~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Florida is in full on rainy season. One minute it’s sunny and the next minute there is a downpour. Yesterday I ran errands all around the rain and sunshine. Crazy. QW I would be interested in hearing how your grill works. I am finding that the electric ones cant compare to gas or charcoal. We are not allowed either to have anything other than electric. So I have been making steaks in my air fryer. (Not the same for sure). Ginger, hope you have a good trip and safe travels. Big Al, how are you doing? Hope everyone has a great Monday. Beach day for us until it rains. Too crowded on the weekends. I guess that is one of the perks of retirement. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Enjoy the beach Rava hope everyone has a wonderful AF day no matter what the weather is haha!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My barbecue is to be delivered Thursday. Wish my Cafe friends could come for some Alberta beef! Steak is on the menu. I’ve never cooked on a natural gas grill before but I’m looking forward to never having to lug a propane bottle again.

Cool, wet weather continues for today. Off for a walk anyway!

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning friends! Made it to Bend; cool and overcast but that won't stop us from exploring. It's a beautiful area!

QW, enjoy that new BBQ! Hubby likes his steaks in the air fryer, burgers too. I don't eat either so have no opinion. I wonder if he likes them because he doesn't have to cook them when I do them for him in the air fryer. Hmmm sneaky guy!

The people we are camping with are BIG drinkers and I used to keep right up with them. They are all good with my abstinence and aren't aware of my occasional slips so they don't bug me about "just have one glass". Thank goodness! I'm up at 6:15a and already having coffee. Everyone else is still crashed. Hope they rally soon to get this day started!!

24 down and 24 more, please!

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. Been struggling here lately and not sure why.

All I can do is just not drink today. So, 24 for me please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & Alberta beef lovers. We all struggle at times [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Feel it, let it flow and it will pass. I found that as I continued doing that I was able to control my reaction to it. It actually strengthened me. I hope that makes sense. I am teeing off at 9:30 today with my foursome. It is going to be a lovely day here. Another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings

P.S. if you’d like to chat with me [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] just go ahead and PM me. Actually, I will extend that invitation to anyone in this group.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sitting on my back porch listening to a wicked early morning thunderstorm. Much needed rain for the crops!
                [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], techie had some excellent advice regarding cravings. Sometimes just letting yourself really feel the urge and acknowledge it for what it is, often works well. Keep moving forward!

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning. Big Al we totally understand. My weakness comes from thinking I can moderate so my brain goes back and forth between trying to convince myself that I can when in reality I have tried that so many times and know I can’t. Damn booze!!!!! Yet every time I slip it’s because I think “I got this.” All I got is another trip down the freaking rabbit hole. I then climb out and have to start day 1 over and over. This Sunday will be 30 days so I’m gonna just stay on this path for now. Stay strong and keep watching Annie grace videos and reading the chat boxes for extra support. Stay with us if you can. There are so so many people just like us. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you….
                  Last edited by Rava; June 8, 2021, 06:10 AM. Reason: Wrong day.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the pic [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Makes me wish I was sitting on that beach!

We all know how hard it can be [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], but we also know that it can be done taking it one day at a time!

Not much difference using natural gas instead of propane [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] except that you never run out of natural gas right in the middle of cooking those steaks lol.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; June 8, 2021, 06:34 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I appreciate the offer. One of the weird things this last year of covid has done to me is to make it much more difficult for my already introverted self to reach out to others. It made me smile to read your post. I had a good almost 40 days under my belt and the lid came off. It's like once that seal is broken, or the momentum is lost it is hard to get past the 3 day mark again. Today will be day 3.

I have been trying to be more mindful of what I am thinking and experiencing, trying to put it into a more positive light and not let myself be my own worst enemy.

Well, all I can do is just not drink today, and try to let some of the good stuff fill me up instead of spending so much time on the bad.

I appreciate the support everyone. 24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you,

Great beach pic Rava. The only way I can think of to improve would be if I was there, in my beach chair, with a cran/7UP!

Big Al, one day at a time is what helps most of us. Stay strong and if you need us, we’re here for you and each other. Often times, we are our own worst enemies, it’s that damned AV that convinces us that just one won’t hurt. And we know where that leads.

More rain forecast for later this morning so I’m off for a walk before 7.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Another 24 for me. I am screaming busy today. Blessings x
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great pic, Rava!

Well, BigAl, I'm in the same boat this morning. I mindfully drank last night with our friends. I say that because I thought it all the way through before I did it. I had two and stopped. Slept well and woke up fine. EXCEPT....I feel like a failure. So today I'll dust myself off and start again.

May we all get there and stay there some day. 24 please

Comment

Working...
                                X