No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:27am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get breakfast rolled out for you hungry people lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My favourite breakfast Cowboy! Thanks!!

We celebrated our middle sons birthday with a barbecue and, sadly, it may be the last time we’re able to get together for a while, thanks to COVID lockdowns. After cake, we had a Skype visit with our son in Australia. It was great for him to see us and for us to see him. His nephew and niece are growing so fast!
        Australia is again under lockdown as COVID case numbers there increase. Vaccination rates there are very low compared to ours. Our son was only recently able to get his first shot.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and seasonal tomato lovers. Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy. The house is quiet this morning so meditation is done. Chores today will keep me busy. I sure wish BigAl would check in. We all know how difficult the quit is. I will gratefully accept another XXIV. Go and make a difference anyway you can. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I had some really weird stuff happen over really the last week or more. My motorcycle wreck brought me into contact with the Dr more than I am used to and as all Dr's do, they started me on a series of meds. Evidently, there were some pretty bad interactions between a couple that I have been taking. I didn't really notice it but my wife did. She noticed that we were having the same conversations, I was asking the same questions, and generally just not with it at all. Now that I am through it, i look back and it was as if I was in a fog. There are still some lingering effects, but I am surviving.

Again, my wife is a saint and is paying attention. I hope everyone is well this Sunday morning. It will be a sober day for me.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, glad you wife is looking after you and you have come out of the fog. QW hope all goes well with your wife’s tests. Here the doctors office will call and leave a message for the doctors to “discuss” your results. You wait for several days thinking all is not well but the actual truth is that he just wants to tell you in person that all is well so he can bill medicare. UGH. Thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy. Going to lunch with some friends today. Was going to ride my bike but its like 96 degrees. Forget it. Will drive. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Greetings all!

BigAl, glad your wife was keeping an eye on you!

Dill, that's great news about your friend. Glad she's through the hard part.

QW, sending thoughts your way. Hope you get Mrs QW's results soon.

Heading home today. I've been struggling more with this sciatic pain. Ugh! Hoping for relief soon.

I'll gladly take 24 AF hours and praying they are pain free!

Comment

Ginger, I hope you can find some relief from that sciatic pain soon!

QW, sending thoughts and well wishes for Mrs. Q.

BigAl, good to see you. I'm really glad Mrs. B was on her toes and got you to your doc! Hang in there.

Hope your sauce-making went well, Jude. We picked apples last week and yesterday we peeled, sliced and froze them. Oh, and 6 cups of them went into a fresh apple pie!

Have a good day everyone. 24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you checked in [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Sorry that you had to deal with drug interactions, they are no fun.I'm glad that your wife was there for you.

Ginger, I hope that your sciatic pain subsides soon. Isn't there anything more that your doctor can do?

QW, things are getting scary around here as well when it comes to Covid. Even people that have been fully vaccinated are being hospitalized with the virus. This concerns me a great deal, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see lockdowns becoming the norm again.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.
                      - G.K Chesterton

I read that piece of wisdom this morning and thought how true it is. It doesn't work for alcohol though. Desiring less makes no difference. Desiring none is the only thing that works, and desiring none takes daily effort.

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:46am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; September 6, 2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Dill, very applicable. We’ve found that with the downsizing we’ve done, we can honestly say we’re not missing anything we got rid of. For too long, we desired more but now we find we can get by just fine with a lot less.

Happy Labour Day for those of us in North America.

Enjoy Monday af everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thought I posted yesterday but guess I didn't haha,wishing us all a happy AF Monday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the grateful. HOT again, ugh. I’m golfing this morning at 9:30 but may play nine due to the heat. I was on a podcast yesterday about my 9/11 experience and scheduled for a radio interview tomorrow in L.A. While I had second thoughts about doing these, I think it was the right thing to do. So, with a deep sense of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Checking in AF! 24 more.

Comment

Working...
                                X