~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

My feelings and thoughts about covid are very closely aligned with yours, Rava and Pauly. I'm weary of all the talk of covid. It is too tied to politics. For one thing we mostly rely on media reports for our information which I don't find to be in the least bit reliable. Everyone seems to report the "facts" that support their view or agenda. As far as the hospitals filling up with covid cases, who's to say they are the unvaccinated? I've heard breakthru cases are also in that mix. And I've also heard that mandatory vaccines are causing some hospital employees, docs and nurses to quit. Shortages in personnel affect hospital bed availability too. We are swimming in a stew of covid misinformation and madness! It's making me crazy. I'm doing what I can to take care of myself and my family. That's all I can do.
    That, and pray. That's my last comment on the subject.

Going for anoher 24 with you all.:heartbeat:
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and concerned Covid citizens. The whole issue related to Covid-19 has plagued me since reading many different viewpoints here as well as the Army Thread. I am personally embarrassed by some of my attitudes toward my brethren throughout this pandemic. I know I’m better than that. We all need to check ourselves. We need to pay attention to our emotional responses. If you are like me, one of these positions, (vax vs. no vax or mask vs. no mask), is confirming a position that is in alignment with your worldview. Yes, we are being divided by the media, politicians and other external sources with varying agendas. However, we love being right. To that point, we have become so entrenched with being right, the more sociopathic we have become. We tend to lose our humanity. The Covid deaths just become data points about what beliefs make us a better person than someone else. While it is healthy to have different opinions and healthy discourse on any impactful issue, we need to take a look in the mirror when our opinions become hateful.

So, we a huge amount of gratitude, I lovingly accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
      Last edited by techie; September 25, 2021, 01:01 PM. Reason: Typo
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hi folks. Just to clarify, I’m not suggesting anyone here at MWO has expressed anything hateful. However, there is enough of that across all social media platforms. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

All, my post came out of pure emotion, and not a wholistic view of the entire situation. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]'s post is spot on, and covid has been turned into a circus by the media, to the point where I don't even know what to believe half the time. Covid is currently causing a fight within my wife, her sister, and their mother. So, I apologize for letting my feelings spill out.

Comment

I am also having a very hard time fighting off alcohol. Really struggling. You folks are the only people who understand, and I appreciate you all more than you will ever know.

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], when those cravings hit, try to remember the hangovers, the low self-esteem, the blackouts, the lethargy, the night sweats, the damage to your body, and what drinking does to both you and your family. Reaching for that first drink is definitely not worth it!

Many of the hospitals around here are making it mandatory for employees to get the Covid vaccine, and if they don't comply, they will be fired. What a mess! I agree that the media is just adding fuel to the fire during this pandemic.

Drinking would only add to the stress of our current situation, so I'm committed to another 24 hours free from the chains of alcohol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Covid is separating families and friends. I try to stay completely neutral and mind my own business. Mr. R and I are moving some of our things into a neighbors condo who is not here. We have a potential investor coming tomorrow to look at our condo furnished for a possible rental property. He is coming with our realtor. Hopefully we will hear soon about the condo we purchased. QW I agree that this delay may be good for both sides. All this stress has led me to have a few drinks. I know this is wrong. I won’t lie its stressful as anything. I can literally feel my insides churning at times from stress. UGH. I hope everyone has a great Sunday. Humbly asking for 24 more.

Comment

I repeat BigAl, we are all very happy to have you with us! So glad you found the Cafe. You offer more to all of us than you know. Ginger, you are so spot on: "I was struck by how fortunate I am to have landed here in the Cafe. You guys all bring so much to the "table". I look forward to checking in each day!" I feel the same way. :love:

So, today I believe we will have crockpot chili and homemade nectarine pie using our frozen nectarines from this summer's harvest. I'll make enough for everyone!

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-post, Rava. I hear you on the stress. Stay with us and remember, "This too shall pass."
                    Dill

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's your choice of breakfast today, all rolled out and ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I can't think of any place I'd rather be each and every morning except here with my friends! And a lot of times I check in during the day to read posts as well. There's nothing easy about quitting and staying quit, but it sure helps when you can "unload" on people who understand and support no matter what!

Comment

Happy Sunday and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, great comment on cravings. They suck! But, we all live with them. My motivation is that I need to be there for Mrs QW. Alcohol would be of no help, as we know. Dealing with the daily challenges of living with Parkinson’s would be much more difficult if al was involved.

I too look forward to signing on every morning and seeing what’s happening with my friends in the Cafe. Like Cowboy, I check in a few times daily to read posts.

I love a breakfast buffet once in a while, today’s a great day to have one. Thanks Cowboy!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; September 26, 2021, 08:01 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Nothing like a Sunday morning breakfast buffet! Thx, ABC.

I'm struggling too, BigAl. Let's do this together and not "drink at....." whatever is eating at us!

And here's mine:
                                My sister (vaccinated) has been so sick since Thursday night. Her covid test came back inconclusive so she's in quarantine and will test again tomorrow. Her x came over to her place a week ago to help her with a chore. He (unvacinated) failed to mention he was sick and positive with covid. Now, that right there is the problem! Prayers are welcome!

So with that said... I will practice forgiveness and ask for 24 more.

Comment

Working...
                                X