~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], it's not uncommon to lose interest in the early days of sobriety. I was like that at first, but soon enough your mind will re-awaken, and you will see clearly all of the opportunities that await you when your mind is not clouded with alcohol. Being grateful for everything that you have is sure a great motivator for staying AF.

Hope that everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and wishing everyone a good Tuesday. Big Al, you make sense about lack of fun. It might be helpful to seek out some new hobbies or experiences. As we stop drinking some of our friends and interests become different and that’s ok. I avoid many things now that I used to partake in. We do what we have to do to stay sober and sane. Techie, your words of wisdom are inspirational. Thanks for the 2 book recommendations. Waves to everyone and wishing everyone another sober day!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think that quitting drinking is like losing a best friend [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], a funeral of sorts. And you're going through the grief stage. Walking around wondering what you're going to do without him, how will you get over not having him around anymore. How will you fill your time when you can't stop thinking about him. But just like losing a loved one, or a best friend, time does heal. Time to bury him and start moving on with your life...
          Last edited by abcowboy; July 27, 2021, 06:37 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

For me, one of the best parts of giving up al was coming out of the fog that I used to be in most of the time. The clarity, the awareness was very noticeable, and welcome. Big Al, you’ll find ways to fill the void with enjoyable activities. For me it was reading and spending time with family plus I was able to be there for Mrs QW.

It was nice to be back in the old stomping grounds yesterday. The town is gearing up for a rodeo this weekend, second largest one in Canada after the Calgary Stampede. I’ll miss the excitement but not the crowds!

I had coffee with our realtor yesterday. When we bought the condo, there was a freezer listed with the appliances but in reality, it was an error on the part of the listing agent. We bought a freezer and our realtor insisted on paying for it. He didn’t have to do that but that’s the kind of person he is. And that’s why we deal with him.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Loved that post Techie Big AL,I understand exactly what you're talking about, I quit doing everything that reminds me of my drinking days so now there isn't much left,no live music,no going out to many places,etc we used to be social butterflies(hubs and i) and were out doing something all the time,had tons of friends that all disappeared after we quit drinking,I think the key is to find new things to do like Dill says,I'm still working on it myself, it is hard tho to find things I like to do and stick with it lately,QW,you have a great realtor he went the extra mile with that freezer for sure,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and sobriety achievers. In case you were wondering, yes another hot day here. Meditation done. Doggie walk done. Run/bike/swim in about 1 hour. Deep gratitude for Mrs Techie who always manages to keep a smile no matter what %?!” life throws at her. She remains my true north. So, another XXIV for me. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Still here..... 24 more!

Comment

Quick check in from me today. 24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Sober Tuesday for me. I guess I would describe things as melancholy. My wife is not happy with my past round of shenanigans, and that is the hardest for me. To let down those that you love. She then retreats into herself and I feel even more lonely than I did before. I will actually correct my previous assessment; I think it's just plain sadness. Another one of those days when I just want it to get close enough to bed time so that I can fall into a good book for a while and not think about things. I have been contemplating some of the wisdom that techie doles out. I am not sure that I know how to love myself anymore. I am not sure that I have anything but "monkey mind" left in me. But, maybe it's just the current malaise that is driving me down that path. Although I have accomplished many things in my life and have been successful at my endeavors, it has been a long time since I have been proud of myself, or excited about a pursuit, or felt anything that even borders on serene. I wonder what I'm even doing these days other than just grinding through hours. Sobriety is a place of no respite from this path my brain takes (at least not yet), and that's why I believe I always ran back to the bottle.

But, I'm sober. Not very happy, but sober. I am also going to stay sober tomorrow, so 24 more for me please and thanks, and my humblest apologies for such a dour post. I feel bad about my clouds trailing along behind me on an otherwise sunny day...that is unless they bring some rain to my drought stricken comrades.

Comment

Glad to see your post [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. You are making great progress. It’s not easy. Nothing worthwhile is. I can tell you that my life is so much better than I ever thought imaginable. BTW, I would encourage you to use positive words when describing yourself. It makes a huge difference. Every cell in your body is eavesdropping on your thoughts. Reward yourself for the little accomplishments, the three foot tosses. You mentioned reading, which I love. Family calls me a serial reader. Check out goodreads. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. If you ever want to chat, I’m always available.

P.S. My mentor once told me “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought!”
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning cafe!

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Good morning and happy hump day. 24 more for me please and thank you. PS QW I love your realtor. What a great guy. Big Al, maybe taking to someone professionally would help. You might need a mild antidepressant to help elevate your mood. There is no shame in that. Just a thought. Mr. R is at the dentist all morning so I have no car. Will be reading my kindle this morning. Too hot to exercise!!! Hi to everyone that stops in!

Comment

5:39am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm not sure what I thought sobriety had to offer when I quit this last time, I was so used to drinking and figured that life couldn't get any better not realizing that it was slowly getting worse. - Cowboy 1/2/18

This is something that Cowboy said 3 years ago that I saved to my quotes because it spoke to me in a meaningful way at the time. One of the hardest things to realize in the early days of quitting is just how great life can be when free from alcohol. We have been convinced thru our culture that drinking is great. But in reality, it is not. Life is much better when we are fully present. That's just not possible when we are just passing time between drinking sessions. BigAl, Mr. D very nearly left me over this issue and that would've been the most horrible loss for the both of us. It can happen. Don't take her for granted.

Let's all have a great day of freedom!
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X