• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:43 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Off for a fun day with my sisters to a giant flea market and lunch. I won't be buying, just looking for ideas for the house. Just hanging with my sisters is enough though. So lucky to have them!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I’m getting rid of things I never intended to buy so really good for you if you can go to a giant flea market and not buy anything! Enjoy the day with your sisters.

Warm and windy here today, feels like rain. As Cowboy says, Today is a darn good day not to drink.

Happy POETS Day everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I did not know what POETS day meant so I had to search it. I've seen you use it before QW and decided it was time I learn what's behind it. So, I am now another tad bit more informed and I can say same to you, mate!

What does POETS day mean?

The hospital auxiliary had it's annual plant sale today and luckily it didn't rain, but it was very cool and breezy so I was really glad when my shift ended!

Another 24 please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; May 10, 2019, 12:34 PM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Super late check in for me today. Been crazy busy here lately. Jude I love the name Levi and hope you get it figured out. Getting bucked off a horse would probably land me in traction! Hope everyone is having a great Friday. Glad this work week is over. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Early check in this morning. Hubby and I just officially bought a small condo. I am so excited about it. That was the reason I almost had a drink over it. Celebrating. Thank goodness I did not . I thought having 2 homes would be crazy but this little condo is small enough that we don't have to do much. So this is a big step for us. Thinking about retirement finally in a positive way. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Comment

Congrats on the new condo [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! It's nice to have choices!

Well, the vet checked out Levi's back yesterday and found no issues. I'm going to ride him again today so wish me luck everyone. Hopefully when I post tomorrow, it won't be from a hospital bed! :horse:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Now that is some very exciting news, Rava! Congrats! That's really great having something to look forward to like that! But I didn't think you were planning on retiring any time soon. Has that changed? Many times I think about doing something like that but it's not likely we will make a change. We are "living our dream" which makes it hard to make a change. Mr. D and I worked for many years to be able to afford to buy a house with land. We both wanted to live on a farm. We were in our forties when we finally were able to reach our dream buying a run down fixer-upper with lots of land (85 acres) and we have been here ever since. I don't think Mr. D will ever leave here as long as he has his health, so here will stay! The house is too big for us and we can't keep up with the property like we used to, but it is just so beautiful here and we worked so hard to make it so…

I'll be thinking of you Jude! Good luck!

24 more please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; May 11, 2019, 06:23 AM.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats on the condo Rava! Getting ready for retirement is exciting. As I like to tell folks, retirement is the best job I’ve ever had!!

Our retirement plans have changed in the last 3 years because of Parkinson’s but we’ve been able to do most things we wanted. Our travel plans have been moved forward a bit so we can do things while still relatively easy but if we weren’t able to travel anymore, we have memories of some fabulous trips!

Sunny and warm here today - about time!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope this is readable! It spoke to me.

Had so much fun with my sisters yesterday! I ended up buying the island for the new house. It was exactly what I was looking for. Back to pick it up this morning.

Need to read back! Hope you all have a restful Mother's Day weekend.

Comment

Really great quotes this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], thank you! And such an important one to end your week with, that very first step. That really is where the journey starts, and we may take the occasion wrong path, but the roadmap has been laid by others before us...just keep following the map!

Way to go [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and starting to see your retirement dreams start being fulfilled! I remember years ago always hearing about planning for retirement and thought it was such a long way away, but look how quickly it comes. I should have been more like [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and Mr D and started working towards mine in my 40’s as well. At that time all I could think about was having enough money for beer!

Hope things go well with your ride today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], nothing worse than riding a horse you can’t trust. They seem to be able to sense that and then try to get away with even more!

Going to get moved into the camper this weekend so my days aren’t so long and rushed! No seeding tomorrow as we’re well ahead of the game and taking Mother’s Day off. Bubba and I will no doubt head to Veg and take the in-laws out for supper. It’ll be nice not bouncing across a field for the day.
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe and Happy Mothers Day to those who celebrate. I have been able to retire for the past several years but my drinking scared me. I thought without direction and a plan that I would just circle the drain and become an isolated hermit. Now that my head is clearer I am starting to see that I can do this without fear. So we shall see. Jude, I hope you made it safely on Levi! Looking forward to a report. Ginger, your house will definitely keep you busy until its done. Exciting and stressful all at the same time. QW, yep travel while you can and made those wonderful memories. ABC good luck with your camper move this weekend. Its pouring rain here today so I will just plan on hanging out with my kindle.

Comment

Happy Mother's day!

Unfortunately, it looks as though Mr. Levi is going back to where I got him from. I had one of the trainers get on him yesterday, and Levi immediately hunched his back up, despite being extensively lunged beforehand. I can exchange him for another horse, but it's breaking my heart as I've become very attached to him :distress: I can't ride a horse that I don't trust, but I wish that he weren't so damn sweet. I really wanted a drink after I came home from the barn yesterday, but I realized that it wouldn't solve my problems, only compound them.

Asking for another 24 on this dismal, rainy Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                                X