No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], something we all need reminding of as we go through difficult and emotional times. My thoughts will be with you today...

What's the real estate situation like down there [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Will you have to sit on your house for a while before it sells? And house hunting is never easy, luckily that decision was made for me when we moved to Veg!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Thinking of you today Dill. Wishing everyone a peaceful and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I think that your decision to stay home was a wise one [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I'm sure that your brother would understand.

Almost a foot of snow on the ground with lots more on the way! Guess it's a good day to stay in and read!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Dill, love the quote and I'm thinking of you 5:39 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, great quote, reminded me of Desiderata. We’ll be thinking of you today.

Mrs QW said she thinks she’s exhibiting signs of dementia, common in 50-80% of people with Parkinson’s. Great. I’ve noticed the signs but it’s a first that she’s mentioned this herself, making the move to downsize that much more important.

The housing market here is soft Cowboy. As any realtor will tell you, the houses that are selling are the ones that are priced right. In the almost 8 years we’ve been here, we’ve maintained and improved our house. I expect we won’t fully recover what we’ve invested but regardless, the move is necessary.
            I recall from my days in consumer lending saying that there are 3 factors to consider when valuating a property - what the seller thinks it’s worth, what appraisers/realtors think it’s worth and what someone is willing to pay. The last is the only one that matters. So, as long as we get reasonably close to our asking price, we’ll be happy.

More prep to get ready for listing is on today’s agenda and maybe looking at local condos. Do we know how to have fun or what?

Hope our Cafe friends in the eastern US and Atlantic Canada are weathering the latest winter storm. Stay warm, stay safe!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I could use some prayers fir my daughter. She has COVID-19. Thanks in advance with my gratitude. Another 24. Blessings x
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Techie, thoughts and prayers going out to your daughter. My son (42yo) had it early on. He was sick with flu symptoms about a week then a reoccurance about 2 weeks later. Hoping for a mild case for your daughter too.

Dill, great quote. Thanks.

QW, thinking of you and Mrs. QW.

Jude, stay warm and enjoy your reading time!

School day here better get after it!! 24 more!

Comment

Techie, I hope your daughter makes a full recovery from COVID. Will be thinking about you.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Prayers sent for your daughter techie. Hopefully her symptoms will be mild and she makes a full recovery.

I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs. QW [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. I can't even imagine what you both are going through. I hope that you can find a condo soon. It's a sellers market in this area, and homes are being snatched up as soon as they are listed.

Still snowing hard with well over a foot of snow on the ground with lots more on the way today! My neighbor had her plow guy come down and do my driveway yesterday. Looks like he will need to come back again today!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully you got through yesterday okay [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I know how hard those things can be :hug:

Sending healing thoughts and prayers out to your daughter [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. We all hope that her case is mild and she gets through with little to no consequences...

That's a lot of snow [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Did you enjoy sitting on the tractor and plowing it all lol. I don't like shoveling, use the leaf blower whenever I can, but do enjoy using the tractor and bucket out at the farm when the snow gets too deep!

I didn't realize how close dementia and Parkinson's were related [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] but I'm finding it out now. Bubba got the word yesterday that her dad wouldn't be going back to the Manor. They are now assessing him to see what level of care he needs going forward and that will determine what facility he gets moved into. We're not sure how that's going to affect living arrangements, but there's definitely going to be some moving involved in the very near future...

I have no idea how I would be handling our situation if I was still drinking, but I know it wouldn't be in a good way. Just thankful that I'm sober and have the Serenity Prayer instead of booze to fall back on when the going gets tough...

Comment

Techie, your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope her case is mild.

QW, I hope you can make your move soon. It must be so difficult right now for you and Mrs. Q. You both will be in me thoughts and prayers too.

Yesterday was a big day. It was the day of my brother's service which I am so grateful to have been able to watch via live-stream. It was a lovely service. It was also the day Mr. D had a vaccine appointment. I went with him. Altho I am not eligible by Ohio's rules until next week, as it turned out, I got mine yesterday as well! It was toward the end of the day and they had extra doses left that they wouldn't want to let to go to waste. We asked about the possibility of there being extra and they said yes and told me to go ahead and sign in. So we both got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine. We go back for the second in 4 weeks.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-post, Cowboy. Thanks for you thoughts and prayers. I am sorry to hear of you FIL's deterioration. I know how hard this is for Bubba and you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Techie, as the others have said I hope your daughters case is mild, Mick over on the daily thread just went through this with his daughter as well Dill, glad you both got your shots 5:50 am in Vegas another 24 for all of us, have a great day everyone
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, we were thinking about you yesterday. Glad you were able to participate in the service virtually. Nice too that you were able to get vaccinated.

Cowboy, there are so many intertwined symptoms and side effects for diseases like dementia and Parkinson’s. Every day I wonder which ones are going to show up here. I hope your fil gets the level of care he needs. This is a tough time for Bubba and her folks with lots of decisions to be made. So nice that you’re there af free!

Winter conditions here today with cold temps and a bit of snow. Thankfully we’re not expecting anything close to the snowfall you got Jude! Nice that you had your driveway cleared for you. We are so fortunate to have great neighbours who look after snow removal for us.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone! Stay safe.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X