~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast over eaters. Busy day getting ready for our flight early tomorrow morning. The flight is less than an hour so the chance of a passenger brawl is low. One can only hope. Much cooler morning here which is so welcome. I love the seasons, and feel blessed to live in a region that has them. Looking forward to the change of season has always been exciting to me. The idea of jeans, hiking boots, and a fleece top has lots of appeal right now. I think we all go through emotional seasons too. We can look at each new day with a sense of awe and with the opportunity for change. Remember, when it comes to our lives, we are the driver, we are the one in control. If you knew how powerful your thoughts are, you would never have a negative thought again. So, be the architect of your life. Start right now.

It is with a tremendous level of gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. If is didn’t start that way, make sure you flip that switch. Happiness is your right. Blessings x
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Ginger, I hope that your sister makes a full recovery. Things are getting scary once again!

Rava...I hope that things go well with the sale of your condo. Our alcoholic brains will always find an excuse to drink, and stress can be a huge factor in relapse. When I was drinking, I would stress out about when I could have that first drink. I never made it to the "accepted time" of 5:00 p.m., and often started early in the morning. While I still have lots of cravings, taking booze off the table has stopped that nonsense of worrying about that first drink. Next week will be a huge test for me while on vacation. Already, part of my brain is telling me that sitting on the beach with a glass of wine would be heavenly. The sane part of my brain is telling me that after a few glasses, that heavenly feeling would turn into hellish regret. I won't lie. It will be difficult, but I know that I can count on getting support and encouragement from my friends at the cafe!

I'm in for another 24.

Comment

I hear you on that whole "sitting on the beach with a glass of wine would be heavenly" meme, Jude. But it's not true for us. I was listening to a podcast this morning about the whole meme about drinking in moderation being good, even healthy for us. The person discussing it asked the question as to who did those studies.... The implication being that it was likely the people who profit from the sale of alcohol. He reminded the listeners of the history of the cigarette industry doing the same thing. If we could drink in moderation, then one or two might be enjoyable on the beach. But certainly not beneficial and in the end would likely be very regrettable.

Let's all reach for the golden ring of freedom for another 24.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Some good thoughts and advice here as well as a great breakfast yesterday morning. I was craving those fried potatoes. YUM! Ginger, I hope your sister gets well soon!!! Realtor coming today at 10 am to look at our little condo. Hopefully will hear some news today about our contract. Keep myself busy this weekend boxing up stuff and went furniture shopping (not to buy) just to look. We might sell our condo with all furniture in it depending on the price. Nothing we have is sentimental. We gave all that away to our children in the last move. Thanks everyone for being here. Safe travels Techie! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Safe travels to my friends here travelling today, I think there are a couple of you at least...

I hope your sister gets through feeling sick sooner rather than later [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! I can't imagine why anyone who tests positive would even leave their home, let alone be in close contact with others...

Think positive thoughts [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], We know you can do it and so do you! Instead of reminding yourself hard hard it might be, keep reminding yourself that you don't drink and you're a much better person for it!

I bet the chili was both spicy and hot [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], just the way I like it! I love nectarines, but have never had them in a pie, going to have to talk to Bubba about that lol.
              Last edited by abcowboy; September 27, 2021, 06:51 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just read a story about a highway construction worker who was killed and another seriously injured by an impaired driver. The alcohol industry never highlights the effect alcohol can have on others, like killing innocent people. “Please drink responsibly” doesn’t excuse them from the harm they cause. The driver? Wasn’t hurt.

Techie, safe travels! I could have used your expertise this weekend as it seemed every electronic device I touched turned to poop. iPad, laptop, desktop, and even my car all turned on me! Fortunately, I was helped by a tech support person at our ISP, she was amazing and one thing I appreciated as much as her technical skills was that she didn’t talk down to this technically challenged old guy.

Ginger, it’s hard to conceive that your ex bil would knowingly come in contact with anyone who didn’t have Covid, let alone his former spouse. That’s the sort of thing that makes Covid so hard to get rid of. Hope your sister feels better soon.

Stay safe Cafe friends and have a great af Monday.

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; September 27, 2021, 07:31 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope your sister feels better quickly Ginger, waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF Monday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hugs for Jude, Ginger, et al. Off to Arizona. So, it is a lovely round of a blissful twenty four for me. Will check in from the desert. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Jude, you got this and feel free to message me through Facebook messenger if you need a pep talk! I'm here for all of you!

Sister thinks she's turning the corner. She coughed all night but the brain fog is better, temp is down. I'm still so disappointed in my x-bil. He was my "brother" for over 40 years until he decided to have an affair with a younger woman. If he were still married to sister, he would not be acting so carelessly and he WOULD be vaccinated. End rant!

PT exercises seem to be helping a lot! Hoping I've turned the corner too.

It's with a thankful heart that I know all of you! I'll happily take another 24!

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. So much going on with everyone, I can't keep up.

So I have a confession. My drinking had taken a wrong turn here lately and I was in bad shape. Hiding it from my wife, my work, my therapist, my self, and even too embarrassed to talk about it on this forum. I felt out of control and absolutely without value. Bad thoughts were bouncing around in my head as I was in this pit of despair. Last night I made a decision. If I drank again (because I was drinking a lot), I would check myself into a 30 day rehab. 30 days of rehab would be a really hard thing. It would screw up my job, embarrass myself and my family, cause me to miss some family things coming up that only happen once. BUT, it may keep me alive. So, it is with that new directive that I am sober, knowing that one more drink is going to be a game changer.

I apologize for not using this forum and the absolutely genuine and thoughtful inhabitants that post here. I was embarrassed. I was ashamed. I had completely closed myself off. I vow to never again get to that place. So I'm sober. And I ask for 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Big Al, your cafe friends are here for you. Don’t be afraid to lean on us anytime you need to.

I’m willing to bet there isn’t one person on MWO who hasn’t felt ashamed or embarrassed at some point because of alcohol.

If you look after you, the rest will be so much easier to deal with.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], if going to a 30 day rehab is what you need to get sober, then by all means do it! The inconvenience of doing this now is nothing. Saving your life is worth it!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and Big Al you can always count on your friends here at the Cafe. We are all here to support and lift each other up. Stay strong. Wishing everyone a great Tuesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is gong to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; September 28, 2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X