~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thought I posted yesterday but guess not,anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Friday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, one day your quit will stick. In the meantime, maybe get rid of the bottles hidden around your home. For many of us here, getting al out of our houses was key to getting our quits to stick,

Yesterday was our Parkinson support group meeting, via Zoom again. We were shocked to see how quickly Parkinson’s had progressed in one of the participants. We hadn’t seen her for a few months and it looks like she’ll soon need to move to a care facility. This lady and her husband are living in a huge house full of furniture and downsizing will be a major chore for them. They have a collection of over 500 salt & pepper sets! Sad to see someone who was relatively stable a short while ago now so sick.
      As frustrating as we find PD, at least Mrs QW’s is progressing slowly, for now anyway.

This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. Our family invited us to dinner on Sunday but, as much as we’d love to be together, we don’t feel safe being there. Our grandkids have been recently exposed to Covid at school and while they tested negative, Mrs QW is worried she’d be susceptible, given her compromised immune system. So, we’ll stay home.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you are neither old nor confused. My sister-in-law is my wife's sister, who is getting married this weekend. I walked a circuitous path in my early years. I am a dual major, the first was philosophy, the second engineering (yeah, I realize it's an unusual combination). During my philosophy degree days I became a Minister for no reason other than I could and it seemed a rightful denouement to the years I devoted to my degree. I was also very much pushed to do so by my professor at the time. So yes, I can legally marry folks. She asked me to officiate her wedding as she was a little girl when my wife and I started dating and I have pulled her out of a jamb a time or two. Her father passed away due to cancer way too early and I have tried to be as much of a fill-in as I could in that regard. So, on one hand I am honored, on the other hand I don't want to stand in front of 200 people and officiate their marriage. COVID has increased my anxiety when it comes to interacting in real life. But it is what it is and I will do what i must.

Comment

BigAl, I'm so proud of you! You didn't allow that slip to turn into a full on crash.

Rava, that's going to be rough waiting on furniture. Kinda like college days. Bricks, sticks and boxes. Hopefully, the supply chain will get back to normal faster than that.

Techie, hope you continue to improve. I ordered the bubble wrap but it's on back order like everything else! Be careful til it gets here.

Hi to everyone! 24 please 🙏

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and confusing relatives. The really good things about wagons is they have wheels. So, while your wagon took an unanticipated stop, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], crack the whip and get rolling forward. Feeling so much better today. Acupuncture really helped yesterday. Ribs still sore but I was able to get my morning run in without any issues. BTW, it was raining. Blessed rain which we need desperately. Gratitude, gratitude, love. I’m hoping that Cowboy will eventually add a gluten free breakfast item to the Sunday ABC menu!?

I hop you get your furniture soon, Rava. How inconvenient. I am reading more about pain and the power of the mind. Dr. Joe Dispenza’s “You Are The Placebo and Dr. Bruce Lipton’s “Biology Of Belief,” are just brilliant resources. So, with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I forgot to mention that the place in Costa Rica we are planning on going is Rythmia Life Advancement Center. A very prolific author friend of Mrs Techie was there and described it as life changing!

Spiritual Retreat Center: Yoga & Meditation
              Last edited by techie; October 8, 2021, 10:07 AM. Reason: Added url
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sporadic internet here, and often no phone service. Asking for a quick 24 more please.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Just got back from the wedding rehearsal. Anxious about tomorrow but it is what it is. Lots of booze will flow following the ceremony, so my plan is to exit stage right. I pray for another 24 hours of sobriety. It will test my limits. But at least I can prepare.

Comment

You go and be the newest bestest (yes I said bestest) version of BigAl that you can be. Do it sober, blow minds, and you’ll be over a huge hurdle that will make every challenge going forward seem easy. We are with you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] took the words right out of my mouth [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], even the word bestest which I use quite often lol. It was about 3 weeks after my last Day 1 that we had a wedding to attend and Bubba and I discussed not going, mind you I wasn't the one officiating lol. I decided that events like this were going to be a part of my life so I'd better get used to it. We stayed till after the first few dances and then left. We sat at a table with a bunch of our friends and when it came time for the toasts I went and got ginger ale in my glass. One of my friends questioned me about it and I told them that I was done with drinking, it was just getting too out of control. That was it, they all accepted what I said and that was the end of it. I used that wedding as my crutch more than a few times during that first year. I kept reminding myself that I got through Tyler & Sherri's wedding without drinking so I could get through anything. And I know you can as well! Good luck today Reverend Al!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; October 9, 2021, 07:00 AM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, be yourself officiating the wedding, you’ll do fine. The guests will be focused on the bride & groom and they will be focused on you. I’ve photographed over 150 weddings and have seen how the officiant sets the stage for the ceremony and for the rest of the day. Keep it light. The bride & groom may already be stressed and are looking to you to keep them calm.
                          One of the best weddings I photographed was a couple who had been together for several years, had 2 kids and number 3 was due a few weeks after the wedding. Until then, I never knew that white, maternity wedding gowns were even a thing! The best part though was when the minister spoke about love, and children coming from the union. He paused, smiled, and said “I guess you skipped ahead to that part already”!
                          And Al, the best part is that you’re doing this sober.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Saturday to us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well, I caved last night and had a few glasses of wine. I've been surrounded by people drinking all week, and the beast finally won. Back on the horse today. We head home tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it. It's been a somewhat stressful vacation. (Way too much family time.)

Asking for the strength to get through the next 24 hours.

Comment

Made it safely to a lovely home! Hope to read back later. 24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X