No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:27am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get breakfast out, enjoy!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and thanks for the French toast! Finally made it to breakfast Cowboy! Hope everyone has a great day today. Going for a walk in the park to start the day. Ginger, love the picture. Your view is just amazing!!! QW glad you got in the condo and they had it cleaned for you. Hi to Techie, Big Al, Pauly, Dill, Jude and everyone else. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I did a run to the city yesterday and delivered my charcoal grill to my son who has only ever barbecued with gas. While there I got two much needed hugs from my granddaughter! It’s been far too long.
          Then I took some boxes to the condo and unpacked them. Only 3 more sleeps until moving day!

That’s another amazing brekkie Cowboy! Thanks. I would attempt to recreate it this morning but the stove has been cleaned and I always make a mess cooking bacon.

Ginger, I bet you never tire of that view!

Big Al, you’re doing great, so nice to have you in the Cafe with us.

Off to an early start on more packing. We should be just about done by this evening.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Sunday all, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Everyone sounds good in the Cafe this morning! Yummy brekkie, ABC. Thanks!

It was a beautiful day for a BBQ. Things almost felt back to normal and my anxiety stayed at a manageable level. Sitting there I realized how much I used alcohol to manage my anxiety when in large groups. Weird brain.

Another glorious day to be outside! 24 more!

Comment

Good Sunday morning everyone! Looks like another day to enjoy and a good day not to drink!!

Cowboy, I like all kinds of books, but like you, romance novels do not appeal to me! I like historical fictions, mysteries, classics, fantasy and even some horror as long as it is well done. So, if you come across anything you find somewhat special just pass it along and I'll put it on my list!

Jude, thanks for the Steinbeck suggestion. I have not read it although I have read several other Steinbeck novels. I'll check it out! Steinbeck is a favorite of mine.

Just 3 more nights until the move, QW! I bet you feel like you are in some kind of weird holding pattern. But it won't be long at all, now! Glad you got some hugs. Also glad you are introducing your son to the world of charcoal grilling. I know gas grilling is cleaner and much more convenient to use, but I too love a good charcoal grill!

Have a great day everyone!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and charcoal grill lovers. My allergies are off the charts today. I’m going to try Flonase, mayonnaise, and purple haze to fund some level of relief. Have a healthy beautiful day, folks. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Day 7 is about over. That marks one sober week.

It feels good but I need to keep my guard up. I can’t tell everyone how much I appreciate your presence.

On to day 8. 24 more please.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                      Day 7 is about over. That marks one sober week.

It feels good but I need to keep my guard up. I can’t tell everyone how much I appreciate your presence.

On to day 8. 24 more please.
                      It takes a while but once it sticks, life gets so much better. So happy you have joined us, BigAl!
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Just letting you know I’m in a golf tournament tomorrow. So, this is kind of an early (or late) check in, but will try and catch up with you later tomorrow. My foursome is in third place this year, so we are hoping to make a big move with our round in the morning. Blessings x

Comment

Happy Monday cafe! I'm off to get my second covid vaccine this morning, and I'm kind of nervous. Several of my friends had so many side-effects after receiving their second dose. Fingers crossed!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]@dill [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good job on your one week [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! It gets easier and easier the more days you put behind you!

Good luck with the golf today [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I'll bet you know of a few good books for [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and the rest of us readers!

Hopefully you'll have no problems with your second shot [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope jab 2 doesn’t cause you any grief Jude. Techie, have a great round today, keep your head down!

Huge congrats Big Al on 1 week!

I guess Jessie’s transition to her new life is near complete. Saturday morning she came out while I was talking to her new dad and she ignored me!

Yesterday was a long day of packing but as a result, we’re in good shape. I’ll load up the Jeep this morning and deliver more boxes. Likely do the same tomorrow. Can’t wait for the unpacking to be done.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X