No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For as long as I can remember I used to drink Budweiser beer, usually the high test, not the diet type, yet I actually enjoy watching the Bud commercials without having any triggers. It's the Corona beer commercials that get my mouth watering, but I think it has to do with the slice of lime perched on the top of the bottle. So I tell myself it's the lime I'm craving, not the beer lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

PSA - everyone, please have your dryer vents checked and cleaned! We knew there was a lint build up because of the way the dryer performed but what was cleaned out yesterday surprised us. There was even a Bic lighter in the bottom of the dryer, below the drum. For $150, the peace of mind in having a fire hazard minimized is worth every cent.

Alcohol ads don’t bother me anymore, even though they’re everywhere and frequent. The cost of booze obviously includes the funds needed to peddle the poison!

Off for a walk. Have a great af Friday everyone. Today is the first day of Calgary Stampede so, yahoooo to all my Cafe friends.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow, QW! That's scary. Glad you checked it out.

Another crazy day here! Off I go! 24 more, please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and all with clean dryer vents. QW, muchas gracias. So 108f today & 111f tomorrow. YIKES. I ran a 20k this morning. It was hot at 6am. In all honesty, if I do this triathlon, it WILL be my last. All the injuries I have endured over the years have conspired to make my life extremely challenging. I survive by regular visits to my Orthopedic team @ Stanford. Also weekly acupuncture, sports massage, and occasional chiropractic adjustments. I’m not whining, I’m just starting to get real about an older body that still thinks it’s mid thirties. I’m not really sure what drives me to continually subject myself to sports that are extreme in many ways. There is something uniquely special to me in the excitement of an event. I simply think that is it. So. enough bloviating from me. Also, thank you for listening. Most importantly, another 24 for me. I wish you all a wonderful day. Blessings x
          Last edited by techie; July 9, 2021, 10:34 AM.
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Holy Kamackerel, I forgot to mention that we were rocked by an earthquake yesterday. I was in my doctors office when the whole office started to shake. He had never experienced an earthquake before and I knew he was freaked out. It was a 6.0 and as of twenty minutes ago, there have been over 20 aftershocks. It certainly adds excitement to one’s life!
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Wow! That's wild, Techie! We don't have earthquakes around here much, but they do happen occasionally.

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Techie, I saw that there was an earthquake in CA. So glad you are ok. I can’t even imagine how scary that must be. It sounds like with all the orthopedic problems this last triathlon is good to be your last. The older we get the less we need to be injured. I don’t know how young you are but age really is not good on old injuries! QW thanks for the PSA about the dryer vent. Good to know. Especially buying someone else’s condo. You have no idea they way they kept it before you. Hope everyone has a great and non drinking day. Its really hot here so I’m in the AC relaxing. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Today was a good day because it was hard. I ended a three day long negotiation with a particularly belligerent client and was just glad for it to be over. That little voice in my head said "Hey, it's been kind of fun doing this no alcohol thing but maybe it's time to get back with the program". So I fought that voice, let it come, let it go, let it come again, let it go again; and as I sit here typing this post I have won. Sorry there Alcohol Voice, this is not just a passing fling of sobriety.

I will read a couple of chapters of the new book I started, get a good night's sleep, and wake up clear headed in the morning. So, with that said, I hope everyone had a wonderful Friday, and 24 more for me please and thanks.

Oh, and Techie, glad you're OK. We lived in San Diego for a few years and I felt the slightest tremor just once. I can't imagine what a 6.0 feels like!

Comment

Wow techie! That must have been scary! I'm so glad that you are OK!

Thanks for the advice on the dryer vents QW. I guess a little preventative measure can save a whole lot of grief and possibly your life down the road!

Well, I dodged a bullet yesterday. The hubby and I were at a gathering for a friend at a local restaurant, and of course they had an open bar. The alcohol voice was roaring in my head like a pissed off bear, but I made it through unscathed. It was really tough but I made it through by drinking lots of cranberry/seltzer. Woke up with a clear head and conscience. Whew!

I'd be Grateful for another sober please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday. So happy Big Al and Jude that you both managed to slay the beast. Great job!!! Hope everyone has a great day. My stepson is coming for a visit so I’m looking forward to seeing him. He does not drink so there is no temptation. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I've never felt any earthquakes [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], been through a tornado or two, but never an earthquake. Can't even imagine what that would feel like!

Good job both of you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! You've got those sober muscles working!

Have I mentioned how sick I am of this heat!! And we have another 7 - 10 day heat wave upon us now! The crops are burning up, the hay crops are very poor, even the lawns are turning brown and there's a water restriction on so can't even water them. No rain in sight, just more hot weather! I'm afraid of what our power bill is going to look like as the a/c has been running so much this past month as well as fridges and freezers.

It's so hard to watch Bubba's dad deteriorate so rapidly, just 4 months ago he was walking down the hall to go for meals in the Senior's Manor and now he's basically confined to a bed or wheelchair wearing a diaper in a long term care facility relying on others to help him with daily routines. His Parkinson's has progressed rapidly as well, no longer able to feed himself or even move from bed to wheelchair by himself. He's becoming delusional now and his loud behavior is coming back so they have put him back on his anti-psychotic meds which are not good combined with his Parkinson's meds. He's having trouble chewing and swallowing without choking so his food has to be minced almost like baby food. We're hoping that a bed opens up in the long-term care center here in Vegreville so that he can be closer to us to visit more often.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that's so heartbreaking about your FIL.

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], enjoy your visit with your stepson.

[MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], good for you on fighting back the beast. I can't say the same. Had two glasses of wine last night sitting around with hubby. My heads just not in the game right now. But I'll keep trying and checking in! 24 would be lovely!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude & Big Al, you’re doing great. Jude, I think sometimes I act like a pissed off bear! My family would likely agree and, since I delivered a letter to the condo board the other day expressing my displeasure at the recent removal of trees, they too would likely agree!

Ginger, was your decision to have a couple of glasses of wine planned or spur of the moment? Good for you stopping at two. Like others here, I don’t think I could stop at just a couple. Remember, every day you don’t drink, you succeed and the beast loses. Stay strong! Looking forward to seeing more pics of your piece of paradise!!

Cowboy, so sorry your fil is deteriorating so fast. One of the biggest challenges in living with Parkinson’s is managing the meds, a constant struggle Mrs QW faces regularly. Doctors are quick to prescribe drugs and I wonder if enough study is given to drug interactions. I think it’s a good idea to have a pharmacist look at all meds a person is taking to look for possible interactions.
                              Hopefully a long term bed soon becomes available in Vegreville.

Sunny & hot here too so an early walk is next on my agenda.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and heat haters everywhere. Will keep your FIL in light and prayer [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Such a dreadful and frightening disease. It has ravaged my relatives and family friends. Ok, this heat stuff. Here in Cali, we can’t buy a drop of rain. Everything is extremely dry and it sets the stage for disaster. I live in a high risk area and wildfire is a continual consideration. We have our “go bags” updated and easily accessible. We have canceled our Monday tee time due to the excessive heat. The pool is a much more reasonable option. So, in this HOT July day it’ll be another 24 for me. Have a wonderful day folks. Blessings x

P.S. I welcome you to roast some coffee beans on my back deck [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Hahaha
                                Last edited by techie; July 10, 2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X