Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Once again Cowboy, you’ve showed your considerable culinary skills in preparing a feast for the Cafe! Thanks!!

Big Al, sometimes kids like to push the limits just to see how far they can go. Drinking at the problem wouldn’t solve a thing but the best thing you can do for you and your family is to quit drinking. Your family will love the new you!
    How nice you got to spend part of the day working with your Dad. I miss not being able to spend time with mine.

Now Mulberry, you may recall a few years back that BC promoted itself as “The best place on earth”. Not sure if you’d seen the billboard that was amended to read “Next to the best place on earth”. It wasn’t me that did that. Honest.

Rava, congrats on the quick sale! Nice not to have showings, play games, or endure any of the other unpleasant things involved in selling real estate.

Had a lovely walk at a local park with one of our sons and the grandkids yesterday. Two deer came close - less than 10 feet away - and posed for some pics. Then we spotted two great horned owls high up in a tree. Nice way to spend the day.

Speaking of enjoying the day, let’s all do it af!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Have a great AF Sunday all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and travelers (moi). Quick check in and I will read back this evening. I accept another blessed twenty four. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

We got our covid booster. Arm is just sore. No other symptoms. We wanted to get this done before we head to AZ!

Rava, that's great about the condo! Now you can enjoy your new digs. Can you see the water?

BigAl, you learned good stuff yesterday and didn't cave. I'd count that a win!

Hope we all have an easy AF day! I'm going to enjoy the pancakes, ABC. Yum. I'll definitely take another 24!

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. Great news on the condo [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I bet that's a load off. We moved so often for my job, I remember the relief of putting a house (or condo) behind us. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you are 100% correct, I was half right and half wrong. I just felt bad, even though I was half right. I would have rather just rolled with her and had a happy night. She is at the age where there aren't many of those (until she comes out of the teen fog and then we can all be normal again).

The whole family is coming over tonight, we try to have Sunday dinners either out at the farm or at our house. I am making what I call my "all day lasagne", just because I start the sauce in the morning and it simmers for six hours. Home made béchamel sauce as opposed to ricotta. It's pretty good. Anyway, that will take me all the way through the evening and I will end a full sober week. It feels good. In fact, I feel as good as I have in a while. I am looking forward to how good I will feel with a month under my belt. So with that, I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday, and I am looking forward to another 24 please and thanks.

Oh, and I finally got in 7 hours of sleep last night. It was so very welcome.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends and thanks for all the good wishes on the new digs. Yesterday I ordered some furniture but of course due to covid things are several months out. I will have a mattress on the floor so that is where we will sleep I guess. It’s exciting and hopefully our last move. Its just the right size and all on 1 floor. It is a single story villa hooked onto a condo building. It overlooks a pond. Hopefully we will be in there in the next 2 weeks. Big Al, your lasagna sounds wonderful. Maybe sometime you could make the cafe some! It could compliment Cowboys breakfast. Hope everyone has a great Monday. We will be packing more stuff. Selling furnished is a little less work for sure. Staying sober is a goal thru all of this. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, that is really different indeed! Selling your condo furnished! It can only make the move so much easier. And it means you must have really good taste! Well done!

That was a really great breakfast, cowboy! You are a cook extraordinaire!

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:43am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cool start to the day, currently at freezing so will bundle up for my morning walk.

Great time of year for sports, eh? Hockey, football, baseball, golf, tough deciding what to watch.

Big Al, we too moved around a lot, much of it during my mis-spent youth in banking. Mrs QW and I are in our 18th house in 47 years of marriage. Did you ever feel like home was where you hung your hat at night?
                    How’d the family dinner go? Your meal sounded delicious!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Monday all,make it a wonderful AF day!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BigAl, you sound good! Keep up the good work.

Rava, bummer on the furniture delay. Hope your pup got to keep his bed!

Nothing on the docket today. Hope everyone has an easy AF day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Sunday family dinner lovers. It is good to be home. Lots of projects while the cool weather sets in. Air quality is shite due to the KNP Complex Fires burning near Sequoia National Forest. Prayers needed for California. In other news, my daughter is in Sweden finishing her last semester of Graduate School and will probably work and live in Germany. We hope she’ll come visit before she begins works but we will most certainly visit her once restriction lift and it’s safer to travel to Europe.

Great news on your condo Rava. Great progress on maintaining your sobriety, BigAl. So, it is with a deep sense of gratitude that I accept another 24. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x

P.S. Thanks for breakfast yesterday, Cowboy. Just perfect before my flight!
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], wow, I didn't realize you sold your old condo furnished. dill must be right in that you have good taste! And yes, the whole Cafe gets lasagne next time I make it. Although I think I am going to smoke some ribs or a brisket this weekend (but i'll share that too).

QW, yes, for the longest time home was where I took my boots off. It's funny after all this moving around we are not used to doing any "fixing up" because we knew we would just be moving again. Now that we are static we are having a hard time getting into the mode of fixing our own house up. In the 22 years my wife and I have been together, this is the 13th house we have lived in. Funny enough, the longest time we spent in any one place was in South Africa.

Well, it is a sober day for me today. Just plowed through work as best I could. I've noticed that COVID has screwed me up a little bit. Being on the introverted side, and then working from home, it is increasingly hard for me to just simply engage, whether in person or not. I have read articles that I am not alone in this personality shift. I guess i just need to force myself back into the hubbub as much as I can. While there was always a little part of me that would avoid people, I was fairly social back when I had to interact. With that gone I can tell that I have receded a bit. I'm sure poisoning myself with alcohol did not help in the least.

Overall just trucking along. I see the therapist again on Thursday and it will be a nice change to tell her that I have been sober since I saw her last. But, I need to make it through tomorrow first and that's my only goal. It was a lonely day today, and a lonely evening tonight as my wife went for a couple of beers with her friends again. But, I am going to just recognize that feeling and let it pass. I will have a cup of tea, get a good read in tonight, and fingers crossed get another 6 or 7 hours of sleep. It has been heavenly. Thanks friends, for your kind words and encouragement. I am looking forward to another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Finding vacation a little stressful with all of the booze flowing, but so far, so good!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the nice comments. Our furniture is only 2 years old and not expensive at all. We thought it might cost almost as much to move it as to buy new cheap furniture. LOL. All of my artwork on the walls is from various thrift store finds. So all is good. I ordered some new stuff and hopefully will have a mattress by the time we move. A mattress and box spring on the floor is just fine. Jude, glad you are doing well on your family visit. Big Al, keep up the good work and get thru today. Your therapy appointment will be here before you know it. Ginger, the dog sleeps with us so he will be ok. LOL. He actually fell out of bed the other night and seems to be limping a bit on his back leg. Hopefully today he will be better. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. I have not been grocery shopping for a week thus not feeling triggered as I would walk thru the wine department to get to the groceries. I hate that part!

Comment

Working...
                                X