spiritual just the dogma of a personal god, the content of religious books etc, which I still think is BS.
                  I am a vet and I see the miracle of the life force in my job every day....I just never realised it extended to the mind as intuition.
                  Excellent - we are on the same page :thumbs:
                  This is stuff I have been reading & listening to on audio from a different source- but the same message....

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                    I tried to access NS's movie but maybe need to look again -- I feel maybe I'm not clever enough for this thread -- I'm a very simple soul and I like when things are explained by examples rather than abstract concepts --
                    could this be it ?
                    Dunno Molly....could it simply be that you have found peace and it is hard to accept that there really is nothing really wrong with your life.

Perhaps, like me, it is time to do more for others.

I am kinda realising that now I am sober and there is nothing wrong in my life I really need to get off my butt and help others....painful reality but true eh?
                    Last edited by kuya; December 3, 2015, 05:59 AM.

Comment

'We Are'

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                        'We Are'
                        :smile: you must have seen it already, Mr G.

Comment

:smile: you must have seen it already, Mr G.
                          Not yet SB. But I like the sound of it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Molly, that is exactly the kind of anticipating I do and I think it sets me up to both look for the problem and then overreact to it (because I was already primed to be upset).

Maybe he thinks what is looming is awful, too, so he feels bad, gets tired and is a big grump about it. His reality isn't all that great either!

I guess I'm not sure how the 3P's help us not be affected by others' situations and emotions.

Comment

Molly, maybe you can search on "I Am". I saw it on Amazon and Netflix in the US.

Satz, what have you been watching and reading?

Comment

Not sure about that Ted talk. I guess we are all different but he made me a bit anxious talking so fast, pacing and moving his hands about. Also, why is he dressed like a plumber?
                                Synthetic happiness? Not sure I really believe the results if his scientific research.
                                Anyway, think I am going to throw myself into my linear perspective book and be happy we don't live in California.
                                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                                X