No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And glad you picked out a set of frames you are happy with!

Didn't get a chance yesterday to post my weekend happenings as I left early to travel to Lloydminster to pick up material for a couple of jobs. But it was a good weekend! Finally got all the ice scraped off the driveway and sidewalk Saturday, got the new stove installed, got the snowflake light put up and running, and even managed to run out to the hunting cabin for a few hours for the big buck horn measuring. A group of us area hunters/farmers all chipped in to build a cabin in the bush a couple of years back and we've been adding to the site ever since. This year it was decided that it's getting used so much that we need to add on! So as a fund raiser for the building material, we decided to have a big buck contest with a $100 entry fee. Needless to say my $100 was a donation as I didn't get a buck at all, never mind one big enough to enter the contest lol. There was lots of food, lots of booze, and lots of hunting stories. I didn't stay too late, just long enough to see the scoring and winners announced. Anyway, a few pics of the cabin...

I wonder if y'all can guess which one of the 3 old guys is me lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Dill, thanks for sharing. Techie, your quote was spot on.

Ginger, 70 is cool? Please send it our way! We’ll gladly take it.

What a great cabin Cowboy. Love the washboard hanging on the wall. In the middle photo, the fellow with his arms spread wide could be describing a fish that got away!

Big Al, I like your attitude! You will make it. It’s tough but fighting for what you really want is so worth it.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Nice pic Cowboy and you look younger/happier than the other two haha! Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill, that's a great quote. What a wise man.

BigAl, so glad you're here and sticking around! Together we can do this.

Cowboy, what a great cabin!! I could live there. I recognize that guy in the picture!

May we all have an easy 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and cabin dwellers. Lovely digs, Cowboy. Well, I’m off to Phoenix tomorrow to attend service for a friend who died from COVID. Gary was unvaccinated due to a pre existing condition that prevented it. It was those two factors that appear to be the cause. So, It us with a heavy heart but a firm resolve that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. If you gave friends you haven’t contacted in a while, think about reaching out. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Another day of sobriety as the sun set. The fight was a little bit easier today, but I am very wary of myself. Thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] for the kind words. I agree, treatment certainly had it's place and I gained a lot of knowledge, but there is just so much a facility and system like that can do against cold harsh reality. Excellent quote as well, I am still reeling a bit to put anything that nuanced into practice. I have to boil everything down to one day at a time right now, at least I know it is working in this reboot scenario. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I am amazed at the beauty and appeal of the cabin. You know, you could charge a handful of alcoholics a lot of money to stay there for 30 days.... I appreciate the welcome back from everyone. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I am sorry to hear the circumstances of your trip, it did make me think of people I have not seen in a while.

I am still fighting, and winning with effort. But holy cow am I stuck in my head. I was thinking today how even this somewhat truncated relapse (truncated for me at least, I could count it in days and not weeks/months/years) robs me of my happiness completely. My support system is in place, the people around me are understanding and even forgiving, but instead of being able to harness that positivity and channel it into the present I am just numb. It will come with time and effort, but what a devastating thing my addiction is. It runs so deep and is so multi-faceted. Anyway, I don't want to end negatively, today was a good day, I will put forth the effort and mindfulness to attack tomorrow with the same fortitude. I know the threads of color will start to weave their way into the landscape I am seeing right now. But it will only happen with 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Love the cabin cowboy! The middle guy in the photo looks familiar, and he does look a lot younger than the other two.

Sorry about your friend [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. What a shame that he was unable to be vaccinated. My thoughts are with you...

Ginger, 70° is winter? It's supposed to hit 60° here tomorrow, then snow on the weekend. Bizarre weather for sure!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, today is another day for you to be sober. I know you can do it. Cowboy, you are the one without the solo cup. that was easy!! Love your cabin and especially the hanging lights! Looks very cozy. Heading out to lunch today but no drinking for me. I will stick with Diet Coke with lemon. I am determined to NOT go down the rabbit hole. I like myself so much better when I don’t give into to booze. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I'm not sure how we ended up sitting that way, but we actually sat in order of age from right to left. So I'm not the youngest of the 3 [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], and not even sure if I was the happiest, but I know I was the next morning when I woke up without a hangover lol. Most all of the 20 people that were there were my old drinking buddies, they still drink, and they're still my buddies, and they accept that I don't drink.

I don't recall what Tyler was explaining with his arms spread wide [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but it does look like a fish story lol.

Sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], Covid has taken so many good people...

I'm not sure we could rent it out as a rehab center [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] with the amount of booze that is kept there lol. But we have rented it out a couple of times to groups in the summer. There is a huge fire pit with benches, and we cleared another area close by that will hold about 10 campers.

I wasn't sure if I should have posted about it at all, but the message I was trying to get across is that you can still have lots of fun without drinking, and true friends will still be your friends whether you drink or not...
                      Last edited by abcowboy; December 15, 2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Good observation [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that lol.

Comment

I spotted you immediately, Cowboy! You are the man in the middle. And to check my solution I used the same method as Rava....I thought to myself, odds are Cowboy will not be holding a solo cup. You do look great! I agree with Jude on that! That cabin is AWESOME!:thumbsup:

So sorry to hear about your friend, Techie. I will reach out to people, thanks to your gentle nudge.

24 more here, please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; December 15, 2021, 08:04 AM.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

What a great cabin Cowboy! So nice that you can still hang out with your former drinking buddies, not partake, be accepted as a non-drinker and have a good time.

Techie, thinking about you today. Safe travels.

It’s colder than a polar bears ear this morning, far too cold to walk outside. After driving my son to work, I’ll go for a ride on my stationary bike. I’m glad we brought the bike with us when we moved. It takes up space in our living room but with Covid not going away, I’m glad not to have to rely on the fitness centre equipment.
                            We have a mask wearing requirement in our building yet many people think it’s OK to wear their mask around their chin. As a result, we keep to ourselves, use lots of sanitizer and avoid social events.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, so sorry about your friend. Safe travels.

I'll gladly take another 24.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                                I'm not sure how we ended up sitting that way, but we actually sat in order of age from right to left. So I'm not the youngest of the 3 [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], and not even sure if I was the happiest, but I know I was the next morning when I woke up without a hangover lol. Most all of the 20 people that were there were my old drinking buddies, they still drink, and they're still my buddies, and they accept that I don't drink.

I don't recall what Tyler was explaining with his arms spread wide [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but it does look like a fish story lol.

Sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], Covid has taken so many good people...

I'm not sure we could rent it out as a rehab center [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] with the amount of booze that is kept there lol. But we have rented it out a couple of times to groups in the summer. There is a huge fire pit with benches, and we cleared another area close by that will hold about 10 campers.

I wasn't sure if I should have posted about it at all, but the message I was trying to get across is that you can still have lots of fun without drinking, and true friends will still be your friends whether you drink or not...
                                I figure you look younger and happier cuz you weren't drinking Cowboy,I know drinking ages people horribly! Happy AF Wednesday to all!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X