~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

ABC, that was a well attended service. Sorry for your loss.

Headed to the beach! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Olympic binge watchers. Yes, another hot day. Off on a run in a bit then going to the range to hit a bucket or two. My condolences, ABC. I’ll take a grateful 24 more. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good afternoon cafe friends. Rough couple of days for me. Sober Sunday, gives lots of time to beat the crap out of myself. Anyway, just want to move forward. 24 for me please.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
          Good afternoon cafe friends. Rough couple of days for me. Sober Sunday, gives lots of time to beat the crap out of myself. Anyway, just want to move forward. 24 for me please.
          Reframe your comment about beating yourself up. Honor yourself for the next sober 24. You are doing it. When you consider it a blessing, the gratitude naturally follows.
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Your comments about beef brisket and steaks made my mouth water [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I haven't had a steak in a long time as the price has gone sky high! I looked at a some ribeye steaks the other day and they wanted $50.00 for 2 pieces! Yikes!

Looks like it will be another 24 hours without booze or steaks!

Comment

We have had steak here but it was out of the freezer and was bought several months ago. Steak prices have gone thru the roof here too, Jude! We are going to be getting our 1/2 side of beef in the next week to put in our freezer. I'll let you all know how much the cost was once it is all said and done.

Doing a little better here mostly by keeping busy. And by keeping my mind engaged with podcasts and books. Thanks to you all for being here and for caring.

QW, I hope it isn't an egg shell day for you today. I envy you having a Chef in the family!

BigAl, Techie is right on. Beating yourself up doesn't help. I've tried it. Be gentle with yourself.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; July 26, 2021, 05:50 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Last edited by abcowboy; July 26, 2021, 06:28 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's tough not to beat yourself up [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], as [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, we've all done it. I think it's natural to feel disappointed when we can't seem to do something we want to do. Use that disappointment as a tool to keep moving forward, don't let it remind you that you can't seem to get the job done. You can get it done as long as you keep trying!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I haven't looked at beef prices in a while, our freezer is still pretty well stocked with moose. I think you'll see beef prices come down as there will be a lot of Canadian beef on the market soon as a lot of ranchers will be forced to sell because of the hay and feed shortage. Pork prices are very good right now so Bubba has stocked up on the pork cuts that we like.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Heading to the car dealership for some kind of recall repair on my car. Its a 3 hour repair. They said they will take me by van anywhere within a 10 mile radius. I think I will have them just bring me home. It’s a lot cheaper than the mall. Big Al, love your honesty. Just stay with us and focus on your successes and not your slip ups. I bet you are still doing a hell of a lot better than in the past. Wishing everyone an AF day and start to the week. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, we’ve all been where you are. As Rava pointed out, you’re still doing a hell of a lot better than in the past. Remember to celebrate your successes! Every day we don’t drink, we win and the beast loses.

Jude, that’s expensive steak! The side of beef we’ve ordered is costing us $4.59 a pound, same price as last year. And our butcher knows every farmer he buys from, regularly visits their farms and is meticulous in aging, cutting and wrapping the meat.

Off to a much needed chiropractic appointment in our old stomping grounds this mornng.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Monday, another 24! Hope everyone has a great day
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Beautiful coastal weather! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rump roast lovers. It is golfing Monday for me. I’m hoping to have a good round with temps mid 90’s and cloud cover. About this sobriety thing. When we can get the monkey mind (ego) to quiet down and stay present, our soul takes over. It is like a blissful autopilot that turns on. Your soul is accessible anytime you stay present, and create the space to allow it. Remember we are just spiritual beings having a human experience. Our true nature is love. The quantum field or the divine is pure love. The only thing that stands in our way in the ego mind. So, another grateful 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. I recommend these two books for those interested:

The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton

Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza
                              Last edited by techie; July 26, 2021, 09:38 AM. Reason: Added book

Comment

Sober Monday. I guess I'm still just trying to fill spaces. I used to be so interested in everything. Music, science, coding, rebuilding cars, golf. There was never a time when I was not researching something, or planning something, or playing bluegrass with my friends, and on and on. I am now absent of anything, well anything other than bewilderment. I realize that time will start to fill voids, and I am so very much looking forward to that. In the meantime I just want to go to bed early because well, I would rather be asleep than awake.

Looking from the outside in it's a pretty pitiful existence. But, silver lining, at least I am sober. I really want to be sober tomorrow as well. So 24 more for me please and thanks. And I really hope that interests start to bloom again.

Comment

Working...
                                X